Will LUMBERTON and DAYTON see each other again in the playoffs..

WarPaint

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Dayton and lumberton can win their second round games, it is very likely they meet in the 4th round.

District 22-4A and the Texas City district are easily the top two 4A districts in this area.

I really hope Dayton and Lumberton meet again.

Talk about a game with emotion.

If it did happen, Dayton would have to only hope that Lumberton wouldn't have a meeting with the officials after the 3rd quarter to suddenly change the rules of the game.

For both teams sake, it would be nice if they could settle everything on the field instead of a "secret meeting".

the odds are very slim.  both teams will have difficult roads to get there.  i think the odds are much better that neither team makes it to the 4th round than that both teams do.  that being said, i would LOVE to see a rematch, and i wish both teams the best of luck in making it that deep. 

the odds are very slim.  both teams will have difficult roads to get there.  i think the odds are much better that neither team makes it to the 4th round than that both teams do.  that being said, i would LOVE to see a rematch, and i wish both teams the best of luck in making it that deep. 

YES!!! If they can get past the intimidation factor of playing the teams in 21/23-4A re Texas City and LaMarque Bay City, El Campo, they SHOULD meet again. Both teams are plenty good enough to get to the R3 final game and play each other. Just play those teams like they play everyone else and they can do it. Dayton has plenty of speed to deal with it and Lumberton is just flat playing good football. I think it is a very good chance that they will meet again if they just play their best football and dont freak out. You see teams try to do too much in the playoffs and shoot themselves in the foot. I would LOVE to see Dayton hammer LaMarque in round 2, it could and probably should happen. We will see if they freak out or not.  Then the semi final game you go against the unknown. Probably New Braunfels or Kerville. Calallen always chokes before they get that far. They are kindof the Nederland of Region 4.

IF we make it far enough to play Dayton again (assuming they make it also)...it looks like we would've had to beat some very good teams to get there...I'm not saying we would beat Dayton again but if we got that far it would have to say something for our team, right?? Obviously it would mean we are over the "1st time playoff jitters" and are playing good football.  Just a thought.

I see no reason to get upset about looking to matchups down the road. Teams will concentrate on their upcoming games. If they don't, shame on them. If people didn't want to see their possible future opponents, then there would be no need for playoff brackets. The UIL could contact your coach after every game and let you know where to be the following week. It could be a secret.  ::)

Guest maverick24

I thought the question was Will Lumberton see dayton again? All I know is we played once so far this year and WHO WON Thats right Raidernation. Don't say yall would do anything that you can't prove, Yall claimed you would beat us by 30 last time and YA LOST. Can you say that you beat us this year NO only png can so sit in your #2 seed seat and pray that Crosby doesn't beat yall like RAIDERNATION did.

Second are you hoping that LaMarque will do something that yall couldn't.

See I want to pull for Dayton but its posters like you and Purple that make Other teams root against yall.

I thought the question was Will Lumberton see dayton again? All I know is we played once so far this year and WHO WON Thats right Raidernation. Don't say yall would do anything that you can't prove, Yall claimed you would beat us by 30 last time and YA LOST. Can you say that you beat us this year NO only png can so sit in your #2 seed seat and pray that Crosby doesn't beat yall like RAIDERNATION did.

See I want to pull for Dayton but its posters like you and Purple that make Other teams root against yall.

Face the facts big guy yall didnt play the same dayton team the rest of your district team did and had you'll played them last game of district you would have lost.

That being said i hope both teams get to round 4 so that I can see broncos stomp all over raiders. Dayton would win by 30+

Guest whoabroncos09

Face the facts big guy yall didnt play the same dayton team the rest of your district team did and had you'll played them last game of district you would have lost.

That being said i hope both teams get to round 4 so that I can see broncos stomp all over raiders. Dayton would win by 30+

the truth hurts dont it.

hahaha.

i hope we face lumberton again..

there will be a bronco stampede!!!!!!!

the truth hurts dont it.

hahaha.

i hope we face lumberton again..

there will be a bronco stampede!!!!!!!

There's no "truth" to hurt us...we haven't played ya'll again yet and nobody knows the outcome of that game until after we do play. And if you beat us, so be it...you can finally stop whinning about your loss to us in week 1.

Can you say that you beat us this year NO only png can so sit in your #2 seed seat and pray that Crosby doesn't beat yall like RAIDERNATION did.

Relish in the fact that Lumberton did beat Dayton this year.

But as far as the #2 seed...

Must be nice to CHANGE THE RULES to get the #1 seed.

Second...

"Crosby doesn't beat yall like raidernation did."

A one point victory in the last few seconds of a game is not a whipping, it is pulling out a last second "home field advantage" win.

Third....

"Second are you hoping that LaMarque will do something that yall couldn't."

If Lumberton does get to the second round along with LaMarque, I wish the Raiders the best of luck.

Fourth....

"See I want to pull for Dayton but its posters like you and Purple that make Other teams root against yall."

I think your words in this post are in harmony of what this district did on the Friday afternoon meeting.

Good luck against Smiley, if things get rough just see if you can have the rules changed.

Back to the topic....

Hopefully all three 22-4A teams will win this Friday.

That is the first step to the rematch.

Guest beards_bro

I knew there would be some Dayton playa haters out there hatin on them  #1 stunnas known as the L-Train. They keep on saying they would win IF This and they would win IF THAT. Well I could sit here and say that if Lumberton wouldn't have dropped 2-3 for sure touchdown passes and hadn't had twice as many penalties in critical situations of the game, we would have won by at least two td's...but IF doesn't matter.The fact of the matter is, that game has already came and gone and Dayton was beat when the game counted and mattered most. They had there chance. You have to play with the cards you were dealt...that's football, things don't always go your way. Dayton had to settle for a co-championship instead of winning district outright all by themselves because of the train...so they can't say that the game didn't matter. All that matters is that we got the W and they got the L! That is what will be in the record books forever..so deal with it however you deem necessary...but stop trying to pretend you're Nostradamus or however you spell that dudes name. You can't prove or back up that statement about them broncs beating the train because they are not playing right now and are not going to be playing any time soon so stop trying to be a psychic. It is possible that Dayton could beat Lumberton if they played right now but it is not a given....it's very possible that L-Town could repeat their week 1 performance again but we will obviously never know...so to stay that Dayton would win by 30+ is a ridiculous statement.

Guest beards_bro

Dayton would beat Lumberton by 30 now and you know it! Wait until LaMarque gets a hold of you in round 2.

I hope we get LaMarque in round 2. I welcome that challenge for our boys. To be the best, you've got to beat the best. You can't go around hoping you're able to dodge all of the great teams. You are going to have to face them eventually. I guess Dayton is upset with the seeding because they must feel that Crosby is a tougher team than the other and they wanted the easy way out so they could advance to round two. All we can do is give it our best and leave it all out there on the field. If they beat the boys, at least they will know that they gave it there all and played the very best that they could. But first, we will concentrate on Smiley and not over look them at all. If we win...then maybe LaMarque.

Guest beards_bro

Mav..I understand what you are saying about certain posters making it hard for people to root for Dayton. Now I see why they always stay upset about not getting any love from the public and other football fans. If you look in the Saturday papers from the previous weeks they are getting no love. The win against PNG was barely mentioned in last weeks paper..it was on the very last page in small print if it even was. The week before against Big Ned..63-0 was'nt even hardly mentioned if you go back and look. I guess it's just hard to root for these guys and it shows..at least from what I've been observing lately. Just my opinion..they don't have to like it.

Guest maverick24

Good post BRO!!! I love the way they say this is a Dif Dayton team and they would beat us by 30. This is also a Dif. Lumberton team, so who knows what will happen. By the way Rurple did you come up with any proof about all the claims you keep making about Lumberton having a private meeting?? NO You didn't because The first person to complain was a Super from another school then as you said before Lumberton and Dayton did not vote to keep or change anything. If you have paid any attention to anything us Raidernation fans say on here, we are arrogant we think we can beat anyone and we were glad to be in the playoffs so we didn't and still don't care who we play. I think Dayton has a great team and will pull for them even if their are some very uneducated fans on here talking crap. I think the team has earned the respect I give them but dont get  me wrong they are in no way a superteam. If they are Raidernation must be a SUPER SUPER TEAM since they beat them!!!!! LOL I love saying that!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83