Kountze vs New Waverly

aTmfan06

30 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Kountze got a shot here? New Waverly looks pretty solid 

New Waverly is good but Kountze can win this game. NW is not very deep. They have good length so rebounding will be an issue for Kountze. They have a couple of good shooters and prefer to play more of a half court game. If Kountze can apply pressure in the front court and get some turnovers and knock down some three's (NW will probably play zone), the Lions have a real good chance of winning this game.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

New Waverly is good but Kountze can win this game. NW is not very deep. They have good length so rebounding will be an issue for Kountze. They have a couple of good shooters and prefer to play more of a half court game. If Kountze can apply pressure in the front court and get some turnovers and knock down some three's (NW will probably play zone), the Lions have a real good chance of winning this game.

Hemphill went to a zone after halftime.. Kountze was up 14 I believe.: gave them some problems so definitely might see new waverly in it 

Guest mrtomcat
3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

the New waverly guards aren't good enough to break the front court pressure, therefore causing transition points, resulting in said team playing from behind all night ? i have never seen new waverly but youd think to be a state ranked team in 3a, you'd have guard play good enough to make pressure look like garbage ?

9 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

the New waverly guards aren't good enough to break the front court pressure, therefore causing transition points, resulting in said team playing from behind all night ? i have never seen new waverly but youd think to be a state ranked team in 3a, you'd have guard play good enough to make pressure look like garbage ?

I've seen NW and all the teams in their district. No team in their district really applies full court pressure on a regular basis like Kountze does so they will have to make some adjustments. Nobody said their guard play wasn't good enough but in all my years of watching high school basketball, I have seen many a ranked team succumb to pressure.

BTW, rankings can be very subjective.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I've seen NW and all the teams in their district. No team in their district really applies full court pressure on a regular basis like Kountze does so they will have to make some adjustments. Nobody said their guard play wasn't good enough but in all my years of watching high school basketball, I have seen many a ranked team succumb to pressure.

Yes @AggiesAreWeyour exactly correct. We lost to New Waverly by 14. One of the games we have multiple players out with Covid. Also, our big man down low is out for the season with an injury from football! Thanks for all your knowledge & sharing of information 

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Who was it that Kountze played a few years ago in Livingston that was ranked and Kountze wasn’t. Kountze ended winning the game. I’m pretty sure you were there 

27 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

I like your point @mrtomcat

Guest mrtomcat
12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

For as many ranked teams that I've seen lose to the pressure applied, from an HJ, Kountze and Silsbee....i've seen the same amount of TEAMS defeat those three listed because they wouldnt GET OUT of the diamond or a 2-2-1 which left them crying at the end of the game because their was no way in hell they should have lost the game, had they fell back into 1/2 court man or zone with correct adjustments.  i'm 53 and been around a long time in this area.  3a teams dont handle pressure well.  my statement was just that, if they DID have good guard play, it could hurt Kountze more so than it should.

Guest mrtomcat
5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Who was it that Kountze played a few years ago in Livingston that was ranked and Kountze wasn’t. Kountze ended winning the game. I’m pretty sure you were there 

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

By no means am I saying Kountze should not do Kountze ALL NIGHT to New Waverly.  I dont know anything about them at all.  If it works, dont fix it !!!

54 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Yes @AggiesAreWeyour exactly correct. We lost to New Waverly by 14. One of the games we have multiple players out with Covid. Also, our big man down low is out for the season with an injury from football! Thanks for all your knowledge & sharing of information 

I'm glad you stated that... Most of our players this year has been here with Covid so we had games that we could have easily won but lost dur to those circumstances

Guest mrtomcat
1 minute ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I'm glad you stated that... Most of our players this year has been here with Covid so we had games that we could have easily won but lost dur to those circumstances

covid ?  i havent heard of it at all

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

For as many ranked teams that I've seen lose to the pressure applied, from an HJ, Kountze and Silsbee....i've seen the same amount of TEAMS defeat those three listed because they wouldnt GET OUT of the diamond or a 2-2-1 which left them crying at the end of the game because their was no way in hell they should have lost the game, had they fell back into 1/2 court man or zone with correct adjustments.  i'm 53 and been around a long time in this area.  3a teams dont handle pressure well.  my statement was just that, if they DID have good guard play, it could hurt Kountze more so than it should.

I'm 58 years old.

I'm betting I have seen more games than you. ;)

But I digress.

Looking at the record of Silsbee, I'm pretty sure they win more than they lose so your "same amount" comment is inaccurate.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm 58 years old.

I'm betting I have seen more games than you. ;)

But I digress.

Looking at the record of Silsbee, I'm pretty sure they win more than they lose so your "same amount" comment is inaccurate.

Same for Kountze. The only instance I can possibly think of he may be talking about is the state semi final vs Brock like 6-8 years ago.