Is The NFL Rigged?

13 hours ago, parrothead said:

911 Pats win.  Katrina, Saints almost win.  Harvey,  Astros win.  Jordans Dad, Jordan Wins, on Fathers day no less, Boston Marathon, Red Sox Win the series.  Payton Manning changes teams, SB.  Farve changes teams, almost SB.......

Seems scripted. I remember there was an X Files episode that Cigarette Smoking Man fixed the miracle on ice for US Olympic team.

In 1991, the Smoking Man meets with subordinates, discussing his orchestration of the Anita Hill controversy and the Rodney King trial. He orders that the Buffalo Bills not win the Super Bowl. He further reveals his drugging of a Soviet goalkeeper to ensure the outcome of the "Miracle on Ice" hockey match.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, Coach 01 said:

I think it's a crock. In the 1st half they ran the ball 10 times for 18 yards and were quickly down 20-3. They also had two HoF WR's. Go figure they want to throw the ball. On top of that, Tampa Bay had the league's #1 ranked defense. They did not need anybody to "throw the game". 

Curious:  How many people do you think at one time thought professional wrestling was for real and wasn't rigged?  Just saying.  The total melt down of the KC Chiefs in the second half of the AFC Championship game ought to give people the thought that something wasn't right.  I've seen and heard this phrase a few times concerning this:  "It's what's good for the league."  And again, it's all about entertainment.  Just like professional wrestling!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know a single adult with a lick of sense that ever thought WWE was actual fighting and not a staged and planned entertainment show. I'm not sure I understand what your perspective is. Do you believe that the NFL and it's players stage the games, with a winner of  game predetermined? A Super Bowl Champion determined before the season or the playoffs start? 

On 3/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Coach 01 said:

I'm not sure I understand what your perspective is. Do you believe that the NFL and it's players stage the games, with a winner of  game predetermined? A Super Bowl Champion determined before the season or the playoffs start? 

You should understand him, he voiced his perspective quite clearly. Manipulation is not the exact same thing as rigged

Remember that play in the NFC Championship game a few years ago, where a N.O Saints receiver was absolutely TRUCKED by a LA Ram defender before the pass arrived at crunch time? Not one, not two, not three but FOUR refs on that side of the field had the right and obligation to make that call, but not a single one did. All it would have took was ONE. Other times you will see the exact same refs flag a DB for just breathing on someone, flags will fly in from every corner of the field... 

The NFL wanted a west coast team from the nations 2nd largest media market in the SB that year rather than lowly N.O. Its all about rating$ for the league.   

10 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You should understand him, he voiced his perspective quite clearly. Manipulation is not the exact same thing as rigged

Remember that play in the NFC Championship game a few years ago, where a N.O Saints receiver was absolutely TRUCKED by a LA Ram defender before the pass arrived at crunch time? Not one, not two, not three but FOUR refs on that side of the field had the right and obligation to make that call, but not a single one did. All it would have took was ONE. Other times you will see the exact same refs flag a DB for just breathing on someone, flags will fly in from every corner of the field... 

The NFL wanted a west coast team from the nations 2nd largest media market in the SB that year rather than lowly N.O. Its all about rating$ for the league.   

He hasn't once said "manipulation". And several of his examples have referenced players or coaches intentionally losing a game, not refs. If the league manipulated games for money and ratings, why had Dallas not even come close to a Super Bowl. In nearly 30 years the most popular team hasn't made it to the Super Bowl

Again, Reagan, are you saying that players are throwing games, and intentionally losing as you have insinuated above?

4 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Here is his FIRST sentence:

Well, rigged connotates a sort of cynicism.  It's more like manipulated.

Try again, 01. 

Even so. Multiple of his examples are involving players throwing games. That's not manipulation. Manipulation, rigged, staged.... Whatever word you want to use.  I am asking a simple question. Are we saying that players in leagues are intentionally losing games as stated multiple times above by Reagan?

8 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

Even so. Multiple of his examples are involving players throwing games. That's not manipulation. Manipulation, rigged, staged.... Whatever word you want to use.  I am asking a simple question. Are we saying that players in leagues are intentionally losing games as stated multiple times above by Reagan?

You totally missed his first sentence, and you apparently missed the first part of his 2nd paragraph too. Reading comprehension would pay off. 

21 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

why had Dallas not even come close to a Super Bowl. In nearly 30 years the most popular team hasn't made it to the Super Bowl

Most popular and most hated. Dak and Jerry making plenty off of their short seasons. If he's making $40M a season, why bother with this tiny bonus?

Annual Super Bowl win + 50% snaps: $1M

This is the hidden content, please

21 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

I 100% believe that major sports leagues want certain teams in the playoffs and championship games. Why shouldn't they? Certain teams pull more ratings.

Fair play, integrity of the game, avoiding any appearance of impropriety, avoiding altering players careers, disenfranchising fan bases, opening itself to criminal gambling influences, the list goes on.

Yeah I know these are archaic concepts that NO ONE cares about anymore, but I still do. I have the audacity to believe there is still a right and wrong, even though we are talking about the National Felon League. 

Crazy, ain't it?