Orangefield at Silsbee 7:00 Fri"

Who That

Orangefield is going to be hurt by a weak non-district schedule here.ย  I feel because of their non-district schedule they have not seen anyone close to Silsbee and this is why I have Silsbee by 25+ unless OF sits on the ball.ย  Don't think they have the guard play to sit on it for 32 minutes with the amount of pressure Silsbee is going to bring.ย ย 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

I didnโ€™t see Liberty playing within 2 either but they did.ย 

Silsbee is #2 in the state for a reason, but i think it shows terrible basketball knowledge to use the liberty game as a barometer. According to maxpreps Orangefield had beaten Liberty by 50 & 30 in the other matchups.ย 

Keys to OF even having any sort of shot at keeping it close are controlling the tempo, shooting the ball well, not giving up a lot of offensive boards, and limiting turnovers as much as possible.ย  Turnovers are going to happen, but they can't lead to fast break points.ย  Silsbee comes in waves and you have to be able to withstand the waves.ย  That is easier said that done though.ย ย 

3 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Silsbee is #2 in the state for a reason, but i think it shows terrible basketball knowledge to use the liberty game as a barometer. According to maxpreps Orangefield had beaten Liberty by 50 & 30 in the other matchups.ย 

Never said my basketball knowledge was above the terrible level. On their worst day Orangefield should be 20 points better than Liberty. All that said my observation is strictly based on matchups. Silsbeeโ€™s pressure defense is going to be a problem. If the Bobcats can break the press and hit the 3 then they could keep it under 20. Thatโ€™s a tall order.ย 

I have seen about half the schools in this district play. Silsbee is head and shoulders better than the rest. They could get better if they could get one of their big people healthy but that might not be this year. I really think Orangefield has a lot of skills. They are short on depth and speed which kills them against someone like Silsbee. Lumberton needs their big guy who hurt his shoulder. They are athletic but may not have the shooting skills of Orangefield. I have seen WOS but not seen them play. They appear to be missing some players from last year. Maybe they are just slow getting out from football. I haven't seen Vidor or LCM at all.ย i did watch BC a little earlier. It should be an interesting battle for second third and fourth for playoff positions.