#10 Hightower at #9 Paetow 5A D1/PAETOW WINS 55-7

• Mr. Buddy Garrity changed the title to #10 Hightower at #9 Paetow 5A D1/PAETOW WINS 55-7
12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Paetow/College Station will be a doozy.

I don’t think College Station could score 17 points on Denton Ryan’s starters? They were down 52-7 after three quarters last year and came in averaging over 50ppg. DR’s offense isn’t as good this year but the defense is probably better. CS is going to also have to get past a very good Lone Star team in the area round before they even get DR in the regional final. I think DR goes back to back though. 

I think Manvel just had an off night offensively in the Hightower game. Manvel matches up a lot better at the line of scrimmage with Paetow than FBH does though. If Paetow doesn’t get stops against the run game early I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them get beat. Manvel’s defense is just as good as Paetow’s too. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Must see TV from Arlington definitely if it happens. 

Paetow would be the third “new” Houston school to play for a 5A-D1 state championship by their 4th varsity season in the last seven years. George Ranch did it in ‘15, Shadow Creek did it in ‘18 and ‘19. Look out for Katy Jordan coming through 5A after Paetow moves up to 6A next year. I haven’t looked at KJ’s attendance zone but if they’re naming the school after Barbra Jordan I’d imagine they’re probably going to look a lot like Paetow. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Paetow would be the third “new” Houston school to play for a 5A-D1 state championship by their 4th varsity season in the last seven years. George Ranch did it in ‘15, Shadow Creek did it in ‘18 and ‘19. Look out for Katy Jordan coming through 5A after Paetow moves up to 6A next year. I haven’t looked at KJ’s attendance zone but if they’re naming the school after Barbra Jordan I’d imagine they’re probably going to look a lot like Paetow. 

I told @Yeoj that exact same thing last evening.