Nederland at Port Neches-Groves/Nederland wins MCM 38-28!

AggiesAreWe

3 minutes ago, outanup said:

Seems like alot of turnover at Defensive coordinator.....3 in the last year. And not sure how many overall. And why a position coach this time with no DC experience. Because he's from Allen? Seems he could find an experienced DC from the area that has ties and roots here. Or maybe no takers? There's an awful lot of turnover over there, maybe no one wants to be there. Just an observation.....

He was hired for baseball.

44 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Wb is usually stacked.....

For this area yes they are. But when you look at their talent level compared to all of 6a they are usually a middle of the road team talent wise. Always undersized but have speed. My point was even though WB has talent, they have only been to the big dance twice. 

3 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

For this area yes they are. But when you look at their talent level compared to all of 6a they are usually a middle of the road team talent wise. Always undersized but have speed. My point was even though WB has talent, they have only been to the big dance twice. 

Agreed 100%

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

41% of football teams in Texas make the playoffs.

3.9% of teams in Texas make the Semifinals

1.9% of Teams in Texas Make it to the State Game (Congrats to Crosby for being in the top 1.9% of teams in all of Texas High school football)

Approximately .95% of Teams in Texas win a SC each season.

Id say as good as Dahahar has been he still has the odds against him.

Only speaking for PNG we have been to 6 SC games and won 3.

You know making the playoffs actually means nothing anymore.  When 2-8 and 73-7 teams make it, then it’s a joke.

If it was easy to win a State Title, then every coach would have 10 or more.
Point is, it’s hard.  Only “elite” type coaches actually are capable of winning these Titles.   
Last great championship-type coach PNG had was Doug Ethridge.  I would have to check to see when the last time Nederland won a Title.  Nederland hasn’t had a championship-type coach since.  Neumann had the ability.  But, my opinion, Neumann had issues that prevented him from winning a State Title.  

7 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You know making the playoffs actually means nothing anymore.  When 2-8 and 73-7 teams make it, then it’s a joke.

If it was easy to win a State Title, then every coach would have 10 or more.
Point is, it’s hard.  Only “elite” type coaches actually are capable of winning these Titles.   
Last great championship-type coach PNG had was Doug Ethridge.  I would have to check to see when the last time Nederland won a Title.  Nederland hasn’t had a championship-type coach since.  Neumann had the ability.  But, my opinion, Neumann had issues that prevented him from winning a State Title.  

We did have Coach Danny Malone who took PNG to the quarterfinals then went on to win State in another state. Not sure how you'd measure him up?

2 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

6A is a different beast. No comparison

I know for PNG beating Nederland (and vice versa) is important to PNG fans, but having a Coach that consistently wins games (except for MCM), and puts you in the playoffs, is more important.  Coach Faircloth does that.  He puts an exciting package together year after year.  You folks supporting PNG could do a lot worse, and getting one better is an iffy proposition.

Good luck going forward.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I know for PNG beating Nederland (and vice versa) is important to PNG fans, but having a Coach that consistently wins games (except for MCM), and puts you in the playoffs, is more important.  Coach Faircloth does that.  He puts an exciting package together year after year.  You folks supporting PNG could do a lot worse, and getting one better is an iffy proposition.

Good luck going forward.

I have enjoyed watching FC coached teams. He can put a good QB on the field every season. People underscore how young this years team is. We are very young with many many soph and juniors starting. 

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

No, I'm not missing the point. You think it's coaching, and I'm saying it's very hard at the 6A level to get past the Houston area for teams from the golden triangle due to more then coaching.

Personally I think it’s all about coaching.  PNG, for two years, had one of the best QB’s in the state of Texas. If there was ever an opportunity for a State Title run this was it!  It wasn’t the personnel then.  So, that leaves only one thing!

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Personally I think it’s all about coaching.  PNG, for two years, had one of the best QB’s in the state of Texas. If there was ever an opportunity for a State Title run this was it!  It wasn’t the personnel then.  So, that leaves only one thing!

We hardly ever agree but this I agree to an extent. Png flirted with putting Shug and #12 on D cause they had no consistent D. If they had one Png would've at least won the region once during the 3 years Shug was there and possibly gotten to State. Don't think they would've gotten the ring though. Gotta remember: College Station put 50+ on em back to back seasons 3rd round. 

12 hours ago, Reagan said:

Although Shug was really good player (a personal friend of ours) there wasn't enough firepower on the team for a title run. During those years, they struggled to have healthy RB's, a horrendous defense, really good teams keyed on Shug. PNG hasn't had a really good defense since probably 1999, when they lost to Stephenville in the state title game. At the 5A level in our area, Nederland, PNG, Crosby, every now and then a BH or PAM will go 3 rounds and if really lucky 4 rounds, and lightning in a bottle (Crosby) to a title game. But to expect PNG to go to a title game because of one player (Shug) is crazy and to blame it all on if someone is a good coach or not is even more crazy. Just my opinion though.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:12 PM, prepballfan said:

We did have Coach Danny Malone who took PNG to the quarterfinals then went on to win State in another state. Not sure how you'd measure him up?

Sorry for the delayed response.  Actually I did like Malone.  I think/thought he had the potential.  That 1st year was an amazing achievement.  I thought his second year should have been an appearance in the State Title game.  But I believe he was eliminated in the first round.  So, made me wonder about that potential.  Still curious why he left PNG.

Now, him winning a State Title at Filmore Central in Nebraska, well, I'll have to defer to you if you said he did.  Where I would place him would be between Ethridge and MB and BF.