GABBY PETITO MISSING - BOYFRIEND REFUSES TO COOPERATE

thetragichippy

30 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

When I opened this page, one of the headlines said trust the FBI was serving a “court authorized” search warrant.

I have served many search warrants and all of them were court authorized. 

The twitter comments on this case are so entertaining once you realize they are made from people with no clue of how the law works. 

33 minutes ago, baddog said:

Every article I read that’s posted on this site better not have a misspelled word, punctuation error, or incorrect terminology. You will get tired of my nit-picking ways. I can promise you that.

What I was referring to was the conspiracy theories or Facebook certified legal experts that claim to know something.....or breakdown a video and claim it will solve the case.....or claiming Brian should have been arrested as soon as he returned home.....and a bunch more stuff too long to list.....  It had nothing to do with you or your post.  I won't speak for TVC, but I believe he was speaking to content in the article you posted, not personally to you.

12 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

What I was referring to was the conspiracy theories or Facebook certified legal experts that claim to know something.....or breakdown a video and claim it will solve the case.....or claiming Brian should have been arrested as soon as he returned home.....and a bunch more stuff too long to list.....  It had nothing to do with you or your post.  I won't speak for TVC, but I believe he was speaking to content in the article you posted, not personally to you.

Not meant for you. I guess I could say I didn’t quote you. Seems to work for other people.

4 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

The twitter comments on this case are so entertaining once you realize they are made from people with no clue of how the law works. 

It is painting with a broad brush but it seems to me after reading forums (which might not be a good way to draw a conclusion)mit seems maybe a majority or even a vast majority of the public has no clue how law works. Obviously everybody knows that laws exist and if you assault somebody you can face consequences or if you speed in a car you can receive a citation. That is about the end of that knowledge it appears.

I am not talking about memorizing the Penal Code or certain case laws but just the function of how it works. Read any local news story on Facebook and you can see what I believe are stupid comments. An example will be, a person arrested for DWI posted $500 bail. You can almost count the seconds going by when the first person will say, I can’t believe they got one day in jail and a $500 fine for DWI, this is an outrage!! Uhhhh, that is bail. Bail is earnest money to make sure you show back up in court later which might be a year or more.

There are plenty of other examples but with something so common in our lives you would think that most people would have at least a little clue. Maybe they do and I’m only reading certain people’s comments but at least that’s my impression.

I hate to go against the lynch mob, but you kinda have to admit that the most recent interaction with the law that these two had, SHE was the aggressor.  You can blame mental illness, homesickness, astrology, or whatever you want... but if you kick a dog enough times, he's going to bite you.

I just think that it's comical how everybody is carrying on and comparing this situation to their own past dealing with an abusive boyfriend, especially since the only evidence we've seen so far indicates that SHE was the violent one.  How do we know that this isn't the Burning Bad in reverse?  All signs point to it.  

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I hate to go against the lynch mob, but you kinda have to admit that the most recent interaction with the law that these two had, SHE was the aggressor.  You can blame mental illness, homesickness, astrology, or whatever you want... but if you kick a dog enough times, he's going to bite you.

I just think that it's comical how everybody is carrying on and comparing this situation to their own past dealing with an abusive boyfriend, especially since the only evidence we've seen so far indicates that SHE was the violent one.  How do we know that this isn't the Burning Bad in reverse?  All signs point to it.  

I thought the same thing early on. What if she left him? Now, what if she jumped off a cliff to screw him up.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I thought the same thing early on. What if she left him? Now, what if she jumped off a cliff to screw him up.

I was trying to just go by the facts......and the facts and bodycam show her as the aggressor and her even admitting she hit and scratched him because he was telling her to calm down.....

I was leaning that he was not guilty because a guilty person would not act as guilty as he was acting. Now, I really have no clue, but I still think there is more to story.....was she cheating, etc.....  

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Then why hide it for several days, refuse to talk with the police when they finally find out she is missing and then disappear?

11 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Bad decision? Most of my bad decisions have involved woman.....lol

If this was a suicide, this guy must be the most stupid guy on the face of the Earth. Let’s see, my girlfriend killed herself so I’m going to act like nothing happened, refuse to talk with anyone when they realize that she has not been there for several days and then go in hiding… all while I had nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I was trying to just go by the facts......and the facts and bodycam show her as the aggressor and her even admitting she hit and scratched him because he was telling her to calm down.....

I was leaning that he was not guilty because a guilty person would not act as guilty as he was acting. Now, I really have no clue, but I still think there is more to story.....was she cheating, etc.....  

He is acting too guilty to be guilty? 😂

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Here’s a sad viewpoint….

This is the hidden content, please

I am as politically conservative as anyone you will ever find, but in a way she has a point. Some missing cases become a cause celebre, and other similar cases don't get speck of attention. Had this been some nameless welfare woman living in Pasadena apartment complex no one would even notice, much less be on national news 24/7 and have the viewing public obsessed and in a total trance.   

No one wanted to directly answer when I asked "why is this", they just wanted to rip into me and run me out of this topic. 

35 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I am as politically conservative as anyone you will ever find, but in a way she has a point. Some missing cases become a cause celebre, and other similar cases don't get speck of attention. Had this been some nameless welfare woman living in Pasadena apartment complex no one would even notice, much less be on national news 24/7 and have the viewing public obsessed and in a total trance.   

No one wanted to directly answer when I asked "why is this", they just wanted to rip into me and run me out of this topic. 

I realize different stories get different coverage, I really hate to think it is racial. I think anyone missing deserves news coverage. Lots of people are found by someone watching the news and recognizing the missing person. John Walsh had a tv show dedicated to it, and they were mixed races. I’m just sick of everything being racial. 

So I turn on the TV this morning, and Fox News Lead Story is, not the broken US border, not Covid, not the economy, but of course gabby. But it hardly stops there. They interview New York Congressman Lee Zeldin, who talks about the FBI involvement in the gabby case, and then wait for it... the now international effort involved. O.M.G.

Its hard to wrap ones mind about the national and now international gabby obsession, and at this point, I would even say the global collective sickness surrounding gabby. Its gone flat out Mental.    

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

So I turn on the TV this morning, and Fox News Lead Story is, not the broken US border, not Covid, not the economy, but of course gabby. But it hardly stops there. They interview New York Congressman Lee Zeldin, who talks about the FBI involvement in the gabby case, and then wait for it... the now international effort involved. O.M.G.

Its hard to wrap ones mind about the national and now international gabby obsession, and at this point, I would even say the global collective sickness surrounding gabby. Its gone flat out Mental.    

Sadly, we have a country full of folks that could tell you the last three winners of the voice or the bachelorette but can't name one SCJ.

What's even sadder is they vote using this same knowledge.