WEST ORANGE-STARK 40 NEWTON 26/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

14 hours ago, powerlifter said:

wo-s was flag 17 times for 174  yards a record

Seems like each week the Stangs commit a ton of penalties. I know many times the refs single them out, but all the false starts on offense and the offsides on defense seems like a lack of focus. Some will always occur that’s true but they seem to have this problem each week. Not sure what the answer is other than keeping your head in the game better. You can’t beat teams like Carthage, Gilmer and the other top teams playing like that. 

4 hours ago, marshman said:

Seems like each week the Stangs commit a ton of penalties. I know many times the refs single them out, but all the false starts on offense and the offsides on defense seems like a lack of focus. Some will always occur that’s true but they seem to have this problem each week. Not sure what the answer is other than keeping your head in the game better. You can’t beat teams like Carthage, Gilmer and the other top teams playing like that. 

Saying the refs single them out is definitely an opinion. But to your credit, you pointed out the offsides and false starts which are objective calls. Like I said earlier, it’s lack of discipline. Coach needs to address those issues with after practice running, stands, up-downs, air raids…

On 9/19/2021 at 2:24 PM, marshman said:

the type of defense wo-s plays this year a aggressive type of defense our line men are very fast to the ball this is why  we get a lot of shakes if we were to play Gilmer  are Carthage tomorrow  they would have there hands full . the thing about Carthage is two many teams try to run up the middle THATS A NO NO  there team has 300 pounders on there defense line just cant move them  give me a running QB one that can  throw a five yard pass and can read the LBs then see what happens

On 9/19/2021 at 2:24 PM, marshman said:

It was all the personal fouls this time they kept calling.on 2 of Newton scoring drives penalties got them all the way down the field