Dayton Stadium

Guest TravelingBandsman

The old home stands are the visitor's stands, and there's a massive new home side built.

Here's new homeside stands

http://www.daytonisd.net/schools/nottingham/newstadium.htm

Guest maverick24

It is a Beautifull Place to play. I did notice the same thing last year in the 55-7 Beatdown they put on us the Raidernation overflowed out along the fence. I know that the png fans travel as well so yes yall will fill it up! I was told that because the Dayton fans are so spread out that they didnt build as many seats, But is is a great place to play unless you get beat 55-7 like we did.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Some folks said there were maybe only 200 Dayton fans at Nederland this past Friday night. Must be cuz they are spread out.  Well, get ready.....the INDIAN fans will be there, and be there in a BIG way!  Better make room and have a LOT of parking!

This being such an important game, I expect Dayton to pack their stands more than if it was homecoming.

I think our visitor's side can fit something like 4 or so thousand.

Some folks said there were maybe only 200 Dayton fans at Nederland this past Friday night. Must be cuz they are spread out.  Well, get ready.....the INDIAN fans will be there, and be there in a BIG way!  Better make room and have a LOT of parking!

I give them maybe 300 fans. The way they are playing, it looks like there is plenty a room to jump on that wagon.

After the band and drill team are seated the visiting stands hold about 3,000.

I don't know how they do ticket sales, at Dayton we start selling away tickets on Thursday to the students.  Dayton has yet to completely fill the home side.  It seats 5,000.  For the home openner we had a little over 4,000.

I have been telling people I work with here, that if PN-G were to win out and we did also there just wouldn't be enough room.  I was a PN-G student in the 70's and now that when PN-G is winning they will bring the whole town.  The Dayton officials need to decide if they are going to sell SRO tickets.  There is ample SRO space along the east endzone fence.  I think you could possibly have about 9,000 to 10,000 with SRO tickets.  The stadium holds a little over 8,000.

Thought there would be more standing from Nederland last year, but there wasn't,and they were in the much smaller stands that were removed to make room for the home side.  The stadium is top notch and is one of the finest around, it for sure has the best lighting of any stadium I have EVER been to.

All I know if I were from PN-G I would get the tickets ASAP.

I also believe the visiting side will all be general admission.

I wouldn't be surprised also if there are PN-G people waiting to get inside the stadium before 5:00 PM.

This will be a great game for the kids and the fans.

As a PN-G grad working for Dayton, talk about an early birthday present!!!!

Hearing Cherokee and seeing the marching I will bring back some AWEsome memories.

Fair warning for PN-G fans, if Dayton plays like they did against Nederland Cherokee just won't be played that frequently.  Last week the only time I heard Nederland's fight song was at halftime (was a great great game  ;D)

TRAVEL SAFELY TO DAYTON PN-G, and fair warning...

Buy your tickets early!!

Maybe Dayton should sit on the visitor's side and let PNG fans sit on the home side, even the Astrodome

thought the lower level would be enough seats for the PNG fans, but had to open up another level for a 2nd round playoff game in 1999.

Not an option...

Will be interesting to see how many people end up in the stadium.

All I know is, I just can't wait till Friday night!!!

Maybe Dayton should sit on the visitor's side and let PNG fans sit on the home side, even the Astrodome

thought the lower level would be enough seats for the PNG fans, but had to open up another level for a 2nd round playoff game in 1999.

This is true!  Hey, thats a good idea...however, the home side on Dayton's stadium wouldn't be enough room for the PNG Fans either!  Hey, I got an idea, let PNG fill both sides and let the Dayton fans stand around the endzones!

This is true!  Hey, thats a good idea...however, the home side on Dayton's stadium wouldn't be enough room for the PNG Fans either!  Hey, I got an idea, let PNG fill both sides and let the Dayton fans stand around the endzones!

Lets not get "cocky"....

I remember my Aunt telling me about the radio anouncer from Silsbee talking about the PN-G crowd the first time that the Indians played the Tigers in Silsbee.

She said he kept saying, "Where did all these people come from".

PN-G packed the stands and had people standing all the way around the fence line.

Curious...

If you are a PN-G season ticket holder is the only away game ticket you get the Nederland game?

I remember my dad having them and the package was to almost all the district games.

You have the option, as a season ticket holder, to buy just the home games, or the home games and all of the away games as well.  I have tickets for the home and away games.

In all due respect, I honestly have NEVER seen as many fans at the away games as there are at the home games.  PNG fans, old, young and in between follow their INDIANS!  I remember many, many, many times....whether we are winning or losing, the convoy of PNG fans going to away games is unreal!  No kidding aside, PNG WILL fill that stadium, you can count on it!  Cherokee will be played over and over again.....WE NEVER LOSE FAITH IN OUR YOUNG MEN!  Just something about the sound of those war drums, all the purple and white headdresses, the kids, fans, team, coaches, everyone.  HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION.....thats PNG, and for all the naysayers, PNG is for real!

You have the option, as a season ticket holder, to buy just the home games, or the home games and all of the away games as well.  I have tickets for the home and away games.

Does that include a "reserved" ticket for the Dayton game?

Curious, because there is not many "reserved" spots on the visitor side.

Consider yourself lucky to have a ticket.

There won't be many available.

A serious question, Purple?  Will Dayton honestly close the ticket booths and not allow fans in to see the game?  I'm curious.  I've never seen it happen, but guess anything is possible. ???

It happens for MCM all the time.  This yr. there were no more tickets after like Wed... and none sold at the gate either.

No idea, but think about it...

I know they have closed the ticket booths for the Nederland and PN-G games, once the tickets are sold they told the community that no tickets would be sold at the gate.

I would hope the PN-G and Dayton officials communicate on this.

It would be ashame for people from PN-G to travel to Dayton only to find out that there were no tickets available, but if they were told ahead of time that there were no extra tickets to be had, then they wouldn't make the trip.

Like I said, I think you could stand over 1,000 along the fence line from the visiting side and continuing along the east end zone.  I certainly am no official on this, I have just relayed to a few prominent DISD employees to be expecting an overflow crowd.

Guest dailynews

I feel sorry for all of those fans traveling to Dayton to see the Broncos beat the Indians. Get over yourself PNG fans. Dayton has a very nice stadium quit trying to dogg them out by saying they dont have enough room for you. I doubt they considered your fan base when they designed the stadium!!!!

I feel sorry for all of those fans traveling to Dayton to see the Broncos beat the Indians. Get over yourself PNG fans. Dayton has a very nice stadium quit trying to dogg them out by saying they dont have enough room for you. I doubt they considered your fan base when they designed the stadium!!!!

It's OBVIOUS that they didn't consider PNG's crowd...duh!  No one else gives a rip either.  It's just interesting that a nice new stadium like that has such a puny little visitors side.  It takes away from the overall effect...IMO

Nobody's "doggin" anyone.  Just stating the facts. 

It's OBVIOUS that they didn't consider PNG's crowd...duh!  No one else gives a rip either.  It's just interesting that a nice new stadium like that has such a puny little visitors side.  It takes away from the overall effect...IMO

Nobody's "doggin" anyone.  Just stating the facts. 

Dayton's visitor side sits over 3,000.  Your lucky this game is not in Crosby, there visiting side is much smaller, and then there is Barbers Hill, their visiting side doesn't even seat 2,000, maybe not even 1,000.  The stadiums between Houston and Beaumont weren't built to accomadate the visiting fans that the Beaumont area had.  PN-G better be thankful that Dayton was able to get the new home stands, without it there would be less than 800 tickets available.

Dayton has a very nice stadium, the field turf is top notch, and the lighting can't be beat.

No matter how many people are there it will be a great night to finish off the regular season.

I am still interested in how the Dayton officials will handle the walk up crowd.

Dayton's visitor side sits over 3,000.  Your lucky this game is not in Crosby, there visiting side is much smaller, and then there is Barbers Hill, their visiting side doesn't even seat 2,000, maybe not even 1,000.  The stadiums between Houston and Beaumont weren't built to accomadate the visiting fans that the Beaumont area had.  PN-G better be thankful that Dayton was able to get the new home stands, without it there would be less than 800 tickets available.

Dayton has a very nice stadium, the field turf is top notch, and the lighting can't be beat.

No matter how many people are there it will be a great night to finish off the regular season.

I am still interested in how the Dayton officials will handle the walk up crowd.

Dayton does have a very nice stadium.

PNG, with all the money you're spending on your new stadium...will you have better parking??? Hopefully you will because it's terrible now. And if you're not going to have better parking...I wouldn't be saying anything about Dayton's visitor stands.   P.S. I'm not from Dayton...just making an observation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124