Barbers Hill 4 Aledo 1//FINAL/BARBERS HILL LADY EAGLES - CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

WOSgrad

16 hours ago, bferg77 said:

Just had a friend post on Facebook that Aledo is using a cell phone to track BH pitches and calling them out to batters. Sure hoping that's  not the case.

She was definitely doing something.,...looking at BH signs, calculating something on her phone....and I could read her lips saying Code RED which I assume means fastball. 

As I said earlier the ranking are what they are, but after later watching 6A Deer Park -Judson on NFHS, one thing I am highly confident of is that Barbers Hill is THE best team in the state of Texas. With that in mind, if BH is clearly the best in Texas, its very plausible that the Lady Eagles are indeed the best in the nation!  

11 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

As I said earlier the ranking are what they are, but after later watching 6A Deer Park -Judson on NFHS, one thing I am highly confident of is that Barbers Hill is THE best team in the state of Texas. With that in mind, if BH is clearly the best in Texas, its very plausible that the Lady Eagles are indeed the best in the nation!  

Well that's the cool thing, they all played each other this year. BH beat Liberty 5-0 (S Landry threw a no hitter) and split with DP. Simpson threw a 1-0 no hitter against the Deer. I'd say that is a pretty good case for BH being #1 overall.  With that said, all are great teams and it is amazing they are all that close of each other.

An interesting note was the enrollment numbers that were the in UIL programs, I think Liberty was 550 or so, BH was  1780ish and DP was 3999! That is a staggering number of students at one school. 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, Steven Avery said:

Well that's the cool thing, they all played each other this year. BH beat Liberty 5-0 (S Landry threw a no hitter) and split with DP. Simpson threw a 1-0 no hitter against the Deer. I'd say that is a pretty good case for BH being #1 overall.  With that said, all are great teams and it is amazing they are all that close of each other.

An interesting note was the enrollment numbers that were the in UIL programs, I think Liberty was 550 or so, BH was  1780ish and DP was 3999! That is a staggering number of students at one school. 

" DP was 3999!" Allen HS has almost 3k more than DP.

Google Texas high schools with the highest number of students, 

Allen (6959)

Plano West (5579.5)

Plano East (5445.5)

Plano (4999)

Duncanville (4529)

Galena Park North Shore (4505.5)

Lewisville (4468)

Conroe The Woodlands (4330)

• 11 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, aledoalumni said:

Thanks. We return all but 2 of the girls. Hopefully we will be back next season. I know thats all they will talk about during the offseason. Yalls pitcher was very impressive! She threw smoke all game and we couldnt stack hits. 

State bound in '22. Looking to finish the job this time! Was looking forward to a BH rematch but didnt work out. 

13 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

State bound in '22. Looking to finish the job this time! Was looking forward to a BH rematch but didnt work out. 

Appreciate the thought but BH had a huge rebuilding to go through this year. Its no surprise BH did not advance very far. Our top two pitchers from last year are on NCAA D1 teams. 

BH is going to be very good the next three years. The Ace this year was a Freshman, and we have other good ones coming up. Good Luck Aledo. You will see LC in the finals, just as I predicted. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Barbers Hill 4 Aledo 1//FINAL/BARBERS HILL LADY EAGLES - CLASS 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!