WOS,ORANGEFIELD,BRIDGECITY,AND LCM COMBINE AS ONE????

I’d never say, “Never,†but there’s a lot of history and emotion working against it.

Long ago, before most of you were born—and aren’t those words enough to turn you off—so why don’t we take a break so all disinterested parties can tune out.

OK, if anyone is still here: Back in the mid-1960’s Orange Stark was the big 4A school, 4A being what 5A is now. And this was back in the days of segregation. Bridge City was 3A (today’s 4A), West Orange was 2A (3A), Little Cypress and Mauriceville were separate schools, and Orangefield was Orangefield.

Stark had the size, but West Orange had the money. The Orange people wanted to tap into the money, and so they tried to push the idea of a big merger. Stark and West Orange for sure, plus Bridge City and Little Cypress. And maybe Orangefield.

When it was put to a vote, the people in Orange always approved it. The people in the other communities always voted it down by a huge margin. So Orange went to Plan B. They dissolved the Orange ISD, and forced the West Orange ISD to take them over. I think the court battles over that went on for years.

At the same time the integration process resulted in a lot of “White Flight†to the West Orange schools. And with West Orange ISD in control, the West Orange schools got the best of everything, and the Orange schools got the meager leftovers. There was a lot of bad blood between the two high schools.

In the late 1970’s economics finally forced a merger between West Orange and Stark, but there was still a lot of mutual animosity to overcome.

So don’t expect Bridge City, Orangefield and LC-M to go along with any merger with Orange. They’ve been fighting to maintain their independence for decades and are not going to just give it up.

I personally think that a merger between these schools would happen only if WW3 blew up everything else in the U.S. except for the 4!  Last but not least:

WO-S = 7-1

BC = 0-8

LCM = 1-7

OF = 2-6

I think we'll be just fine with our own team! ;D ;D ;D

That's 22 spots available in football, but what scares me is 9 on the diamond.

I’d never say, “Never,†but there’s a lot of history and emotion working against it.

Long ago, before most of you were born—and aren’t those words enough to turn you off—so why don’t we take a break so all disinterested parties can tune out.

OK, if anyone is still here: Back in the mid-1960’s Orange Stark was the big 4A school, 4A being what 5A is now. And this was back in the days of segregation. Bridge City was 3A (today’s 4A), West Orange was 2A (3A), Little Cypress and Mauriceville were separate schools, and Orangefield was Orangefield.

Stark had the size, but West Orange had the money. The Orange people wanted to tap into the money, and so they tried to push the idea of a big merger. Stark and West Orange for sure, plus Bridge City and Little Cypress. And maybe Orangefield.

When it was put to a vote, the people in Orange always approved it. The people in the other communities always voted it down by a huge margin. So Orange went to Plan B. They dissolved the Orange ISD, and forced the West Orange ISD to take them over. I think the court battles over that went on for years.

At the same time the integration process resulted in a lot of “White Flight†to the West Orange schools. And with West Orange ISD in control, the West Orange schools got the best of everything, and the Orange schools got the meager leftovers. There was a lot of bad blood between the two high schools.

In the late 1970’s economics finally forced a merger between West Orange and Stark, but there was still a lot of mutual animosity to overcome.

So don’t expect Bridge City, Orangefield and LC-M to go along with any merger with Orange. They’ve been fighting to maintain their independence for decades and are not going to just give it up.

very interesting, i never knew the parts about bridge city orangefield & lcm

Guest LCMyesterdayPNGtoday

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

It will be called West Orange-Stark II. ;)

on your list of accomplishments, you forgot to list how WO-S managed to drop from 5A to 3A in a matter of 20 years.  just shows that nobody wants their kids to go to school there unless they can play football :D  I remember going to grade school and junior high in west orange and moving to LCM in the middle of my 8th grade year as a straight A student and being so far behind academically that I almost failed the 8th grade!  Sorry to be so ugly, but I am just saying what others are thinking.

on your list of accomplishments, you forgot to list how WO-S managed to drop from 5A to 3A in a matter of 20 years.  just shows that nobody wants their kids to go to school there unless they can play football :D  I remember going to grade school and junior high in west orange and moving to LCM in the middle of my 8th grade year as a straight A student and being so far behind academically that I almost failed the 8th grade!  Sorry to be so ugly, but I am just saying what others are thinking.

All most failing a grade is not a schools fault, what ever you put into it is what u get out of it. And i resent the statment on "nobody wants to send their kids to go to school there unless they can play football. " I know we have very good athletic programs and that hides other things. WOS has some very good UIL teams that place in many categories.......classy post

I went there and turned out alright.  I guess I'm just super smart.  People like you are why people from WO-S hates lcm.  You will probably be first in line to run to Orangefield or Bridge City wgen LC-M gets to "Black."  Sorry.  I don't mean to be ugly, just saying what a lot of Mustang fans think.

If they can play football or they don't want their kids having physical relationships with their teachers.

I went there and turned out alright.  I guess I'm just super smart.  People like you are why people from WO-S hates lcm.  You will probably be first in line to run to Orangefield or Bridge City wgen LC-M gets to "Black."  Sorry.  I don't mean to be ugly, just saying what a lot of Mustang fans think.

Apparently, it has already happened. Check out the user name.  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder