Disrespectful or No Big Deal?

I personally think it's disrespectful.  LaMarque does it too, I think.  I'm sure there's not disrespect intended  but that doesn't mean that's how it will be taken.  I take it as the team degrading the home teams Mascot/symbol/icon...whatever, on their home turf in front of the home crowd, because they know nothing can be done about it.  Kinda C S if you ask me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are forgetting that most of the time the logo has nothing to do with it.  If you watch WOS they do it even when there is no logo on the field.  They are just going to the middle of the field and when the refs wont let them they do it near the sidelines.  The are just getting ready for the game not trying to disgrace a logo, yall are looking too far in to it.  

Guest whoabroncos09

Some of you are making a mountain out of a molehill.  For crying out loud, URINATING on mid-field is disrespectful.  Running out to the middle and piling a sack on one another is NOT!  I have enough things to worry about than whether or not someone walked on my logo.  Whew.....

thank you.

lol.

Guest maverick24

You are forgetting that most of the time the logo has nothing to do with it.  If you watch WOS they do it even when there is no logo on the field.  They are just going to the middle of the field and when the refs wont let them they do it near the sidelines.  The are just getting ready for the game not trying to disgrace a logo, yall are looking too far in to it.  

So you have noticed that some Refs won't let them do it in the middle of the field, That should tell you that the guys in charge know it is not right.

Ok to answer a few things

Do I think Hooks cares if it is against the rules NO he has shown in the past he does things his way. He is a great coach so before you say I bashed him I didnt.

KJB also stated that they do it to get pumped up and They need it to get pumped up so that makes it ok in his eyes. If it took a snort of something to get a player pumped up because they need something to get them ready would that make it ok BECAUSE THEY NEED IT TO PLAY Thats a weak arguement.

I fully think they (by they I mean any team that does it) do it as a sign that they think they own that field, I agree it is in my opinion disrespectful  but beyond that against the rules and will only intice payback.

Whatever, Maverick.  You will find an argument to everything everyone says, so what difference does it make.  You know what?  WOS is so far undefeated in the entire district for 3 1/2 years.  We may as well go ahead and be cocky and say we DO own every field in this district since we've beaten everybody.  Does that make you happier?  Or does it just make you feel good to keep arguing this point?  Spitting in someone's face is disrespect...spiking the ball on someone's logo (as someone else said) is disrespect....URINATING on someone's log is disrespect.  We have all said that WE don't consider it disrespectful and you still want to condemn us and argue our opinion.  YOU are the one bashing.....Lay off it, will you?  Get over it.

And who jumped on your logo that pissed you off so bad?

here is how you solve this problem:

You dig a huge hole in the center of your field, then you put a mesh cloth over it with the same logo you normally have.  When the mustangs come to jump on your logo.  Bammm!!!!  they fall in the hole.  They use all their engery getting out.  then Whamm you take advantage. ;D ;D ;D

here is how you solve this problem:

You dig a huge hole in the center of your field, then you put a mesh cloth over it with the same logo you normally have.  When the mustangs come to jump on your logo.  Bammm!!!!  they fall in the hole.  They use all their engery getting out.  then Whamm you take advantage. ;D ;D ;D

LOL-You're cracking me up tonight!!! 

So you have noticed that some Refs won't let them do it in the middle of the field, That should tell you that the guys in charge know it is not right.

Ok to answer a few things

Do I think Hooks cares if it is against the rules NO he has shown in the past he does things his way. He is a great coach so before you say I bashed him I didnt.

KJB also stated that they do it to get pumped up and They need it to get pumped up so that makes it ok in his eyes. If it took a snort of something to get a player pumped up because they need something to get them ready would that make it ok BECAUSE THEY NEED IT TO PLAY Thats a weak arguement.

I fully think they (by they I mean any team that does it) do it as a sign that they think they own that field, I agree it is in my opinion disrespectful  but beyond that against the rules and will only intice payback.

First of all the refs dont keep them from doing it, they just move them from the center so obviously they dont think its wrong.  Second I wasnt referring to WOS getting pumped up because they obviously dont need it their record speaks for itself.  Third, you can talk about hooks all you want cuz i went to west brook (where they do not run out in the middle of the field).  Finally if anybody thinks its wrong well your right to that opinion but all i will say is that its nothing personal and WOS still would do it if they were at a neutral site.  Not saying its right but its really not hurting anybody.

Let me ask it another way.  If you go to midfield and jump up and down on another team's logo, is that showing respect to your opponents field and/or logo/mascot?  If the answer is no, then it's being disrespectful.  It's not that big a deal to get pumped up in the endzone.  Why feel the need to do it midfield?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476