Disrespectful or No Big Deal?

Mav-wonder what rule number that is with the UIL.  Haven't seen that one before or NOONE would do it!  (If it was truly a RULE!)  Maybe it's just a wish list for teams that never win anything so they don't have anything to be fired up about, I dunno.  If it was a RULE, it wouldn't be happening.  Furthermore, one team usually is already off the field by the time the other comes out, or the other team just doesn't go out to the middle.  I've been to 20 years of games and I've never seen two teams fight in the middle of the field before the game.  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it depends on the situation.  if the team is gathering at the middle of the field only because it is the middle of the field, that's ok.  if they're gathering at the middle of the field, blatantly stamping and messing up the grass on the opponents' logo, that's going to be a problem. 

This is nothing more than a team mad because they took a beatdown on their own field so now they have to find a reason to down the other team. jealousy is a powerful thing I tell you. No two teams are going to meet at the middle of the field at the same time and start a confrontation. That's why one team comes out after the other. After Wo-s sees the other team start to run out, they leave the field and run to the sideline. it's bad sportmanship to make a thread about someone running to the middle of the field when you know the reason for the complaint is only because your still sore about the beating. I don't know many people that would even notice something like that. lol this is funny.

Guest maverick24

Jav its ok that you dont understand the  Class thing. If it wasn't a rule why do you think the one Ref told your team to go to the sideline. If you have never seen or heard of a fight at mid field you should pay more attention to News.

i say no big deal. football is getting soft and so is this "land of the free". i say stomp,spit,jump, whatever...

i remember ennis in the hay day would plant a flag in the middle if the field which was brought out by a player. that was cool. now i say the only people have no business doing it,is a team with a losing record!!! if you are a big bad team with tradition,you got the green light!!!

This is nothing more than a team mad because they took a beatdown on their own field so now they have to find a reason to down the other team. jealousy is a powerful thing I tell you. No two teams are going to meet at the middle of the field at the same time and start a confrontation. That's why one team comes out after the other. After Wo-s sees the other team start to run out, they leave the field and run to the sideline. it's bad sportmanship to make a thread about someone running to the middle of the field when you know the reason for the complaint is only because your still sore about the beating. I don't know many people that would even notice something like that. lol this is funny.

Exactly my thoughts tam....What a weird thing to post..and make a big deal out of.  I have never seen WOS try to stomp around and tear up someone's logo, nor have I ever seen another team try to do it to ours.  We go to the middle, jump up and down (usually on top of one another) then run to our sideline endzone area, kneel down and say a prayer before the game and after halftime.  Just don't see anything disrespectful about that.  I know the original poster didn't name names, but I am only commenting on WOS and what our players do.  They may not be talking about us.  Regardless, I don't see a prob with getting fired up in the middle of the field before a game.

Jav its ok that you dont understand the  Class thing. If it wasn't a rule why do you think the one Ref told your team to go to the sideline. If you have never seen or heard of a fight at mid field you should pay more attention to News.

Mav-for your information, I think WOS has a lot of class.  We have a team full of not just good kids, but GREAT kids.  They are well-mannered and disciplined. We don't play dirty.  Jumping up and down in the middle of the field is NOT a rule.  The refs might have done that at one game, but perhaps the coach from the other side told them that, I don't know.  If it WAS a rule, it wouldn't be done, EVER!  The officials would learn that and would most definitely enforce it against WOS.  Furthermore, how stupid is it to get all worked up over something like this?

I'm glad you seem to know so much about me. ::) ::) ::)  Did you notice that no team names were mentioned in the original post?  Did you notice that it was just a question and not stating an opinion either way?  I was just curious as to other people's opinions.  But again you know me sooooo well... ::)

Mav-for your information, I think WOS has a lot of class.  We have a team full of not just good kids, but GREAT kids.  They are well-mannered and disciplined. We don't play dirty.  Jumping up and down in the middle of the field is NOT a rule.  The refs might have done that at one game, but perhaps the coach from the other side told them that, I don't know.  If it WAS a rule, it wouldn't be done, EVER!  The officials would learn that and would most definitely enforce it against WOS.  Furthermore, how stupid is it to get all worked up over something like this?

Crybaby Jealousy. Before we know it, some people will be crying that our monument board at the end of the field has too many wins and acomplishments on it. They'll want us to cover it up so it doesnt scare their team. As a matter of fact, lets just take the WOS emblem off of our helmets so people wont know its us before we play them. :D

As I said this is nothing more than jealousy. Wo-s have been meeting at the middle of the field for as long as I can remember. It's not an intimidation thing...they are firing each other up. When they go to the middle of the field for the coin toss Wo-s usually sends one player out while other teams send about five. Is this bad sportsmanship? We don't get intimidated, so if you get intimidated by someone jumping up and down in the middle of the field...your weak.

I'm glad you seem to know so much about me. ::) ::) ::)  Did you notice that no team names were mentioned in the original post?  Did you notice that it was just a question and not stating an opinion either way?  I was just curious as to other people's opinions.  But again you know me sooooo well... ::)

Well looking at your name it's quite obvious your from Jasper and you just so happen to post this after playing Wo-s so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who your talking about. I didn't have to know you to know who you were talking about. Wo-s has been having to hear some kind of critisizm after playing just about every team this year, so it's obvious who you were talking about.

I find it interesting that (for the most part) only WOS posters have said that it's not big deal while most everyone else says it's disrespectful.  Coincidence?

And the argument that you should just show it on the field doesn't hold water.  We're supposed to be setting an example for these kids between right and wrong.  If it's wrong and disrespectful, then don't do it.

Guest maverick24

The UIL Rule says that ALL school personel should be off the field 6 min prior to Kickoff and stay off till kickoff time. It says that no less than 3 minn before the start of the game reps from both teams should meet with the Refs preferably on the field for a coin toss. It then tells that each team has 3-4 min to warm up in their ENDZONE before the second half. A rep from each team shall meet once again before the second half with the refs to show who is kicking and what direction. After said meeting teams will be allowed on the field but not before said meeting!

I find it interesting that (for the most part) only WOS posters have said that it's not big deal while most everyone else says it's disrespectful.  Coincidence?

And the argument that you should just show it on the field doesn't hold water.  We're supposed to be setting an example for these kids between right and wrong.  If it's wrong and disrespectful, then don't do it.

I find it interesting that only WOS people think it is not disrespectful, too.  Could it be because we have never considered it to be a "disrespectful act"?  We just run to the middle of the field.  Big friggin' deal. 

Well, we told you and others what we thought, then got criticized for thinking that way.  It's NOT a rule or it wouldn't be done.  Until it IS a rule, we probably aren't going to stop.  I dunno....I don't have any say so anyway.

The UIL Rule says that ALL school personel should be off the field 6 min prior to Kickoff and stay off till kickoff time. It says that no less than 3 minn before the start of the game reps from both teams should meet with the Refs preferably on the field for a coin toss. It then tells that each team has 3-4 min to warm up in their ENDZONE before the second half. A rep from each team shall meet once again before the second half with the refs to show who is kicking and what direction. After said meeting teams will be allowed on the field but not before said meeting!

This is getting rediculous.  ::)

Guest Orangeboy

Unneccessary. If you have to do this it can be done on your sideline. You don't have teams running out to a pitchers mound and jumping up and down before taking the field.

Wow---a REAL rule, huh?  I stand corrected.  Now, let's see how many teams OTHER THAN WOS run out onto the field, whether it be in the middle or not....the rule DOES say don't get on the field at all, doesn't it?  All of them should just run on the track after running through their tunnel.  Wait a minute...does Lumberton have a track around it's football field?  I can't remember.  And I am wondering, do the teams HAVE to warm up in an endzone before the second half?  Cause we don't warm up before the second half.  There we go, breaking the rule again.  AND, I seem to recall that both teams always come out in the same endzone....there MUST be a broken rule somewhere in there.  Why don't we call the "don't jump on someone else's field police?"

Unneccessary. If you have to do this it can be done on your sideline. You don't have teams running out to a pitchers mound and jumping up and down before taking the field.

And you dont hit a football with a bat. Apples to Oranges, nice try. Lets go for round 2 now.

And baseball players don't run through a tunnel either.  They are announced before the game and line up on the baseline in front of their dugout.  Apples and oranges.  I know, let's talk about basketball!!!!  I think they ALL run out and meet in the middle, regardless of what's on the floor.  Come on, guys.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298