Dayton at Nederland Predictions/BIG SCHOOL GAME OF THE WEEK!

Guest TravelingBandsman

Looks as is Bass will be back this week, too. After some of the back ups got some good work in last week against LCM, I see Nederland's running attack to be effective against Dayton. Dayton is sadly mistaken if they think they only have to cover one good receiver because there still is Brady and Broussard to think about. Gonna be a good one this Friday at the Dog House.

Nederland 28 -  Dayton 17

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks as is Bass will be back this week, too. After some of the back ups got some good work in last week against LCM, I see Nederland's running attack to be effective against Dayton. Dayton is sadly mistaken if they think they only have to cover one good receiver because there still is Brady and Broussard to think about. Gonna be a good one this Friday at the Dog House.

that's a fact. But I'm pretty sure our coaches and players have seen the tapes a time or two.

I did not know anybody said we had to cover only one reciever and unless I counted incorrectly there will be more than one DB on the field. Your passing game will not be effective--your only chance is to run the ball....Dayton wins 26-13---and that includes us being hosed by at least 7 pts.

Seeing tapes and actaully having to cover them are two totally different things!!!

I'm saying we are aware of how many good receivers they have and we are not underestimating any of them. Oh...I almost forgot. We've got some pretty decent receivers of our own.

Guest 87CRU79

After nursing a hip injury it does look like Cameron will be back this week. I don't really know what Dayton's strengths and weaknesses are, but after observing our teams the past couple of weeks, it seems as if we try to get the ball to Asa early and often. After Asa has scored, defenses tend to double cover him throughout the game and it opens lanes up for Brady and Broussard. I can't comment on the Dayton secondary but I know they are going to have their hands full.

Nederland 31 - Dayton 20

Its good to hear that Bass is back but i think works better for us this year is to use multiple backs in one game (meaning Bass,Breaux, and Roy getting playing time) i think the one thing that worries me the most that Dayton might do is the sweep around the ends which several teams has beat us on this year hopefully well get that under control on friday night and play an injury free game

Guest TravelingBandsman

Dayton isn't a team to just run the whole DB sqaud to whereever the ball flies to. Our's are very capable athletes in this field. They will probably put Smesney on Nederland's best receiver which appears to be Asa by what I'm hearing. The others will cover Brady and Broussard, but don't take the "others" lightly. They are very strong in their own respect.

Dayton isn't a team to just run the whole DB sqaud to whereever the ball flies to. Our's are very capable athletes in this field. They will probably put Smesney on Nederland's best receiver which appears to be Asa by what I'm hearing. The others will cover Brady and Broussard, but don't take the "others" lightly. They are very strong in their own respect.

After reconsidering I don't think Dayton has any "worthy" DBs---perhaps the O-line needs to go both ways and handle the secondary

Its good to hear that Bass is back but i think works better for us this year is to use multiple backs in one game (meaning Bass,Breaux, and Roy getting playing time) i think the one thing that worries me the most that Dayton might do is the sweep around the ends which several teams has beat us on this year hopefully well get that under control on friday night and play an injury free game

I think that Barrow has done a good job of rotating the players in and out at RB this year because each one has their stong areas. Bass (Sr., 5' 7'' 175) is great at draws, screens, and cathing out of the backfield, while Breaux is more of a straight-ahead, north/south runner (Sr., 6' 185). Roy (So., 5' 11'' 190) is strong and runs hard, while Salenga (Fr., 5' 5'' 140) can dart across the field and make people miss. The running back-by-committtee may serve us well in the coming weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how Barrow will utilize these players Friday, and how Dayton plans to stop it.

Honestly, I really don't think there is anyone in this district that can cover Asa, the moves he makes to get open are great, and the moves he makes after the catch are unbelievable, and as someone else stated ealier, they'll double cover him, and it will just get Broussard and Brady plenty of catches. I'm excited to see how are running game will look   8)

dayton has some playmakers in smesny and dugat.  if dayton plays 4 quarters of football and not have a let down, they can win the ballgame.  it is critical that they slow down cardenas,  u cant stop him but they have got to slow him down.  he's one of those guys nederland has every year that can kill you. its also a tough task to win in bulldog stadium. its noisy and very intimidating.  dayton is playing good football now and so is nederland, its just too close to call.  :o

GAME OF THE WEEK

DAYTON AT NEDERLAND

The Broncos travel to Nederland to take on the one loss Bulldogs. The best defense will win this game. Both teams run similar offenses, so what defense will step up and slow down the other team. The key stat of this game is points allowed in district (similar opponents). Nederland has allowed 95 points while Dayton has allowed only 21. This stat isn't even close and should close all debate on what team has the best defense. Dayton's defense will slow down the Bulldogs enough for the Bronco offense to score enough points to take this game. This game will not be a good memory for the Bulldogs. Losing twice at home to teams wearing purple and white won't settle easy on the stomach for the fans of black and gold. At least the Bulldogs won't have to listen to Cherokee every time the Broncos get a first down or score. This game will settle all debate, PURPLE AND WHITE ON A FIELD OF GREEN, THE PRETTIEST SIGHT YOU'VE EVER SEEN!

TOUPS GRAPHICS FEARLESS PREDICTION

BRONCOS 30 BULLDOGS 14

I like Dayton a whole lot more but I think we really need Nederland to win

Lumberton will be thanking a MidCounty school this week.  Once BigNed whips up on the Broncos and L-town takes care of business against LCM, the Raiders will FINALLY make the playoffs.  This is just like old times, both MidCounty schools in the playoffs representing one of the most powerful districts in the state.

Guest osue200

First -  Dayton #1 DB may be good but he has not faced Nederlands leading reciever

or should I say (22-4A leading reciever)

Second - As for 21 points allowed thats good but you haven't played Ned or PNG 

Ned by 7

Guest TravelingBandsman

I don't think Dayton's ability was hindered much from Cody's injury. Greg is proving to be a very capable replacement for this season, and our defense is better than ever. Greg's ability to cooperate well with the WR's and the RB are proving to be exemplary. Nederland can't take their mind off of this game for a second if they want to win.

First -  Dayton #1 DB may be good but he has not faced Nederlands leading reciever

Second - As for 21 points allowed thats good but you haven't played Ned or PNG     

Lets compare common opponents.

Nederland 35 LC-M 7

Dayton 49 LC-M 14

Nederland 28 Vidor 7

Dayton 33 Vidor 0

Nederland 31 Ozen 14

Dayton 33 Ozen 0

Nederland 40 Central 29

Dayton 20 Central 0

Nederland has the advantage in points allowed only in the LC-M game.

Dayton has three shut outs, Nederland none.  Getting a shut out at the varsity level isn't easy, and Dayton has done it for the hat trick.

Saying that Nederland's offense will go up and down the field and score, it just won't happen.  No one has done that in district play.  Dayton's defense wins this game.  I see the Bulldog's getting one or two touchdowns, and Dayton's offense a little more than that.

Guest 87CRU79

I completely understand your reasoning behind your statements, and yall pitched a couple of shutouts. But stats don't win games, and if games were played on paper, no one would have to suit up.

There is no question that this game is going to be competitive, but the team w/ the least amount of mistakes and turnovers is going to win the game.

I think that Dayton is going to have their hands full with Asa and Co., and that Nederland is going to need to be on full blast to move the ball.

Gonna be a good one on Friday!

Playoffs start this week!

I completely understand your reasoning behind your statements, and yall pitched a couple of shutouts. But stats don't win games, and if games were played on paper, no one would have to suit up.

There is no question that this game is going to be competitive, but the team w/ the least amount of mistakes and turnovers is going to win the game.

I think that Dayton is going to have their hands full with Asa and Co., and that Nederland is going to need to be on full blast to move the ball.

Gonna be a good one on Friday!

Playoffs start this week!

Playoffs start this week...

How true how true...

This should be one great ball game!

It is unfortunate that with the thrill of victory, there will be one team suffering the agony of defeat.  Hopefully both teams play the best they can, there are no controversial rulings, and in the end the team that plays the best wins.  Can't wait till Friday night.  The weather should be as spectacular as the game.  Will be a great night to experience Friday Night Lights.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83