BATTLED A JACK CREVALLE SATURDAY

we went put up our new duckblind saturday and whe we finished we fished a little due to the fact we had reds tailing accross the flat we were on.  made 2 drifts and on the second my partner hooks up with a easy 40pound jack. Talk about a beutiful show when it cratered the hula popper in 2ft of water. we chased and fought the sucker for prolly 25 minutes and lost him via tail whipping the line. FUn times. my partner just emailed me the mileage on the chase.

"The gps was on while we battled the jack. I just retraced the battle. We chased/fought that joker for 1.1 miles. What a hoot!  Jared did a fine job at the helm. The fish would take off for a pole or crab trap and Jared would get between the two and the fish would turn for a drag burning run in the other direction. Good times I tell ya. " 

yeah the only thing i use em for is chunking for tuna......My patnea just mainly wanted his hula popper back and of course some good pics and a sturdy fight.  funny you mention that cus when iwas getting my license some guys in front me inline weretalking about the yellowfin tuna they caught at rollover pass........bwahahaha....i didn't have the heart to telllem it was a jack or even ask if they tried to eat it.

Everyone needs to catch 1, I've caught 3 and hope I dont EVER catch another especially when your on fish, you will have to sit down awhile. They go in the class with Sharks n Kings >>Ive caught them and really don't care to catch another.

.........eating quality ummm let's see, i think i'd try a hardhead first. 

I'll bet the first guy that ate a raw oyster was hungry and had the choice between a raw oyster and a jack. He obviously made the choice for the slimy oyster.

yeah the only thing i use em for is chunking for tuna......My patnea just mainly wanted his hula popper back and of course some good pics and a sturdy fight.   funny you mention that cus when iwas getting my license some guys in front me inline weretalking about the yellowfin tuna they caught at rollover pass........bwahahaha....i didn't have the heart to telllem it was a jack or even ask if they tried to eat it.

if tuna is the "chicken of the sea", then jacks are the skunks

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124