Who has the most unique stadium in Southeast texas?

Guest Wildcat 08

Guest Wildcat 08

Who has the most unique stadium in Southeasteast texas? There are so many different designs out there, what do ya'll think? I personally like Chester ISD field. It is old with only one side of bleachers and the visitor's side has woods behind it. There is also a highway right behind the scoreboard...not the nicest, but one of the coolest.

The all look pretty much the same (except size) to me other than WO-S with their concrete stands and Silsbee with the home stands in a hillside.

I guess you could toss in Ozen that plays at Lamar with their bowl shaped stadium. That is not a true high school stadium but a loaner.

Guest WeedBegone

Lamar University--

Invisible press-box

Refinery back-drop

College Atmosphere

Romantic lighting underneath

Over shadowed by a Basketball stadium

Rarely used

Plenty of parking

Antique rotten stadium seats

Home and Visiting teams are never the home nor visiting team.

For reservations call anywhere except Lamar. :( :(

Lamar University--

Invisible press-box

Refinery back-drop

College Atmosphere

Romantic lighting underneath

Over shadowed by a Basketball stadium

Rarely used

Plenty of parking

Antique rotten stadium seats

Home and Visiting teams are never the home nor visiting team.

For reservations call anywhere except Lamar. :( :(

Lets add...

The aroma of a sulphuric acid plant mixed with Seaport Coffee.

As for the topic...

Silsbee's stadium design is tops over here...

Next year, if the pictures become reality, the Reservation will be the premiere football stadium in all of East Texas.

Guest FPHS 78

Lets add...

The aroma of a sulphuric acid plant mixed with Seaport Coffee.

As for the topic...

Silsbee's stadium design is tops over here...

Next year, if the pictures become reality, the Reservation will be the premiere football stadium in all of East Texas.

not sure if anyone from port neches oughta make refinery smell comments

not sure if anyone from port neches oughta make refinery smell comments

As a PN-G grad...

Whatever the Old Neches Butane refinery is now (I think it's Huntsman) has no where near the effect on the nasal senses as the worlds largest sulfuric acid plant located across the tracks from Cardinal Stadium.  Leaving Lamar at night sometimes the sulfur odor was to the point of being unbearable.

Guest WeedBegone

As a PN-G grad...

Whatever the Old Neches Butane refinery is now (I think it's Huntsman) has no where near the effect on the nasal senses as the worlds largest sulfuric acid plant located across the tracks from Cardinal Stadium.  Leaving Lamar at night sometimes the sulfur odor was to the point of being unbearable.

But on the positive side--Cardinal Stadium was a great place to take a date back in the college days.  You could pass gas and she never knew it. ;D

Silsbee has the most unique stadium, which is really cool, but also the worst parking situation by a long shot. Five billion parking areas that converge into one way out. It took us two hours to get out of there last time.

I will agree with you on this. I was a little upset over the parking as well. Behind the visiting stands is a

parking lot for supposedly adminstators and the Handicapped. The parking lot has at least 200 hundred parking

spaces with only a third being used and still they made us park in the back parking lot a few hundred yards away. I

could see not letting people in there at the first of the game, but come on at half time and the parking lot is only

1/3 full you could let others park there. My Brother had a confrontation with the local Police because he tried to park there, he argued the same fact and still they would not let him.

Guest whoabroncos09

Worst parking award goes to Vidor's stadium.  I have yet to have seen the parking lot.

yes.

it took us FOREVER to get out last year when we played there.

nad then las thursday when our fish and jv played there the traffic was HORRIBLE!

i hated trying to get out.

Silsbee stadium the best but the parking is horrible. What they could do is have the car dealer on the hill move all his cars and trucks to the walmart parking lot on Fridays and park fans at the dealership. Anyone wanting to shop at walmart can park somewhere in the woods. Nothing but Chinese junk in the store anyway :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

silsbee does have a nice stadium, but they better watch out cause i think the new highschool is slowly creeping down that hill and may make its way to the fifty :D :D :D, i love lumbertons field, lots of seats, and i am a former bulldog and i loved walking into the dawg house, with all the limestone at the gates its small but it looks good lol

The all look pretty much the same (except size) to me other than WO-S with their concrete stands and Silsbee with the home stands in a hillside.

I guess you could toss in Ozen that plays at Lamar with their bowl shaped stadium. That is not a true high school stadium but a loaner.

I still cant believe Silsbee's stands even with the little horseshoe is not bigger than the Dan R Hooks stadium

I still cant believe Silsbee's stands even with the little horseshoe is not bigger than the Dan R Hooks stadium

The stands(WOS) were built while they were the West Orange Cheifs(a 3A school). Im not sure why they made the stadium so large unless they forseen a merger with Stark and 5A on the horizon. ??? The stands are great, and you have the most foot room in the area. ;) If the bond would pass, then the seats would probably be buckets for the reserved section. Alteast I think so. I brought some of my friends down fro Lafayette a year or two ago to play a softball tournament in Beaumont. I decided to bring them by the stadium. They were amazed at the size.He asked me how many thousands of students went to WOS....I just laughed. I told him about 1000 minus 350. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami