**Mid County Madness/PN-G WINS 28-16 Final/Comments**

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off congrats to Port Neches now my thoughts on the game 1st off got to say Jake Hemmings is a beast its amazing PNG didnt run him more earlier in the season as my as my bulldogs go im just not sold on the offense this is the second week in a row that we havent had a td in the second half offense needs to get it together (along with the running game) or teams will sneak up on us

Why does PN-G always have Nederlands NO.  Congrats to the Indians

This is the first time png has won in 4 years, not exactly have our number.

Good game indians, you stuck to your game plan.

Too many fumbles early and poor play calling in the end killed us.

We were able to run in the first half and then just quit in the 2nd.  Then we wanted to run in the red zone.

Does that make sense?

This is the first time png has won in 4 years, not exactly have our number.

Good game indians, you stuck to your game plan.

Too many fumbles early and poor play calling in the end killed us.

We were able to run in the first half and then just quit in the 2nd.  Then we wanted to run in the red zone.

Does that make sense?

Let me say it another way. When Sullivan was your QB, I went to see yall play WO-S. You all ran through the Stangs. I thought yall was unstoppable that year. PN-G beat yall that year to. This year I saw PN-G and I saw Ned. Both twice. I meant when I was so sure Ned would win. Just proves you never know. Congrats to both teams.

Let me say it another way. When Sullivan was your QB, I went to see yall play WO-S. You all ran through the Stangs. I thought yall was unstoppable that year. This year I saw PN-G and I saw Ned. Both twice. I meant when I was so sure Ned would win. Just proves you never know. Congrats to both teams.

Thats why its a rivalry game.

Too many turnovers for us  :'(

Indians aren't what I expected...

After the first Nederland score I was thinking just keep it coming with Bellows and Asa.

PN-G has a pretty good D, and good running offense...

Hemmings is big, I forgot his name but number 9 is quick.

Looked like Nederland just gave up....

Can't wait for revenge next year hopefully!! Good game neighbors  8)

Gotta say, those defensive coaches were just AWESOME tonight.  PNG got burned on a few plays right off, but overall, the defense was the difference.  They never got the sack (not counting the intentional grounding), but they sure roughed the poor kid up enough to make him hurry his passes and took the scramble out of him.

I do have a question though, while I was in the ridiculous line at the concession stand, PNG was called for "delay of game" while on DEFENSE!!!  Can someone please explain what happened that can draw that penaly on defense?  I didn't know it was possible on D.

Overall, a real battle, as expected, with some real excitement in the stands too.

I also thought I heard the sounds of Cherokee playing while videoing the Broncos game.  Just wondering...

Was the PN-G celebration on the field after the game put on the new jumbotron? :o

WAY TO GO INDIANS!

Take it to the L-Train next week!

Naw they turned off the jumbotron pretty quickly, i got a picture of it before they turned it off, It felt good to storm the field

The call was bogus. Nederland snapped the ball and the side judge threw a flag. The umpire never blew his whitsle are never waived his arms from what I saw. #85 intercepted the pass and kind of stood there. The coaches were hollering for him to run and he took off towards the end zone. He had no idea the play was whistled dead. He was just doing what his coaches told him. The back judge threw a flag for delay of game which negated a Ned penalty and they got to replay the down.

I think Jacob Broussard, #41, played the game of his life out there. we was all over his receiver. made some great tackles, had a INT, and had a few knockdowns.

Jacob Broussard for Defensive Player of the Week!

and on that "penalty call"

Broussard and the receiver he was covering were talking smack to each other all night. it was more of the receiver talking alot to Broussard but the one time that Broussard talks back they call it. a little bias i thought. but we still came up with a win!

GO INDIANS!

3 things about PNG:

1. Their defense is quick

2. the pitch was very effective tonight

3. Hemmings is a beast

The only play I didn't like was when Nederland was driving in the 4th quarter I believe and it was a jump ball and called a pick by PNG. I was on that end of the field and to me it looked like the Ned reciever had better posession, but that call could have gone either way. Congrats to the Indians. Good luck next week.

Scoring summary

NED -- Kirby Bellow 6-yard pass to Asa Cardenas. PAT Kick ( Taylor Trahan ), 00:32, 1st.

PNG -- Harrison Tatum 1-yard run. PAT Kick ( Mason English ), 07:35, 2nd.

PNG -- Jacob Hemmings 5-yard run. PAT Kick ( Mason English ), 03:50, 2nd.

NED -- Kirby Bellow 11-yard pass to Asa Cardenas. PAT Failed kick ( ), 00:37, 2nd.

NED -- Taylor Trahan 33-yard field goal, 09:52, 3rd.

PNG -- Jacob Hemmings 36-yard run. PAT Kick ( Mason English ), 07:59, 3rd.

PNG -- Harrison Tatum 20-yard pass to Zeke Schexneider. PAT Kick ( Mason English ), 04:06, 3rd.

Game Notables and Highlights

PN-G ties the game with 7:35 left in the first half, then takes the lead at the 3:50 mark.

Team Stats

Port Neches-Groves    Nederland

Total yards                            334                  337

First downs                              16                    18

Rushes/Yds                          42/231                21/70

Average rush                          5.5                    3.33

Comp/Atts                              5/12                  23/47

Pass yards                              103                  267

Comp pct                              41.67                48.94

Punts                                      4                      4

Punting Yards                          112                    109

Punting Average                      28                    27.25

Fumbles/Lost                          2/1                    3/2

Penalties-yards                      6-44                  7-62

3 things about PNG:

3. Hemmings is a beast

The only play I didn't like was when Nederland was driving in the 4th quarter I believe and it was a jump ball and called a pick by PNG. I was on that end of the field and to me it looked like the Ned reciever had better posession, but that call could have gone either way. Congrats to the Indians. Good luck next week.

No way our reciever picked up youre guy while holding onto the ball, but thats the past now on to L-town

Ya know, after all the ugliness that has been directed at coach MB on the png message board over the last several weeks I think you guys that have been threatening his job over there really need to go to him personally and offer him and his staff a man to man, eye to eye apology. From week zero I dont think there was EVER a doubt that this PNG team was going to do well this season.  For the first time in several years he has got some really good talent to work with and just like he has always done when he has talent, he is kicking peoples butts.

Look as far as last nights game we were obviously just a whistle stop on the way to the playoffs for the PNG-train.

PNG is a better football team than Nederland, I think that is an indesputable fact, and frankly it did not surprise me. You could see the potential back in zero week when the PNG faithful were ready to run their coach out on a rail.

The bottom line last night was that the stats looked close but you could see that our defense could not stop their offense from the word GO. We struggled for every inch we took. PNGs offense took yardage by force, they were not going to be denied and there was never a doubt in my mind each time they got the ball that the Dogs were going to be pushed right out of the back of the end zone. Conversely, PNGs defense was extremely well prepared to defend our passing game. The secondary was in pefect position all night. I must say this just shows how easy this spread offense is going to be to defend by good teams when you really dont have a serious run threat in the back field to keep the defensive line and linebackers honest.

It was really interesting to watch the teams go out at halftime, and it really told the tale. The score was essentially tied (14-13) but as the clock struck zero, PNGs players joyfully celebrated as the half ended and Nederland looked defeated and tired. It was obvious that it took all that the Dogs had to get to the half in a tie, and PNG made it look easy. I am not saying thats a bad thing, it just really was an interesting and very clear  snapshot of where the teams were.

I dont this this game exposes any significant weaknesses in Ned other than the afforementioned, but I think that it exposed just how powerful PNG really is on both sides of the ball. Its going to take a heck of a team to stop them.

Good Luck PNG and Nederland, lets go earn a playoff spot.  :)

3 things about PNG:

3. Hemmings is a beast

Tie goes to the receiver. It was a bad call, but it did not matter. PNG was going to win either way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476