**Mid County Madness/PN-G WINS 28-16 Final/Comments**

On Broussard INT he had inside position. The Ned WR came over him on the way down and got his hands on the ball. The play happened where there backs were to the Ned sideline. Hard for a Ned fan to say he saw it clearly.

It was a dead ball.   The kid should have payed attention to the refs not the coaches.

Do you think he was not paying attention? Do you think he ran just to be cute? The head ump had no idea what was going on. He was not blowing his whistle. That was a bull crap call. You see it every week where someone thinks a sideways pass could be a fumble and they pick it up and run. Is it called. No. That was the same thing last night. The umps were lost and had no idea what was going on.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, after all the ugliness that has been directed at coach MB on the png message board over the last several weeks I think you guys that have been threatening his job over there really need to go to him personally and offer him and his staff a man to man, eye to eye apology. From week zero I dont think there was EVER a doubt that this PNG team was going to do well this season.  For the first time in several years he has got some really good talent to work with and just like he has always done when he has talent, he is kicking peoples butts.

Look as far as last nights game we were obviously just a whistle stop on the way to the playoffs for the PNG-train.

PNG is a better football team than Nederland, I think that is an indesputable fact, and frankly it did not surprise me. You could see the potential back in zero week when the PNG faithful were ready to run their coach out on a rail.

The bottom line last night was that the stats looked close but you could see that our defense could not stop their offense from the word GO. We struggled for every inch we took. PNGs offense took yardage by force, they were not going to be denied and there was never a doubt in my mind each time they got the ball that the Dogs were going to be pushed right out of the back of the end zone. Conversely, PNGs defense was extremely well prepared to defend our passing game. The secondary was in pefect position all night. I must say this just shows how easy this spread offense is going to be to defend by good teams when you really dont have a serious run threat in the back field to keep the defensive line and linebackers honest.

It was really interesting to watch the teams go out at halftime, and it really told the tale. The score was essentially tied (14-13) but as the clock struck zero, PNGs players joyfully celebrated as the half ended and Nederland looked defeated and tired. It was obvious that it took all that the Dogs had to get to the half in a tie, and PNG made it look easy. I am not saying thats a bad thing, it just really was an interesting and very clear  snapshot of where the teams were.

I dont this this game exposes any significant weaknesses in Ned other than the afforementioned, but I think that it exposed just how powerful PNG really is on both sides of the ball. Its going to take a heck of a team to stop them.

Good Luck PNG and Nederland, lets go earn a playoff spot.  :)

I can't say that I totally agree with your post. The better team won LAST night. I do not, however, remember us making as many turnovers and special team blunders as last night. I see the game a lot different than most I guess. I thought Wright was what killed us, getting around the corner several times, not Hemmings. I thought we did a good job on Hemmings other than the 35 yarder up the gut for TD. Also, the PN-G is good, but the passing game was still effective. We threw for 267 yards. Kirby was 13-17 at the half. He was 10-30 in the 2nd half and that was after he was limping noticably. #41 had a great game at corner for them. They should have put him on Asa. That would have been a good matchup. The difference in the game is that PN-G really took it to us on both lines. I knew the fact that we don't run the ball well would eventually catch up to us. Hats off to PN-G, they deserved the win last night and this is shaping up to be a great district race.

I think we threw the ball very well, 267, 2TDs with no garbage time yards is pretty dang good.  We came out after half and took it down and went ahead, so I'd say we were ready to play coming out of the lockerroom.  I think you said it best Mike, they just out bigged us up front on both lines.  That was the story.  Sometimes, that's just the way it is... too bad they abandoned the spread.  As for our spread O, I think it is very effective and just getting cranking.  So far, it has been slowed down but not stopped.  Issue could be like you say without a dominant running game, inside the 20's we have to pass more than most would like.

No if's, and's, or but's about it - PNG beat Ned in all pahses of the game last night and didn't leave a shadow of a doubt as to who the better team was.  I saw the same thing in Week 0 that Mike did - PNG's defense is stout & Hemmings is a bull!  Congrats to the Indians on the win, you deserved it!  Best of luck next week against Lumberton.  

i just wanna know....was there anything nice about how we played tongiht???  (PNG)  like the newspaper said   png is just to nice to play nederland so hey Tom H.  are we to nice??

play ball....ya'll keep that "nice" play up. You guys were physical. Once again you stepped on O and D. Good game. Who is #77 and what grade is he in. He is a big guy.

Hey png congrats on a big win great run game and tough defence. Also perfect use of the dreaded chop block most of neds d-line went home with ice on there knees and are questionable for next week you most be so proud.

Most Ned fans lost with honor.  Apparently, not all are as gracious ::)

A win is a win a loss is a loss and the truth is the truth weather you like it or not.

what a loser. same old barking. back up what you are saying instead of just crying. I thought ya'll did enough of that on the Ned board.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

ps the "weather" had nothing to do it with it.

Great game by PN-G. They looked like they wanted it more and they took it. It could not be more obvious than the goal line stand with a couple of minutes left in the game. Nederland had 4 shots at a touchdown starting at the 4 yard line. PN-G players rose to the occasion and for all practical purposes, ended the game.

Thank you Ned fans. Both teams played well. It was a great game and I am pulling for ya'll from here on out. I do not mean to lash out but I have already read enough about us disrespecting the field by celebrating and how PN-G people were scum. Now our players are being labeled cheats. It is time to move on and cheer on our teams for next weeks opponent.

Ya know, after all the ugliness that has been directed at coach MB on the png message board over the last several weeks I think you guys that have been threatening his job over there really need to go to him personally and offer him and his staff a man to man, eye to eye apology. From week zero I dont think there was EVER a doubt that this PNG team was going to do well this season.  For the first time in several years he has got some really good talent to work with and just like he has always done when he has talent, he is kicking peoples butts.

Look as far as last nights game we were obviously just a whistle stop on the way to the playoffs for the PNG-train.

PNG is a better football team than Nederland, I think that is an indesputable fact, and frankly it did not surprise me. You could see the potential back in zero week when the PNG faithful were ready to run their coach out on a rail.

The bottom line last night was that the stats looked close but you could see that our defense could not stop their offense from the word GO. We struggled for every inch we took. PNGs offense took yardage by force, they were not going to be denied and there was never a doubt in my mind each time they got the ball that the Dogs were going to be pushed right out of the back of the end zone. Conversely, PNGs defense was extremely well prepared to defend our passing game. The secondary was in pefect position all night. I must say this just shows how easy this spread offense is going to be to defend by good teams when you really dont have a serious run threat in the back field to keep the defensive line and linebackers honest.

It was really interesting to watch the teams go out at halftime, and it really told the tale. The score was essentially tied (14-13) but as the clock struck zero, PNGs players joyfully celebrated as the half ended and Nederland looked defeated and tired. It was obvious that it took all that the Dogs had to get to the half in a tie, and PNG made it look easy. I am not saying thats a bad thing, it just really was an interesting and very clear  snapshot of where the teams were.

I dont this this game exposes any significant weaknesses in Ned other than the afforementioned, but I think that it exposed just how powerful PNG really is on both sides of the ball. Its going to take a heck of a team to stop them.

Good Luck PNG and Nederland, lets go earn a playoff spot.  :)

One thing people don't know is Burnett also coaches the secondary. He done one hell of a job. Don't listen to the boo birds on pngs site,

Rivalry game. Emotions run high, especially for HS teams. I did not see the celebration, but who cares. It is a bunch of kids. They were excited after winning the game and have every right to celebrate. There was a LOT of trash talking going on in this years game by BOTH teams.

Wow, I bet that was a great game to attend. I am not poking to much fun at Nederland because I have

some good friends from there however I must reminice something that was said on Smack Attack. Caller

to the radio host (can not remember names) making reference to how PNG "lit up" the new score board.

Now that was funny I don't care who you are. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83