Lamar trivia question

Guest abovetherim

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

You are correct. It's from 2005 so there are some changes but I know B.B. Davis eyes opened wide when I handed him the list of guys with 2,000 pts and 1,000 rbs. He is a really nice guy!

A check of the USL records shows Bo Lamar scored 3493 from 1970-1973 which would rank him 2nd behind Pistol Pete.  :o  What is the story behind Bo Lamar.  My dad said he was awesome to watch.  He played in the ABA and did pretty well but does anyone know if he got hurt?  He only played a couple of seasons.  Also the USL Media Guide says that he played in the college and university division.  I bet the college division results don't allow him to qualify.

Guest abovetherim

Good job there YoungLUFan, it was David Jones with .429 percentage on his 3-pt attempts.

Next trivia question: Who holds the most made Free Throws in a career? I'm speaking of a former Lamar Men's Basketball player.

Guest abovetherim

Tamara Abalde, a 6-2 small forward from Vigo, Spain, is sure to impact the program and the Southland Conference upon her arrival. A member of the Spanish National Team, Abalde provides size on the perimeter and versatility. Abalde, ranked No.? overall by the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report, was a vital component to the success of Spain finishing 4th in the 19U European Championships held in Slovakia during the summer.

The trivia question is, what was Tamara's post-summer ranking by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report?

Guest abovetherim

Sorry NewCardinal. Cat22 knows Lamar Ladies Basketball and is correct with the answer. Next question should be easy. What SLC team has the most football conference championships.

I'll ask one, who has the most SLC men's basketball conference championships?

I should say that Lamar has the most, but something tells me that during there SLC break Northeast Louisiana has the most, now commonly referred to as UL-Monroe, but they won them as Northeast.

I should say that Lamar has the most, but something tells me that during there SLC break Northeast Louisiana has the most, now commonly referred to as UL-Monroe, but they won them as Northeast.

Lamar has 8, UL-M has 7.

I've got two questions:

Who was the last Lamar player to lead the nation in an NCAA-recognized statistical category?  What was the category?  And what year?

Lamar owns the 22nd-largest margin of victory in NCAA Division I history.  Lamar beat their Southland opponent by 69 points.  Who was the opponent?

Guest abovetherim

Lamar has 8, UL-M has 7.

I've got two questions:

Who was the last Lamar player to lead the nation in an NCAA-recognized statistical category?  What was the category?  And what year?

Lamar owns the 22nd-largest margin of victory in NCAA Division I history.  Lamar beat their Southland opponent by 69 points.  Who was the opponent?

Good job there weslinder. You are correct Lamar has the most titles.

1. Matt Sunblad - FT shooting percentage - 1997/98

2. SHSU  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124