139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• West Orange-Stark
    • Kirbyville

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, okay.  Sorry.  You only get one mark in the win column when you win no matter the score.  Even when you're not as good as you once were by beating a team you USED to hang 50 or 60 on by having to struggle for three quarters THIS SEASON against the same type of poor non-playoff team.  Crystal clear now.  

The poor, non-playoff team that beat Liberty by the exact same margin as Kirbyville (and allowed fewer yards)? Yeah, some miscues and poor execution really dimmed our scoring. Our offense is young and raw, but our defense is better than last year. Last year, we allowed fewer than 10 points per game. This year we're allowing just over 9. We may not blow everyone out like last year, but now that we're playing non-4A schools, our D should shape up even more. If we can hold teams that low, we don't have to be a juggernaut on offense. In 2000, we could hardly score and ended up in the state title game (despite being as outmanned in 4A size-wise as Kville is in 3A) thanks to a DOMINANT defense.

Last Friday Night:

Start of the 4th Quarter at Dan Ray Hooks Stadium last Friday versus Hamshire-Fannett:

Longhorns - 7

Mustangs - 14

Wow!  Impressive!

See, now I understand. We have differing opinions on this game because we count the score at the END of the game, while you count it at the start of the fourth. Now it makes sense. By our standards, look at the END of the fourth:

WO-S 34

HF 7 (shoulda been 0, but oh well)

as compared to:

Kirbyville 21

Jasper 6

That's a HF team giving up 19 points per game and scoring 28 (versus 34/7 from WO-S) and a 1-3 Jasper team that was giving up 25 points per game before last week, when Kville scored UNDER the average that their D allows.

IMPRESSIVE!

see 92, that doesnt matter to the kville people... when you present them with the facts and numbers they dispute it, the only thing that matters to them is their lame a$$ opinions that really hold no substance. everything they spew can never be backed up! they need to realize the pain thats coming to little ol kville on friday night,but the sad part is theyre to ignorant to understand.  :'(

Ok, I have sat back long enough!  PLEASE don't refer to all Kville fans as they!  If you want to point them out, then call those people out!  Those people don't represent the entire fan base if Kville; they can only tarnish it!!!  I am a Cat fan and have not uttered a word about kville DEFINATLY winning this game!  Any one with common sense knows that this game is too close to call!  On both sides!  I hope that both teams are ready because it will be a fight til the end!  I will be there rooting on the Cats until the end WIN or LOSE!!!  I do believe that the Cats know that they will win this game as do the Stangs!!!  That is what's going to make this game so good!!!

Ok, I have sat back long enough!  PLEASE don't refer to all Kville fans as they!  If you want to point them out, then call those people out!  Those people don't represent the entire fan base if Kville; they can only tarnish it!!!   I am a Cat fan and have not uttered a word about kville DEFINATLY winning this game!  Any one with common sense knows that this game is too close to call!  On both sides!  I hope that both teams are ready because it will be a fight til the end!  I will be there rooting on the Cats until the end WIN or LOSE!!!  I do believe that the Cats know that they will win this game as do the Stangs!!!  That is what's going to make this game so good!!!

its about time you chimed in sent youve sat back lonnnnnnng enough. :-X

when i say "they" im talking about the folks from kville who have posted, i dont think i ever said everyone in kville, unless your population is like 6 or 7 which is a really good possibility. so get your little panties out of a wad and sit back down.

Ok, I have sat back long enough!  PLEASE don't refer to all Kville fans as they!  If you want to point them out, then call those people out!  Those people don't represent the entire fan base if Kville; they can only tarnish it!!!   I am a Cat fan and have not uttered a word about kville DEFINATLY winning this game!  Any one with common sense knows that this game is too close to call!  On both sides!  I hope that both teams are ready because it will be a fight til the end!  I will be there rooting on the Cats until the end WIN or LOSE!!!  I do believe that the Cats know that they will win this game as do the Stangs!!!  That is what's going to make this game so good!!!

Look, when several Kville fans post and I refer to them, the only appropriate pronoun is "they." I'd prefer to not replace each and every "they" with "those select kville fans predicting a blowout." That would be tedious.

I think most Stang fans also know this will be a close game that can go either way.

Yall saying yall defense is suppose to be so good. Kirbyville has alot of speed on defense so watchout because we are pounding rbs that dare to run. #18, #24 & #20 better bring their "A game" because we definely coming to play until the clock says zero in the 4th quarter. :o

We're not just "saying" anything. We've allowed less than 10 points per game, largely against good 4A schools. Kville is allowing 13 ppg against mostly losing 3A teams. The cats have allowed those teams to average 280 yards per game, compared to 203 yards per game given up by WO-S. The most points we've given up in a game was 15 to Bay City (who went on to beat Brenham). Kville has given up 20+ twice. The Mustangs held Bay City's ground game to 18 yards on 20 carries - thanks in large part to six sacks.

Kville has a stronger offense than our young group, but the WO-S D, to this point, is without a doubt the better of the two.

Let me say this one more time for the people here who dont seem to understand this comment! Last week our QB made some good improvment on his passing, "If this is the week that he gets his timing and loft on the ball down to where it should be, it could be very bad for the kats, if not then once again it will be a fight" It will come down to who has the least amount of turnovers and who really wants it. I believe in my stangs and after watching our QB throw a 50 yard pass that seemed to never get above 10 ft. off the ground, then bounce and roll to the dang high jump pit, Oh yeah this kid has a cannon!!! Kville better watch out because this loss could be the downfall of their season. I am very sure this game will be exciting, LETS GO STANGS!!! :o :o

Let me say this one more time for the people here who dont seem to understand this comment! Last week our QB made some good improvment on his passing, "If this is the week that he gets his timing and loft on the ball down to where it should be, it could be very bad for the kats, if not then once again it will be a fight" It will come down to who has the least amount of turnovers and who really wants it. I believe in my stangs and after watching our QB throw a 50 yard pass that seemed to never get above 10 ft. off the ground, then bounce and roll to the dang high jump pit, Oh yeah this kid has a cannon!!! Kville better watch out because this loss could be the downfall of their season. I am very sure this game will be exciting, LETS GO STANGS!!! :o :o

It was a little over 60 in the air, by our count.

Joe Kazmar from Kaz's Korner of the Orange County Record newspaper wrote something to this effect this summer after reading that Dave Campbell's Magazine picked Kirbyville over WOS in the district predictions:

"I don't know what they were thinking.  Any year WOS could send their JV team to beat Kirbyville's varsity."

Now that's some low-class smack talk! 

I actually have that paper right in front of me and Joe's prediction reads:

"This is the game the boys with Dave Campbell's magazine claims will cause the Mustangs to unsuccessfully defend their District 21-3A title.  This will not be a walk in the park for the Stangs....."

Sounds like he is taking them pretty serious to me.

*Oh I misread you..a paper this summer.  I was reading this weeks paper.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine