The Big suprise of last year was central soccer WILL THEY MAKE IT THIS YEAR?

old#Player

whatever the circumstances the central boys have to prove that it wasn't a fluke that they made it to the playoffs. Once they step on to the field they have to prove it and make a statement that they are one of the top teams and the area and that they deserved to be District Champs last year.

whatever the circumstances the central boys have to prove that it wasn't a fluke that they made it to the playoffs. Once they step on to the field they have to prove it and make a statement that they are one of the top teams and the area and that they deserved to be District Champs last year.

There's no doubt Central had a top notch team last year and they deserved all of the accolades that they received, but I think Lumberton were district champs last year.  I'm not sure what you mean here...

Guest Soccerfan

heard from a source that one or two of centrals returning players may be too old to compete in high school sports this year. Heard Hoarcio was 19 last year during the season which would make him too old to compete wouldnt it?

I too dont understand the previous post since Lumberton was the DC last year so how can u say they (central) deserved to be it when they were defeated by Lumberton and PNG tied them. had not they tied png then maybe you could say they deserved to be DCs. Thats like saying Michael Vick desevres to be the judge for the next Westminster Dog Show.

maybe they did tie with png and they did lose to Lumberton But what i meant was that for the great season that they had the Central Soccer boys deserved to be Champs. They played a great match to tie with png and play great against Lumberton. But what i mean to say in my previous post was that If they (CENTRAL) almost went undefeated they lost against the toughest teams in the area so if that happened against lumberton and png what will happen this year when vidor Nederland who might be returning with a tough team fill with freshman/sophomore who will have more experince in district      and Vidor who is also returning with a tough team with young players but knowing this teams and how they get prepared they might be a challenge.

Oh yea Central surprised me for sure last year.

I understand (I think) all the "ifs" and "deserves" but they were not DC's last year. They were very good team. But that last post made me dizzy .

Based on nothing other than "gut feeling", I think they we will finish 3rd or lower this year.

I believe Central will be very good this year, i play club with four of their players and they are all very good and play phenomenal together. another reason why they will be better this year is because last year one of there weaknesses was their defensive game and its inexperience. now with their returners the central D will have more experience and should be better.. I predict that Central will be in the championship game and hopefully will win it, ill be pulling for them....i also believe it will be Lumberton they play against, these two teams should have very good seasons...however im going to give nederland the wild card. i get to assist coaching some of the nederland sophmores on the weekends and they are very talented so maybe theyll be over the freshmen nerves this year and come out with a huge season, which would also be fun to see. Furthermore i hope all of these teams will be playing in the playoffs and hopefully advancing. that would be great for the area... i really wish kelly would get to play lumb. or central, but we do get to play nederland so that will be a fun game.... back on topic, Central will be good this season.. Good luck to them and all the other teams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder