Former TJ Coach Owens considering Henderson?

HENDERSON SUPT..."I'M VERY POSITIVE ABOUT OUR TIME TODAY WITH MIKE OWENS."

Henderson superintendent Tommy Alexander told me tonight he feels "very positive" about his all-day meeting with Tyler Lee head football coach Mike Owens.

Superintendent Alexander said Owens was able to meet with a lot of people, from the principal, curriculum people, and members of the HISD school board during his nearly ten-hours in Henderson.

Mr. Alexander continued to stress his school district has a school board meeting scheduled for Monday afternoon with every intention of subsmitting Coach Owens name as our next athletic director and head football coach.

Owens, who led Tyler Lee to the Class 5-A Division Two State Championship in 2004, has been the head coach at Lee since 1996.

Other quotes from superintendent Alexander...

"Coach Owens was able to get a good picture of the positives and weaknesses we have in our athletic department, and what needs to be done."

"Henderson I.S.D. represented itself very well today, we've done our best, we've done our job well, and now we'll just have to wait and see."

"There's a lot of speculation about the overall financial package we've offered Coach Owens, and although we've put together something that hope will bring him to Henderson, I think there's more to it than that. I think it could be the challenge of turning this program around, along with something here and there that he can do here in Henderson that he can't do with the system they have in Tyler."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder