Mid-County Madness 2020

Rez Ipsa

Looking at the Jacksonville film, I wasn't totally impressed.  Not a clean game at all. But showed prominence on both side of the ball.  Defense looked good.  RB's did great.  Hopefully 2 weeks of practice will eliminate some issues, like dropping the ball and interceptions.

15 hours ago, Stangfan#1 said:

This is going to be a real good game but I'm going to have to go with Nederland they have a pretty Good squad this year it's going to be a low scoring game 

Nederland 17

PNG 14

I think the game MIGHT start out slow, but it's hard to see this game not getting above thirty for both teams. 

With this game, a game that historically has tens of thousands of spectators, is there I plan in place to implement social distancing?  Mandatory masks/ face shield?  Will it even be enforced?  I’m asking because looking at a lot of high profile games across the state, the pandemic has been put in the back burner.  Crowds are congregating, ect.  

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

With this game, a game that historically has tens of thousands of spectators, is there I plan in place to implement social distancing?  Mandatory masks/ face shield?  Will it even be enforced?  I’m asking because looking at a lot of high profile games across the state, the pandemic has been put in the back burner.  Crowds are congregating, ect.  

I know. Finally. 

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Social distancing is , and has been implemented at all games. Why would you think this would be any different?

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Basically reminding folks...  the virus has NOT mysteriously disappeared or vanished like I heard someone say a few months back.  

You’re right. And it never will either. It’s a new reality. It’s how we let it affect us is what’s important. That’s why I’m glad it’s being “put on the back burner “ finally. 

1 minute ago, outanup said:

Social distancing is , and has been implemented at all games. Why would you think this would be any different?

Because of the sheer number of people expected to be at this particular game.  I’m banking that social distance will be an afterthought with more focus of atmosphere...

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re right. And it never will either. It’s a new reality. It’s how we let it affect us is what’s important. That’s why I’m glad it’s being “put on the back burner “ finally. 

False and false.  Is say more like a temporary reality.  People need to be safe for now in anticipation for the cure or vaccine.  

Anyway, this is a football thread, but r fan base is a part of this rivalry.  That’s why I brought it up.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Limited tickets.  That will work, but this highly anticipated game.  Makes me think some will want to bend the rules to benefit them.  

I was at a game yesterday morning where the two high school enrollments combined is less than 150 and wasn't much social distancing and mask wearing there.

I think most folks have grown tired of it all.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was at a game yesterday morning where the two high school enrollments combined is less than 150 and wasn't much social distancing and mask wearing there.

I think most folks have grown tired of it all.

That’s what I was talking about.  Seeing games, especially smaller schools, they’re like the heck with social distancing and mask wearing.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ And there’s a huge crowd expected at the MCM...

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

False and false.  Is say more like a temporary reality.  People need to be safe for now in anticipation for the cure or vaccine.  

Anyway, this is a football thread, but r fan base is a part of this rivalry.  That’s why I brought it up.  

Ok, we can call it temporary. That might be true. Might not be too. And it depends on what the definition of temporary means. 5 months, 5 years...who knows? Cure probably won’t ever happen. Just like the flu. I wear my mask at the games and try to sit away from people in the stands not in our family. I do that so they don’t stop the kids from playing. For that reason, I hope the MCM attendees do what’s asked. 

You know what’s really freakin ridiculous? The kids lining up 5 yards apart to “shake hands” after the game. They just had their bodies in a massive tangle with blood and sweat and spit being passed amongst one another, then at the end of the game, they have to march 5 yards apart and wave and be like, “Hey girl...”. Stupidity from above. Never ceases to amaze me. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Ok, we can call it temporary. That might be true. Might not be too. And it depends on what the definition of temporary means. 5 months, 5 years...who knows. Cure probably won’t ever happen. Just like the flu. I wear my mask at the games and try to sit away from people in the stands not in our family. I do they do they don’t stop the kids from playing. For that reason, I hope the MCM attendees do what’s asked. 

You know what’s really freakin ridiculous? The kids lining up 5 yards apart to “shake hands” after the game. They just had their bodies in a massive tangle with blood and sweat and spit being passed amongst one another, then at the end of the game, they have to march 5 yards apart and wave and be like, “Hey girl...”. Stupidity from above. Never ceases to amaze me. 

You’re right.  I’ve been scratching my head over that as well.  🤷🏾‍♂️