1-0 Carthage @ 4-0 Gilmer

lostaussie

Total offensive and defensive line domination by the Bulldogs. There skill kids are no better than ours........but their lines outweighed us by 40 to 50 lbs per man and we couldn't do anything with them. Tried to make a game of it in the 3rd but an int let the wind out of our sails trying to make it a one score game. After that it was all Carthage.  They have a great team. I just wish they were in D1. They are gonna be very very hard to beat in D2. 

8 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Total offensive and defensive line domination by the Bulldogs. There skill kids are no better than ours........but their lines outweighed us by 40 to 50 lbs per man and we couldn't do anything with them. Tried to make a game of it in the 3rd but an int let the wind out of our sails trying to make it a one score game. After that it was all Carthage.  They have a great team. I just wish they were in D1. They are gonna be very very hard to beat in D2. 

I watched them there first game against Kilgore. And ur absolutely 💯 right. To go alone with great coaching they dominate the line of scrimmage. I was telling someone that not only that they're deep on that dline. Rotate 6 guys.so if any team has a chance to beat them they will have to control the line of scrimmage against them  bcz they're huge up front. And they blitz alot.on most plays at least 6 guys are coming.

Plus, from what little I cover of them, they seem to be the king of halftime adjustments.   If you’re able to run on them in the first half, in the second half, come out throwing every down because that run ain’t there no more.   Almost seems like they’d have to go at least 5A (D1?) to find competition.