Anyone Suprised?

RedJollyRoger

On 8/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

Well, since I'm probably the lone Deweyville fan here, I will say this...My team looked really good last night. It will be a special year for the 'Ville. Someone please screenshot this so when we become famous I can be the "You heard it here first" guy. 🤣

Defense pitched a shutout...Offense ran the table. Absolutely, we know where we need to improve but that's the point of a scrimmage, after all. Our kids got to suit up and go and no school had a significant injury. 😊

They weren’t playing a powerhouse.  As a district doormat the past few years I won’t be saying they looked really good against them lol.

1 minute ago, RedJollyRoger said:

🤣  Sorry LC-M, that yours didn't go as well...yikes! 3-1 BC???

I wasn’t knocking deweyville. But different teams have different expectations. I didn’t go to the scrimmage and what I hear LCM isn’t any good. Doesn’t hurt my feelings. I knew they lost some key seniors. 

My apologies....I misunderstood, but you are exactly right. There are different expectations and there should be. This Forum isn't a D1 scouting tool or only for legacy powerhouses. We all love it when our local schools go deep in the playoffs or bring back a ring!  The majority of these kids aren't going D1, or D2 for that matter but it doesnt mean we dont get excited for a solid season, perhaps a District Championship with some kids that will never get another snap once they grab their diploma. Small school high school football is still high school football. The big school "D1" enthusiasts on here chuckle and are extremely quick to blow out others candles. When you have 18-20 kids TOTAL, your starters never step off the field...one injury potentially changes the outcome of the entire season. It's a much different animal once you drop below 3A ball. Oh well, Go Pirates!

5 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

My apologies....I misunderstood, but you are exactly right. There are different expectations and there should be. This Forum isn't a D1 scouting tool or only for legacy powerhouses. We all love it when our local schools go deep in the playoffs or bring back a ring!  The majority of these kids aren't going D1, or D2 for that matter but it doesnt mean we dont get excited for a solid season, perhaps a District Championship with some kids that will never get another snap once they grab their diploma. Small school high school football is still high school football. The big school "D1" enthusiasts on here chuckle and are extremely quick to blow out others candles. When you have 18-20 kids TOTAL, your starters never step off the field...one injury potentially changes the outcome of the entire season. It's a much different animal once you drop below 3A ball. Oh well, Go Pirates!

You said Deweyville looks good.  They only look good against even worse teams. A lot of 2A teams have small numbers and play iron man football.   No excuse.  

Who's making excuses???  Not me. I'm the first to give SA credit, y'all have a great football program. I mean Refugio is good as well, but obviously you know that. I am curious as to why SA (large 2A with good numbers) plays down in non-district every year?  Aren't there some really good teams in your own backyard to prepare you for a title? Let's see...Newton, WO-S, Jasper?  Oh wait, they're bigger than y'all with great programs also. Can't do that. A few losses might keep those Shelbyville kids from commuting over to your school to play. Good luck on your season!

21 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Who's making excuses???  Not me. I'm the first to give SA credit, y'all have a great football program. I mean Refugio is good as well, but obviously you know that. I am curious as to why SA (large 2A with good numbers) plays down in non-district every year?  Aren't there some really good teams in your own backyard to prepare you for a title? Let's see...Newton, WO-S, Jasper?  Oh wait, they're bigger than y'all with great programs also. Can't do that. A few losses might keep those Shelbyville kids from commuting over to your school to play. Good luck on your season!

You have a point. We are playing WOS and Carthage  

On 8/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

You can only book who wants to play you. Our coach tried to get Newton scheduled and it didn’t work.  There isn’t a single kid from Shelbyville playing in SA.  I wish we can play y’all this.  We need some glorified practice before the playoffs start.