Tobacco Companies get to legally Kill 480,000 people a year, But were worried about COVID-19

Realville

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The best steak house in orange is now closing a 4pm. Due to staffing shortages. $600/week for staying home is destroying small business.

Agreed, but some of the people collecting the $600 a week it’s actually a big cut in pay. Unemployment was authorized for self employed people too who normally wouldn’t be able to  collect unemployment that were making a lot more money than the $600 extra a week because  their business was gashed due to the lockdown measures.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s over now, isn’t it?

Yes, it ended 31 July but Trump signed an executive order to extend it because the Democrats want mail in voting or their not going to give the American people who are hurting relief by extending the original bill. The executive order is for $400 extra a week on top of the state’s unemployment amount.

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

Yes, it ended 31 July but Trump signed an executive order to extend it because the Democrats want mail in voting or their not going to give the American people who are hurting relief by extending the original bill. The executive order is for $400 extra a week on top of the state’s unemployment amount.

Yes, I was aware. I was just pointing out that the $600 a week was over. The federal unemployment portion was cut by a third. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Don’t start asking logical questions, that would make to much sense. I agree 100%!! When all the smoke clears people are going to see that the lockdown measures caused way more damage than the virus. That’s what pisses me Off! Lost businesses, lost jobs, lost lives due to depression , anxiety, drug addiction, alcoholism and fear of going to the hospital to treat a serious illness because of the virus thanks to the media. Lumberton Raider Fan Thank You for seeing thru the NONSENSE. If the mask work why not leave prisoners in prison an give them a mask!

Agree 100%, the toll that has been taken on this country by the shutdown , especially small businesses and the families that run them, is much worse than the covid imo.  And these are stats that will possibly never be recognized.

It amazes me that so many folks think it’s ok for a business to make the decision a mask be worn but don’t see a problem with other businesses not having the ability to make the decision to open their doors.