Forum Rules

jdawg03

No you just have to have a stronger opinion than anyone else's and be ready to lock threads, ban posters if they disagree and delete accounts.  In other words, judge and jury.  Are you ready for that?  There are good moderators and there are self titled ENFORCERS!!

This is a privately owned site paid for with private money. The owner of the site has chosen a few moderators to help police the site. In doing so the owner has laid down rules (in this very thread) for everyone and in private discussions, rules for the moderators doing their jobs.

This site is not a public service and is private. All rules and all moderators remain at the discretion of the owner. There is no right to freedom of speech on a private forum like this one. If a moderator starts deleting posts or banning members simply on a whim against the rules for moderators, that moderator will be removed by the owner.

From what I've seen on this board, the mods are VERY fair and patient with posters expressing their opinions and thoughts, even though at times the posts may appear to be "stretching the limits".  They do a fine job and don't lock threads unless it has gotten to the point of where it is about to get out of hand.  From personal experience, I've logged several posts a while back where the language was inappropriate and as a result, received  polite PM's from moderators reminding me of that rule. No hard feelings...no ban...no account deleted.  Just use common sense and be respectful of (not necessarily agreeing with) others opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

If people like what your saying they'll give you positive karma if they don't they'll give you negative.

You can't touch peoples karma till you have over 200 posts.

Note: anything negative said about Lumberton or PNG will earn you large amounts of negative karma.

If people like what your saying they'll give you positive karma if they don't they'll give you negative.

Note: anything negative said about Lumberton or PNG will earn you large amounts of negative karma.

If you really want your karma up....stay out of the locker room......its a war zone at times  ;D

If you really want your karma up....stay out of the locker room......its a war zone at times   ;D

Good advice hippy, sports is probably safe to stick to a safe topic.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rykerx144

JDawg  when i click on a profile name I get an error message that says you cant just look at anyones profile.  I was curious what that is about.  I asked COOP and he referred me to you.  Because I cant pull up the profile I cant email anyone so I had to try to get you this way. Thanks

JDawg  when i click on a profile name I get an error message that says you cant just look at anyones profile.  I was curious what that is about.  I asked COOP and he referred me to you.  Because I cant pull up the profile I cant email anyone so I had to try to get you this way. Thanks

You can PM them using the icons on their posts but I was wondering why all the profiles are private too.

• 2 months later...
[quote name="tvc184" post="581649" timestamp="1241329031"]
[quote author=Purple Haze link=topic=3.msg581585#msg581585 date=1241286128]

No you just have to have a stronger opinion than anyone else's and be ready to lock threads, ban posters if they disagree and delete accounts.  In other words, judge and jury.  Are you ready for that?  There are good moderators and there are self titled ENFORCERS!!
[/quote]

This is a privately owned site paid for with private money. The owner of the site has chosen a few moderators to help police the site. In doing so the owner has laid down rules (in this very thread) for everyone and in private discussions, rules for the moderators doing their jobs.

This site is not a public service and is private. All rules and all moderators remain at the discretion of the owner. There is no right to freedom of speech on a private forum like this one. If a moderator starts deleting posts or banning members simply on a whim against the rules for moderators, that moderator will be removed by the owner.
[/quote]

How do you get in touch with the owners?  A Moderator  has been banning folks for very trivial issues - claims there were multiple bashing PM's. No foul language, just reminding people what they said, after they had bashed folks! Very thin skin who is ruining this website and I would like to tell the owner about it. I was thinking about donating, but why?

[quote name="txcanes" post="716981" timestamp="1259092067"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=3.msg581649#msg581649 date=1241329031]
[quote author=Purple Haze link=topic=3.msg581585#msg581585 date=1241286128]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you get in touch with the owners?  A Moderator  has been banning folks for very trivial issues - claims there were multiple bashing PM's. No foul language, just reminding people what they said, after they had bashed folks! Very thin skin who is ruining this website and I would like to tell the owner about it. I was thinking about donating, but why?
[/quote]

Still have not had any contact?

• 1 month later...
[quote name="spoonbill" post="746932" timestamp="1264010942"]
isn't there anyway to get rid of these idiot kids that are kidnapping all of the threads of people trying to actually talk about sports?
[/quote]

That's funny.  Can you give examples?  Isn't it because of these "idiot kids" as to the reason we visit this board?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Bugler" post="823957" timestamp="1281333084"]
On other forums that I'm on, you are able to see who gave you a "+" or a "-" for your post. Is there such a feature here for the karma?
[/quote]

Dont think so......

If we had that feature, we would have to have a dedicated thread for arguments  ;D

• 5 months later...
I didnt know until i talked to adminbaberuth, whom i know very well, that i couldnt post my paragraph on the Athletes Sports Training(the new indoor facility with instruction, birthday parties, etc.)  I wrote you a personal message but you didnt respond, so just trying to reach you through here.  Is it ok if i post that once?  Ill pay if we have too, no biggie man, just didnt want to overstep any boundaries.  Maybe we can advertise for each other? just a thought....thanks a lot

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="830573" timestamp="1282748415"]
[quote author=Bugler link=topic=3.msg823957#msg823957 date=1281333084]
On other forums that I'm on, you are able to see who gave you a "+" or a "-" for your post. Is there such a feature here for the karma?
[/quote]

Dont think so......

If we had that feature, we would have to have a dedicated thread for arguments  ;D
[/quote]2932 post. 308 positive karmas. 169 negatives. Something is wrong here ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="962489" timestamp="1297119219"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=3.msg830573#msg830573 date=1282748415]
[quote author=Bugler link=topic=3.msg823957#msg823957 date=1281333084]
[/quote]

Dont think so......

[/quote]2932 post. 308 positive karmas. 169 negatives. Something is wrong here ::)
[/quote]

lol.......there is an art to posting.  Most of my negatives came my first few months I was here......it's not what you say but how you say it.......  ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest TX_RENEGADES
Can someone clarify rule #14............ NO ADVERTISING...............
  I had my topic pulled cause I was advertising my CUSTOM GLOVES, but there is people advertising their fall programs, and advertising their opening on teams. I think someone need to re-write that rule on what really they are not allowing as advertising? Also, breaking the rules.... There is a rule for rumors..... I think if you guys are deleting topics for rule breaking, you guys need to delete this entire WEB-SITE,.

[quote name="SETX_RENEGADES" post="1238972" timestamp="1343061008"]
  I had my topic pulled cause I was advertising my CUSTOM GLOVES, but there is people advertising their fall programs, and advertising their opening on teams. I think someone need to re-write that rule on what really they are not allowing as advertising? Also, breaking the rules.... There is a rule for rumors..... I think if you guys are deleting topics for rule breaking, you guys need to delete this entire WEB-SITE,.
[/quote]you might wanna get with Jordan (site owner) before posting your advertisements.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1238999" timestamp="1343063662"]
[quote author=SETX_RENEGADES link=topic=3.msg1238972#msg1238972 date=1343061008]
[/quote]you might wanna get with Jordan (site owner) before posting your advertisements.
[/quote]

Which is exactly what he was told a couple of days ago.  The deletion of said posts were brought about by several posters who repoted the post and complained.  Look we have costs here.  The site owner has just told us that those costs are going up as we are going to a new server to make sure that we can handle the traffic that is expected this upcoming season. 

Now why should you make money off of our site and not help the site with its cost.  There is no free advertising on here.

And by the way, putting the advertisement in your signature also violates rule 14.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Well, the ones who are upset by this are the same ones who can’t define a woman. There was another woman who everybody came down on for hunting. We are a nation of the offended.  
    • For what it’s worth, polling after this came out show her with an 81% disapproval rating.  Only 21% of republicans said she’d be a good choice for veep, and only 28% of self-identified “very conservative” voters said she’s a good option.  Bragging about killing a dog apparently resonates poorly across political affiliations.  
    • They don’t, and they won’t.  May not be an issue in South Dakota, but certainly is on the national stage.  Even my mother in law, who strictly watches OAN and thinks Trump is a great guy who’s never committed a crime in his life is completely disgusted by this.  I know about bad dogs, and don’t have an issue with what she did,  and I’m sure most of us on here agree.  But as is often this case, it’s not going to be our opinions that decide this election.  I thought she might be a valuable running mate that could bring in the female vote, but I’m hoping Trump has the sense to stay away from her now.  
    • I like the approach, here it is, if you don’t like it don’t vote for me, it’s refreshing to see the Ronald Reagan approach. Not every statement needs to be based on a perceived reaction from folks. Don’t think for a minute democrats didn’t have this knowledge, just not the right time to use it, remember Romney and the dog carrier, they knew.  
    • The year after he left DC spell had them boys physical… beat Roschon Johnson and the Indians at home. They were roughing him up all night long. 
  • Topics