jdawg03

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

out of curiosity, how does one become a moderator on here?

You must have over 1,000 posts, have positive karma and receive a nomination from at least 4 other moderators. Then you have to submit to an online interview that is reviewed by the owners of the site. If they agree for you to be a moderator, you send in your registration fees and once they are accepted, you can moderate.

If you believe any of that, I have some land to sell you also at the beach, just as soon as the tide goes out......

You must have over 1,000 posts, have positive karma and receive a nomination from at least 4 other moderators. Then you have to submit to an online interview that is reviewed by the owners of the site. If they agree for you to be a moderator, you send in your registration fees and once they are accepted, you can moderate.

If you believe any of that, I have some land to sell you also at the beach, just as soon as the tide goes out......

nope, i saw one moderator with only 200 or so posts... and why would i want your beach front property... from what i'm reading, scientists are saying if i'm patient my house in beaumont will be beachfront here pretty soon :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what is karma and why do some say +3/-2  and some  +45/-43??? and wut does it do

It does or means absolutely nothing. It is just people that either agree or disagree with a post you made or maybe they just like or dislike you. The (+) is people giving your applause and the (-) is people booing. Take it to mean what you want. Some people actually seem to be worried about their karma and others take their low rating as a badge of honor for being so obnoxious.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but i think the answer is this...

someone with +3/-2 has been applauded 3 times and smited 2 times.

someone with +45/-43 has been applauded 45 times and smited 43 times. 

The more you post, the more feedback you'll get, whether good or bad.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

How do you insert a web link in a post? I tried to copy and paste but the link would not open.

Thanks

Mat

Click on the little icon above that looks like this url.gif. Then when the window pops up, paste your link in that box and click OK. Then another box will pop up and you type the name that you want to use for the link. Click OK again.

• 3 months later...

Is it true to be a moderator you have to have 1,000 posts? bc i have a lot of inside info on track, band, and basketball, but I dont't know if that means anything to help the sight. I know I won't have 1,000 posts any time soon, so if you have to have it to be a moderator, then i'm out of luck.

Guest True playa

Is it true to be a moderator you have to have 1,000 posts? bc i have a lot of inside info on track, band, and basketball, but I dont't know if that means anything to help the sight. I know I won't have 1,000 posts any time soon, so if you have to have it to be a moderator, then i'm out of luck.

No you just have to have a stronger opinion than anyone else's and be ready to lock threads, ban posters if they disagree and delete accounts.  In other words, judge and jury.  Are you ready for that?  There are good moderators and there are self titled ENFORCERS!!

No you just have to have a stronger opinion than anyone else's and be ready to lock threads, ban posters if they disagree and delete accounts.  In other words, judge and jury.  Are you ready for that?  There are good moderators and there are self titled ENFORCERS!!

This is a privately owned site paid for with private money. The owner of the site has chosen a few moderators to help police the site. In doing so the owner has laid down rules (in this very thread) for everyone and in private discussions, rules for the moderators doing their jobs.

This site is not a public service and is private. All rules and all moderators remain at the discretion of the owner. There is no right to freedom of speech on a private forum like this one. If a moderator starts deleting posts or banning members simply on a whim against the rules for moderators, that moderator will be removed by the owner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin