*CENTRAL 20 BAYTOWN LEE 14 FINAL/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see patitan

I'm not at all concerned about Lee's offense.  If there ever was a sure thing in high school football....it's Lee's offense.  Don't have to believe me, don't expect you to. 

Lee's defense is the concern.  We finished second in the area in offense last year I believe, and Central stopped us to about 150 yards in the first game, with better conditions.  Just sit back and watch that learning curve now with Lee's offense.

Don't worry about PATITAN...  He hates Lee.I mean he must be, because your Karma goes down 1 every time you say something stupid, doesn't it?  He's on -84!   ;D

BTW, good game Central!  All-in-all, considering the delays and having to come back today and all, seemed like both teams fought hard, hit hard, but kept it clean and respectful.

Don't worry about PATITAN...  He hates Lee.I mean he must be, because your Karma goes down 1 every time you say something stupid, doesn't it?  He's on -84!   ;D

BTW, good game Central!  All-in-all, considering the delays and having to come back today and all, seemed like both teams fought hard, hit hard, but kept it clean and respectful.

Thanks.  Utilize that RB and Kraft and Lee will be aight.

I can co-sign with titan.  Last year, even before the playoffs started, he told me that the Coogs would be your 2006 state champions, and I didnt' believe him.  He told me how also.  Don't think he has anything against Lee.  Just tells it like it is.  That would mean he dont' like MC or Lee.  Cant dislike everyone! ;D ;D

True Assessment about Central....  The takling was horrible!!!!  The run is suspect..  I think we should run the ball for alot more yards.  I hate that play where they raise the ball ll up, show it to the defense, then hand it off to the rb. hey loose a second or two on that hand off.  Just give the rb the ball and any defense should stop that play with that much time lose.  If that play continues it will constantly hurt us....  I think Fobbs focuses on the pass more... He is more of a pocket passer than Brandon and really can use all of the receivers (he will be a gem).  The O'line does not move their feet and plays kind of lazy. Way too many offensive penalties and it got worse second half.  Conditioning may have been a factor.

Defense is strong even though I did not like when they stayed in the 3LB set on the spread.  If Lee had fast slot recievers they could have put up big numbers.  It is almost impossible to hold a receiver with a LB.  The LBs are big but not as fast, I think they will be fine. The D-line is bigger but slow in the middle.  It will be tough to attack the Jags middle on the run but it wont put pressure on the opposing qb either.  The DBs are for the first time in school history the strenth of the defense.  Smart, athletic, and good cover guys.  I am dissapointed though because there were NO big hits, and the takling was horrible.  Where are the head hunters?  tackling got worse late game, again conditioning.

Overall CHS we be fine once they refine some issues.  Lee on the other hand needs some work.  They don't look any better than last year except in the rb.  The qb does not want to be hit and will go down in the site of trouble instead of making a play.  The QB does have a arm and is pretty accurate.  If Lee is going to run the spread it needs to take shoots down the field.  The score may have been different if they did.  The D is suspect but it seems like Stowers would not attack it. 

5A Top 10

Katy

Westfield

North Shore

Baytown Lee

Hightower

Lamar

Pearland

Klein

Cy-Fair

The Woodlands

4A Top 10

La Marque

Friendswood

Lamar Consolidated

Dayton

Brenham

Crosby

Yates

Montgomery

Angleton

Booker T Washington

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=sports&id=5591476&POLL303=80000000000000000000000000000

5A Top 10

Katy

Westfield

North Shore

Baytown Lee

Hightower

Lamar

Pearland

Klein

Cy-Fair

The Woodlands

4A Top 10

La Marque

Friendswood

Lamar Consolidated

Dayton

Brenham

Crosby

Yates

Montgomery

Angleton

Booker T Washington

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=sports&id=5591476&POLL303=80000000000000000000000000000

This will change

My Jags need to take what the opposition is giving them. When Lee punted, everytime the punter paused before kicking the ball. They had know rush on the punt. The 1st time I understood it. The second time I was in the stand yelling rush the punter. The third time it was getting pothetic to me. Step it up Jags.

Overall CHS we be fine once they refine some issues.  Lee on the other hand needs some work.  They don't look any better than last year except in the rb.  The qb does not want to be hit and will go down in the site of trouble instead of making a play.  The QB does have a arm and is pretty accurate.  If Lee is going to run the spread it needs to take shoots down the field.  The score may have been different if they did.  The D is suspect but it seems like Stowers would not attack it. 

Short...  Your assessment of the QB couldn't be further from the truth.  He wore "turf" shoes because he only had white cleats and black turf shoes (because they'll mostly play on turf) and the coach wouldn't let him wear white.  Excuse or not, the shoes took away his biggest asset, which is his mobility.  He also can make plays when things go bust.  I think Lee's first score was evidence of that.  He's not scared of anything and that's why he would be a starting linebacker if he weren't QB.  He also has received and will mostly accept an offer from West Point (Army football) which will include 8+ years of military service for his country.  I realize it's not as tough as someone that might be looking at a future in jail, but labeling someone soft based what little you know about them is ignorant to say the least.

Here's his highlight video from last season:

These are games against Cinco, Cyfalls, Cy Fair, teams that went as deep or deeper than any Golden triangle team went last year.  Looks like he's a playmaker and will take a hit to me.

One of Lee's slot receivers(Kevin Craft) runs the 3rd leg on the 400 relay team that finished in the top 5 in the region last year.  Craft is plenty fast.  Luna is more of a hands guy.  Lee doesn't go deep a lot, and they certainly were not going to go deep a lot against Central's attacking defense.  That's what they tried last year and it got Jeremy's leg broke in the process.

Looking at the stats, it actually sounds like Mahan was playing.  Now we just need to get our starting center back, and get the wrinkles ironed out and Lee will be ok.

To those of you saying Lee doesn't deserve to be ranked here or there or predicted to win district, I understand some of that is a Golden Triangle bias towards PAM and WB...

But did you see Lee last year against Central?  I know some of these Jaguar fans had to have made the trip to Baytown to see that one.  By all rights,  Central should have beat Lee 42-7 last year.  They dominated Lee from the first whistle through the last.  They ran all up and down the field at will.  Lee was sacked every other play.  Lee couldn't get any positive yardage running the ball.  The only play Lee got was a hail mary to Rashad Mohammed where the d-back kinda slipped and Mohammed took it to the house from about 65 yards out.  That was probably half of Lee's yards for the game right there.  It looked like USC playing against Rice last year, with Central being USc and Lee being Rice.  Central tore into Lee, ran them over, bulldozed them, ate them for lunch. 

Guess what...Lee won district last year.  Guess what, Lee played toe to toe with a top 10 team in the playoffs last year.

Lee is so far ahead of last year's learning curve after the first game it's not even funny.  Lee will improve dramatically.  Much more than any run first offense will this year. 

As a Lee fan, I'm absolutely ecstatic to hear the news that I heard from the game.  Lee's run defense shut down Central.  Sounds great to me, particularly after Central ran for 300+ yards last year against Lee.

Next up Strake Jesuit.  We beat them last year, but struggled.  I would like to see if we can stay ahead of last year's learning curve after the Strake game. 

Josh Jones is an excellent runner.  He's not scared of anyone from Central that's for sure.  He had to play against Cunningham Middle School.  If you can survive that, then Central is a walk in the park. lol

Lee gained 100 more yards this year against Central, with a wet football, muddy field, on the road, after having made 3 different 2 hour bus trips within the last 18 hours.

I like what Josh was able to do, in his first game back, in hostile conditions, in a weird setting, the day after Lee was supposed to play, no band, hardly any fans, just a strange setting for playing football. 

Short...  Your assessment of the QB couldn't be further from the truth.  He wore "turf" shoes because he only had white cleats and black turf shoes (because they'll mostly play on turf) and the coach wouldn't let him wear white.  Excuse or not, the shoes took away his biggest asset, which is his mobility.  He also can make plays when things go bust.  I think Lee's first score was evidence of that.  He's not scared of anything and that's why he would be a starting linebacker if he weren't QB.  He also has received and will mostly accept an offer from West Point (Army football) which will include 8+ years of military service for his country.  I realize it's not as tough as someone that might be looking at a future in jail, but labeling someone soft based what little you know about them is ignorant to say the least.

Here's his highlight video from last season:

These are games against Cinco, Cyfalls, Cy Fair, teams that went as deep or deeper than any Golden triangle team went last year.  Looks like he's a playmaker and will take a hit to me.

Watch your mouth with the ignorant statement!!! But Drake I just made an assesment from what I saw.  I saw a kid ducking taklers...  I may be wrong and that is fine... The kid is a good, smart football player so I can see him going to a good school to play.

Excuse me for recognizing something from one game, my mistake but what is ignorant is your upset tone about one statement... grow up fool! I have a right to an opinion!

One of Lee's slot receivers(Kevin Craft) runs the 3rd leg on the 400 relay team that finished in the top 5 in the region last year.  Craft is plenty fast.  Luna is more of a hands guy.  Lee doesn't go deep a lot, and they certainly were not going to go deep a lot against Central's attacking defense.  That's what they tried last year and it got Jeremy's leg broke in the process.

Looking at the stats, it actually sounds like Mahan was playing.  Now we just need to get our starting center back, and get the wrinkles ironed out and Lee will be ok.

To those of you saying Lee doesn't deserve to be ranked here or there or predicted to win district, I understand some of that is a Golden Triangle bias towards PAM and WB...

But did you see Lee last year against Central?  I know some of these Jaguar fans had to have made the trip to Baytown to see that one.  By all rights,  Central should have beat Lee 42-7 last year.  They dominated Lee from the first whistle through the last.  They ran all up and down the field at will.  Lee was sacked every other play.  Lee couldn't get any positive yardage running the ball.  The only play Lee got was a hail mary to Rashad Mohammed where the d-back kinda slipped and Mohammed took it to the house from about 65 yards out.  That was probably half of Lee's yards for the game right there.  It looked like USC playing against Rice last year, with Central being USc and Lee being Rice.  Central tore into Lee, ran them over, bulldozed them, ate them for lunch. 

Guess what...Lee won district last year.  Guess what, Lee played toe to toe with a top 10 team in the playoffs last year.

Lee is so far ahead of last year's learning curve after the first game it's not even funny.  Lee will improve dramatically.  Much more than any run first offense will this year. 

As a Lee fan, I'm absolutely ecstatic to hear the news that I heard from the game.  Lee's run defense shut down Central.  Sounds great to me, particularly after Central ran for 300+ yards last year against Lee.

Next up Strake Jesuit.  We beat them last year, but struggled.  I would like to see if we can stay ahead of last year's learning curve after the Strake game. 

That was real pannama... I was there...  I really saw alot of potentail in the young squad from last year... that I did not see saturday....  Maybe it was a down game but I do expect them to get better.  I do believe WB is a better team now and PAM is about on the same level as you are.  I will be interesting in district.  Good luck Lee but Im pulling for or big sister Westbrook!

Watch your mouth with the ignorant statement!!! But Drake I just made an assesment from what I saw.  I saw a kid ducking taklers...  I may be wrong and that is fine... The kid is a good, smart football player so I can see him going to a good school to play.

Excuse me for recognizing something from one game, my mistake but what is ignorant is your upset tone about one statement... grow up fool! I have a right to an opinion!

Yeah, you have the right to say anything you want, and I have the right to take exception to it.

And I do take exception to it because you are a grown man posting about the character or heart or toughness of specific 16, 17 , and 18 year olds.  Then you're posting you assessments on the internet as if your opinion about such things should be listened to. 

I take exception to anyone that derides a teenager that's trying to do something positive.  If you HAVE to do it why not do it in a more useful fashion?  Why don't you deride the kids that won't be eligible in 6 weeks because they're not doing their school work, or the kids selling drugs, or the "tough guys" in gangs?  Those are the teenagers that have no heart and need an adult like YOU to tell them so...

lee did not win district last year. it was a shared title with PAM,brook and kingwood. you lee guys need to really stop and accept the loss. stop saying silly crap like the rain,mud,wet ball,bus rides,no band,no fans. just stop. you are giving excuses of why lee looked horrible or didnot produce. you guys ran your mouth all summer on how lee is this and that. they proved they are the same lee as always. you sound like your boy humble398. his excuse was humble loss to PAM was becuase of ambulances and flags thrown on loud cheerleaders. don't start that. eat the crow and take defeat. no excuses.

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

no i shoudn't. i never make bold predictions like PAM is the best 5a in the houston area or do i give excuses when PAM lose. ask anyone,i grade PAM hard. i never get excited when we beat sterling,kw,and teams we supposed to roll over. i'm always looking for the negative in PAM because most of the time it's thier down fall. you have not heard me mention one thing this year about players on PAM. never said such and such will do this or that. only thing i said was mc wouldn't stand a chance against us. the majority agreed.

I suppose your strategy as a fan - being as negative as you can be even about your own team - is a good one because ultimately everyone (but SLC) loses and goes home, which makes you right.  I prefer to stay positive.

But the funny thing is, no Lee fans have been boastful, making wild predictions, etc here...  Panama and I, the only 2 Lee fans I know of on this board, prefer being positive about our team, but you'll have a hard time finding any posts by either of us guaranteeing anything.  We both said before the game Lee would struggle with Central and stated our reasons why.  After seeing the game I thought Lee was further along than I thought.  They played even with Central when nothing went their way and I can find silver linings in that.

The thing is, if you say Lee sucks you pretty much have to say the same about Central.  I don't think either is the case.

A positive outlook and putting things in perspective works for me.  I'm a big fan, but in the end these are teams of teenage kids...  If the constant negativity over such a thing helps you in some way, then go for it (as if anyone was going to stop you).  The thing is, negative fans are not fans at all.  They're negative because being positive means they have to invest in their team and eventually be disappointed.  Since all the teams eventually lose, it's easier to be negative and say "I told you so".  Negative people count this as a success...

Before you started posting Drake, me and pana was going back and forth.  He at one point predicted 42-21.  I can find that post on the Houston message board.  He then changed it to 42-41.  Which is cool. Pana is a wise poster.  We agreed onthe central/lee outcome, but agreed on a lot of other aspects about last year's game, which we were both in attendence.  Titan were in on the debates and also knows what pana said.  This is why the debate is still going on. 

I suppose your strategy as a fan - being as negative as you can be even about your own team - is a good one because ultimately everyone (but SLC) loses and goes home, which makes you right.  I prefer to stay positive.

But the funny thing is, no Lee fans have been boastful, making wild predictions, etc here...  Panama and I, the only 2 Lee fans I know of on this board, prefer being positive about our team, but you'll have a hard time finding any posts by either of us guaranteeing anything.  We both said before the game Lee would struggle with Central and stated our reasons why.  After seeing the game I thought Lee was further along than I thought.  They played even with Central when nothing went their way and I can find silver linings in that.

The thing is, if you say Lee sucks you pretty much have to say the same about Central.  I don't think either is the case.

A positive outlook and putting things in perspective works for me.  I'm a big fan, but in the end these are teams of teenage kids...  If the constant negativity over such a thing helps you in some way, then go for it (as if anyone was going to stop you).  The thing is, negative fans are not fans at all.  They're negative because being positive means they have to invest in their team and eventually be disappointed.  Since all the teams eventually lose, it's easier to be negative and say "I told you so".  Negative people count this as a success...

Excellent post. You hit the nail on the head with that one. One can always look back and say when their best teams were, but they weren't saying it during that time frame. Absolutely not fans at all.

that's a crock. i was saying PAM was good in 02 and 03. i was even butting heads with lamarque!!!

That would be during the Colbert years? I can't prove it, but I would surmise that everything you had to say about your Colbert led titans was on a positive note? I bet different.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder