Banner year for Silsbee sports

The '05-'06 school year for Tiger sports will go down as one of the most successful years in their history. Silsbee claimed 10 district championships, a runner-up, and a third place in the 12 team sports it participated in. Not bad.

Here is how they finished:

Football: 4-1, runner up

Vollyball: undefeated, champ

Boys basketball: 10-0, champ

Girls basketball: 10-0, champ

Baseball: 10-0, champ

Softball: 7-3, third

Boys track: champ

Girls track: champ

Boys golf: champ

Girls golf: champ

Boys tennis: champ

Girls tennis: champ

Silsbee sent a team in every sport to the playoffs.

I think it like that at pretty much every small school. But nonetheless, every sport was not represented in the post season, regardless if it matters to you individualy or not. How ever, Silsbee did have a phenomenal year in all of those other sports. The community is proud.

Guest airitout123

The smiley face meant that I was joking. Silsbee has never been real successful in soccer. I am not sure why that is. I know that we do not have soccer programs for smaller kids. They are not exposed to soccer until they get to high school.

I did not post the original post. SHS did have a phenominal year that this senior class will walk away very proud of. However, you are correct, we did not go to the playoffs in every sport.

I did not include soccer because not all of our district foes play soccer. The soccer districts locally have a mixture of 4A, 3A, and 2A. Only 5A has its own district.

With that said, I stand corrected in that Silsbee did not qualify for the playoffs in every sport.

LOL yall are funny...........i was lookin at another post and it said that most of yalls players dont play anywhere else but at school, but ive played against almost all of silsbees players in fall league.....and if they have no where to play, Lumberton has a pretty good recreational league for players to join........not to far away.....

Silsbee has never been real successful in soccer. I am not sure why that is. I know that we do not have soccer programs for smaller kids. They are not exposed to soccer until they get to high school.

thats where i got that from

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder