Big Sandy This Year?

They will win 24-a this year.They could go undefeated in district but you never know ,going to HD and Spurger can get interesting.They have a very good big kid and a ton of depth on the perimeter plus a super coach.I'll agree with CATMAN I think a regional berth could be in the works.

Yes I was talking about BS having a very good big kid,depth and a good coach.That's why I make them my favorite.Spurger has a solid post player but are still very young,they will be a regional contender but it's going to be a couple years down the road.The interesting part about playing in HD and Spurger usually comes from the officiating.I've seen really good teams go in to both places and barely escape with victories.Doesn't seem to matter who they are playing they get the benefit of the calls.On the other hand I quess most schools do that or it may just seem that way.

Guest DickVitale

2A.....maybe so.....3A....Doubt it, but there are a few pitiful ones so OK anything is possible there....but 4A?  No WAY....The worst 4A in the area is Lumberton, and I doubt BS could beat them...and they are an awful 4A basketball program.  NUMBERS MATTER...Not taking anything away from Big Sandy, but lets be real about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the State Tournament. They are good year in and year out but I know this group is especially good. Coach Foster is a great coach. They are just loaded top to bottom. Not too many Class A (or even AA) have 2 freshman, jv and varsity Basketball teams.

I do think Spurger will get 2nd but the district title will run through Spurger in the next coming years. I have watched and even coached that group (Freshman), so I know what they are capable of.

HD will get 3rd. They will be ATHLETIC, but I think it's Spurgers time to finally beat them. It should be a good game. Stapert vs. Henry

• 2 weeks later...

I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING FINE MR.D--- V. SIT BACK AND WATCH HOW MANY 2A-3A-4A SCHOOL BS BEATS,THEY WIN MORE THAN LOOSE.

i agree with you as far as Big Sandy will be a very good team this year, and could very well beat quite a few 2A teams and possibly a few 3As, but i seriously doubt they can compete against any 4A teams... very rarely do you have a team good enough to compete 2 classifications up... let alone 3... especially a 1A going up... if say you had a very good 3A playing 5A i'd buy that more than a 1A playing a 3A or 4A...

i'll never count out a team because of the classification they're in, but i think its highly unlikely for a 1A to compete against a 3A... and i think its a 1 in a billion shot of a 1A beating a 4A

i'd have to say a very good team was 2004 Kountze (state champs) when they were in 3A they played 2 classifications up against 5A (state champs undefeated) Houston Milby... and lost by i believe it was 12 points... that Kountze team was Great and they very well could have beaten many 5A teams, probly could have competed and possibly gone to the state tournament in 4A... but very rarely do you have a team that tallented...

Does BS have what it takes to win State this year?

That's an extremely tough question to answer.There are alot of teams that have what it takes that never make it.I personaaly think it's a lot harder to make it there than it is to win it.For example last year I think West Hardin was better than most of the 1-a teams that were there.They had a bad game in the regional finals and didn't get the chance to prove it.Big Sandy has all the pieces if they get the breaks.

• 4 weeks later...

Question: "Does it matter if BS can be 2a, 3a, or 4a teams?" Who really cares, I can guarantee you that in the state tourney there will never be a 1a playing a 4a in order to get to the next round. BS definitly has the potential to make it VERY far and i am not goin to say how far but we can all agree we will see them in the regional finals this year am i right. What hurts most teams once you make it that far is what BS has and thats a great coach and DEPTH! And with Big Sandy's conditioning like it is they will have no problem playing any type of ball whether it be run and gun (hull-daisetta) or half court sets (Martins Mill).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami