5. AJ Dugat

6. Decarlos Frank

7. Daniel Marsh

8. Stephen Moten

9. Shannon Robinson

10.Jared Williamson

i love your list.

it is pretty much what i think.

especially wit one of my good friends on there.

Have Tyler, Paul, Daniel or Jared ever been on the same court at the same time? Pre-season list are good for topics on message boards, but I would not take any of them very seriously. They are all very subjective, depending where you live and how familar or not familar you are with any certain list. In most cases there would not even be two people on the same team that would rank all their players in the same order of each other. There are not many people that have the time to see many teams play in all levels. I do not know how many ball players there are in this area but it would be several hundred.

I'll agree 100% these list are just conversation topics until the season starts.All 4 of these kids have played against each other at various times over the last 3 seasons.They all have different strengths and weakness.The one thing about all 4 of them is they make their teams better and thats the goal when all is said and done.I can't wait until footbal season is over.

Unless a player is a major factor on his team, most of the time I do not even get their names. It would be nice, but I know it is not going to happen, but it would be nice to see a program before each varsity game with the kids name and number. A lot of kids on some of your lists I may have seen play but cannot put a name with a body.

Stephen Moten played very big down on the block for Ozen throughout the playoffs last year.  He's a more capable slasher/perimeter player than most folks know; everyone who has seen him jump knows there's no one-- maybe just a few in the NBA or NCAA-- who can leap with him.  The highlight of my basketball summer was seeing him finish our "special" in-bounds play:  HJ's Little Steve Guillory lobbed it up and over the backboard, and Moten came off a high post pick, caught the ball near the top of the backboard, and threw it down rather emphatically.  I've never seen that done elsewhere.  You need a goal that's centrally suspended from the ceiling, and a guy who can leap like David Thompson, back in the day.  Anyway, I'm a big fan of Moten, and feel he's easily top 10.

Other good SETX players I've seen, in no particular order:

Ozen's Jacoby Joseph

EC's Tramain Thomas

Mem's J. Brown

WB's Dante (sp? Donte?) Lopez and Marcus Malbrough

Silsbee's Shannon Robinson

HJ's Jarvis Bernard and Trey Burrell (and watch for JonMychal Fontenot, Colby Sundgren, Josh Payne, Ryan Weldon, Steve Guillory, Jacob Ricossa, Garrett McNeely, and others to combine for top 10-type performances this year.  Sorry, I'm a Hawk Heckler.)

Warren's Paul Sims and Matt Andrews

BH's Brooks Ybarra (sp?)

Kountze's Devin Bray

Oops, I'm already up to 13.  I haven't seen the other players mentioned in this thread-- if they belong among the guys I've listed above, then they're really good basketball players.  As last year's UIL 2A, 3A, and 4A finals indicates, Southeast Texas has the best basketball talent in the state.

Unless a player is a major factor on his team, most of the time I do not even get their names. It would be nice, but I know it is not going to happen, but it would be nice to see a program before each varsity game with the kids name and number. A lot of kids on some of your lists I may have seen play but cannot put a name with a body.

This is true.  I will see that there is a roster at the Warren games!

caleb didnt impress me when i saw him he will score if you leave him open but he cant shoot over anyone... and moton might can jump but lets not say just a few from the NBA and NCAA there are A LOT from those 2 and many moreorganizations that can leap way better

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder