Predictions For Your Team's Record This Season

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bridge City Card

But by that point, we'll be up 40, and it won't matter.  :D

Seriously, though... that was Giddings. You guys are not Giddings.

Where were y'all when that happened to us last year? Watching? Cool.

Giddings wasn't that good, average 3A team. I remember you and several people blaming the OC.

Giddings wasn't that good, average 3A team. I remember you and several people blaming the OC.

What???  :o  Average???    ::) 

I hope every average 3-A team out there doesn't have an athlete like that Fitzhenry and a LB/FB like that Dock.

I talked to a lot of WOS fans who were there and said that them 2 alone were a handful.

Yes they had a chance to score, but still would have to go for two if I remember right.  So, based on what I seen from WOS last year, if Giddings was an average team then WOS had to be an average team....  :-\

Makes since to me.....  NOT!!!

Don't let it get to you WOS92.  It's madness and it might be contagious.  ;)

Guest Bridge City Card

Ok above average then, but not by much. Heck they weren't even a passing team. I bet Dayton would have stomped Giddings. If i remember right WOS beat Dayton. Quote from Giddings coach "We were very lucky to win that game". That happened twice to wos in that game getting down to the goal line to score and running dumb plays at or inside the 1. I sat on the 50 yard line half way up.

Ok above average then, but not by much. Heck they weren't even a passing team. I bet Dayton would have stomped Giddings. If i remember right WOS beat Dayton. Quote from Giddings coach "We were very lucky to win that game". That happened twice to wos in that game getting down to the goal line to score and running dumb plays at or inside the 1. I sat on the 50 yard line half way up.

90% of the coaches will tell you they were lucky to win any game.

Giddings was and is a very good team. Just for your info Dayton is a 4A school and may have beat them but it would not have been by much.

Giddings was much better than Dayton in their games against us. I watched both games.

As far as our OC goes, yes, he calls bad plays in critical situations. But doesn't that beg the question: How does BC's DC have a job? Our lousy OC has put up 145 points in the four games he's played against y'all. That's an average of more than 36 points per game.

Better yet - let's compare how many points we've scored against common opponents.

Last year:

Liberty

BC 24, WO-S 60

Ham-Fan

BC 27, WO-S 54

Hardin-Jeff

BC 21, WO-S 62

Silsbee

BC 10, WO-S 20

Jasper

BC 22, WO-S 40

Orangefield

BC 28, WO-S 40

Kirbyville

BC 12, WO-S 46

That's 144 total points for BC, 322 for WO-S. You didn't even come close to scoring half as much as we did against the same defenses. Which begs this question: Is the BC OC that bad, or is there just no talent in red and white? I mean, last year they had arguably their best offensive weapon in school history in Dishon.

Yes, we think our OC makes boneheaded calls that hurt us against tough teams, but what you're failing to realize is that we hold our coaches to a higher standard than most. Yours either had nothing to work with or messed up enough against much lesser opponents to lose you four games and miss the playoffs in what was supposed to be a glory season.

And here's a bit on Giddings: Last year, their QB rushed for 2,896 yards - which is 652 more yards than BC had for their entire offensive output last year - passing and running. That's just one player. They didn't pass much last year, but they didn't have to. The year before, their QB (then a sophomore) had almost twice as many passing yards and five times as many TDs as Dishon had as a senior. They were ranked third when we played, and we were fourth.

Does that sound like an average team?

Please feel free to continue this. I've got more.

Giddings was much better than Dayton in their games against us. I watched both games.

As far as our OC goes, yes, he calls bad plays in critical situations. But doesn't that beg the question: How does BC's DC have a job? Our lousy OC has put up 145 points in the four games he's played against y'all. That's an average of more than 36 points per game.

Better yet - let's compare how many points we've scored against common opponents.

Last year:

Liberty

BC 24, WO-S 60

Ham-Fan

BC 27, WO-S 54

Hardin-Jeff

BC 21, WO-S 62

Silsbee

BC 10, WO-S 20

Jasper

BC 22, WO-S 40

Orangefield

BC 28, WO-S 40

Kirbyville

BC 12, WO-S 46

That's 144 total points for BC, 322 for WO-S. You didn't even come close to scoring half as much as we did against the same defenses. Which begs this question: Is the BC OC that bad, or is there just no talent in red and white? I mean, last year they had arguably their best offensive weapon in school history in Dishon.

Yes, we think our OC makes boneheaded calls that hurt us against tough teams, but what you're failing to realize is that we hold our coaches to a higher standard than most. Yours either had nothing to work with or messed up enough against much lesser opponents to lose you four games and miss the playoffs in what was supposed to be a glory season.

And here's a bit on Giddings: Last year, their QB rushed for 2,896 yards - which is 652 more yards than BC had for their entire offensive output last year - passing and running. That's just one player. They didn't pass much last year, but they didn't have to. The year before, their QB (then a sophomore) had almost twice as many passing yards and five times as many TDs as Dishon had as a senior. They were ranked third when we played, and we were fourth.

Does that sound like an average team?

Please feel free to continue this. I've got more.

Well I think after this year WO-S is gonna have it coming to them.. the 7th and 8th grade teams bothe beat WO-S last year and BCJV played a good game against them till the second half.. BC JV had all sophomores and WOS JV had severla Juniors so we're gonna be patient and let y'all talk because one day BC's gunna take over.. besides no one card about last year really.. lets talk about this year.

Well I think after this year WO-S is gonna have it coming to them.. the 7th and 8th grade teams bothe beat WO-S last year and BCJV played a good game against them till the second half.. BC JV had all sophomores and WOS JV had severla Juniors so we're gonna be patient and let y'all talk because one day BC's gunna take over.. besides no one card about last year really.. lets talk about this year.

BC has been beating our JV and middle school teams since the late 80s. It doesn't translate to varsity. We've had at least one of these conversations every year since 1990, and it still hasn't happened. Sorry, but BC taking over from WO-S ain't gonna happen anytime soon. No offense, but it's true. For whatever it might mean, our team in 08 should be even stronger than this year.

Guest Bridge City Card

I agree! You can't compare JV's. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges. WOS has their whole team back next year. I love BC but things will not be changing anytime soon.

8 TH grade teams, 9 TH grade teams, JV's etc... are not the varsity. WOS is still the elite team until they are beaten. One would think that no team can stay on top forever. However, ever since I have watched WOS play BC there are only three times that the games were close. BC might could have won the rain delay game but it did not happen. WOS will have most of their team back in 08 but so will BC. BC is going through a transition this year. It will take them at least one year to learn a new system if not more. BC fans should support and chear their team this year but not say they will work magic this year. We are at least one year away and should have something to boast about starting in 08. This year 3 and 7 or 4 and 6. I hope I am wrong but only time will tell.

Other than Harris, what solid playmakers and how many starters does Silsbee have coming back? I'm expecting them to be a contender, but I must admit that I only know a few names.

Silsbee has 4 offensive and 5 defensive starters returning. I believe they have 7 all district players back.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder