10. San Augustine

11. Garrison

12. New Waverly

13. Central Heights

14. Buna

15. Orangefield

5 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Is Huffman really that good?

i haven t seen them so I can’t give a fair assessment but based on their schedule. Not really any big wins in there that ll assess a #2 ranking.  Over some of those other teams.  just my opinion 

their district is weak imo as well

They just kept on winning and moving up my rankings while some teams lost.

Kinda like San Diego St.

33 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Is Huffman really that good?

i haven t seen them so I can’t give a fair assessment but based on their schedule. Not really any big wins in there that ll assess a #2 ranking.  Over some of those other teams.  just my opinion 

their district is weak imo as well

I saw Huffman, and I was surprised at their record.  I think most of it is a lack of competition.  Team seems pretty balanced with a good shooter and athletic post.  They aren’t as good as previous teams at huffman imo.  

5 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I know you're an old gambler, would you bet the line on these rankings ?? I guess at least it's a good topic for conversation :) . Huffman ahead of Memorial, Nederland and West Brook ? I'm not buying that.

Because we combine 3 classifications in our two polls, sometimes the rankings do look a bit "odd".

I would not bet against those three against Huffman (though it does depend on the point spread). But I think I have explained my rankings over the years enough. It's not always about "who would beat who". It's about who is playing or performing the best within their classification and/or outside their classification.

Huffman is 31-2 on the year and has won 16 in a row. I agree, their district is not that strong. But like I said, they kept moving up because they kept winning and teams ahead of them took losses.

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Because we combine 3 classifications in our two polls, sometimes the rankings do look a bit "odd".

I would not bet against those three against Huffman (though it does depend on the point spread). But I think I have explained my rankings over the years enough. It's not always about "who would beat who". It's about who is playing or performing the best within their classification and/or outside their classification.

Huffman is 31-2 on the year and has won 16 in a row. I agree, their district is not that strong. But like I said, they kept moving up because they kept winning and teams ahead of them took losses.

Like I said, good topic for conversation :)