OK -- My Thought On Why The United States Postal Service Is Allowed To Lose Billions And Billions Every Year!

Reagan

it doesn't help that the post office is subsidizing the success of mail order firms like Amazon.  The USPS underbids their "competition" like Fedex and UPS...  Rural route carriers end up with loads of parcels that won't fit in their vehicles and each one is being delivered at a "loss" to the taxpayers so that Bezos can continue to get richer and his company can avoid paying any corporate income taxes.  

It's the American Dream. 

When somebody espouses the benefits of "diversity being our strength" or affirmative action, I just think of what all it's done for the postal service.  

Going back to the first question about the demographics of the USPS.  The ethnic breakdown is 57% White, 23% Black, 11% Hispanic and 7% Asian.  According to this article. Though the demographics change regionally (like Montana is probably 100% White), southern states would understandably have a higher rate of minority employees.   No opinion just something I found.

This is the hidden content, please

USPS is a Welfare Program For the Minimally Educated.    Agree or disagree? 

What other industry provides the kind of benefits and salary to those who have a basic education? Exactly just what job skill does a postal employee provide to command this degree of compensation? The USPS is a honey hole for minorities that vote democrat.

BTW do you know that the Fed gov discriminates?  By policy those who are 36 yrs old or older will not be hired?  Postal inspector positions.  An applicant must be at least 21 years old, but not older than 36, to apply for postal inspector positions. 

There are a lot of municipal jobs and industry jobs that only require a HS diploma, Firefighters, Powerline workers, Petro plant and refinery workers, Patrol and Sheriff's patrol officers, building inspectors, detective and criminal investigators, Insurance agents and adjusters, Steel workers, Auto worker (if there are any plants left here!) and I believe that most of these type jobs have good compensation and all the municipal entities have good benefits as well as retirement/pension plans after meeting years of service requirements. I did not know about the 36 yr old requirement at the USPS, not crazy about that... I hear people say that college is overrated, so should people that choose not to attend college, not be able to get a decent paying job? 43% of the employees of the USPS are minorities, 57% white.  I don't know about the political leanings of the employees but there are still less minority workers at the USPS even though it may not seem so.

When you don’t have to produce a profit or constantly innovate your business to stay competitive in the market place then you end with the United States Postal Service. Typical government ran bloated bureaucracy just like the VA Hospitals. What a dumpster fire!  Turnover the postal service to a private company an watch it takeoff like a rocket ship.

55 minutes ago, Realville said:

When you don’t have to produce a profit or constantly innovate your business to stay competitive in the market place then you end with the United States Postal Service. Typical government ran bloated bureaucracy just like the VA Hospitals. What a dumpster fire!  Turnover the postal service to a private company an watch it takeoff like a rocket ship.

+1000

On 8/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, jdns said:

There are a lot of municipal jobs and industry jobs that only require a HS diploma, Firefighters, Powerline workers, Petro plant and refinery workers, Patrol and Sheriff's patrol officers, building inspectors, detective and criminal investigators, Insurance agents and adjusters, Steel workers, Auto worker (if there are any plants left here!) and I believe that most of these type jobs have good compensation and all the municipal entities have good benefits as well as retirement/pension plans after meeting years of service requirements. I did not know about the 36 yr old requirement at the USPS, not crazy about that... I hear people say that college is overrated, so should people that choose not to attend college, not be able to get a decent paying job? 43% of the employees of the USPS are minorities, 57% white.  I don't know about the political leanings of the employees but there are still less minority workers at the USPS even though it may not seem so.

Of your list, only firefighters and police officers are government-type jobs.  Those also carry a level of risk that the people sorting mail just don't face.  The girl that takes your money at the tax office is a job comparable to a USPS worker, and they aren't making $75k a year.  Just my opinion. 

"Efforts to shrink the Postal Service payroll would likely affect racial and ethnic minorities, women and veterans more than others. Postal workers are 

than the U.S. labor force as a whole, according to Census Bureau data from 2018, the most recent year available.