WB vs Area?

The 07 West Brook Squad would have benefited from playing down only if the surrounding schools could have put together an all star squad to face them. Pretty much the all SETX team MIF04 put together, minus the WB players. This would have been one heck of a game, and I would have loved to see what the outcome would have been. Who knows in the future, but in 07, it's a great game.

Here is the starting lineup for each consisting of a 15 man roster.

WB

David Murphy

Tim Ferguson

Mark Serna

Bobby Armstrong

Josiah Svoboda

Todd Wallace

Thad Lycan

Josh Fisher

David Falgout

Nathaniel Svoboda

Matt Serna

Hunter Davidson

Lane Helveston

Aaron Bender

Stephen tubbs

SETX

Jake Rowell – LCM

Ross Hales – Barbers Hill

Johnny Dishon – Bridge City

Jeff Stringer (Bridge City)

Shawn Flores (PNG)

Tucker Muckleroy (Buna)

Cameron Campbell (Barbers Hill)

Braeden Riley (Woodville)

VJ Bunner (Vidor)

Chad Richard (LCM)

Taylor Hart (Jasper)

Rocky Calhoun (Silsbee)

Aaron Treece (Hardin Jefferson)

Travis Reagan (Jasper)

Chris Raggett (Ozen)

I think a lot of teams could compete locally with WB...heck, it happened during the year.  Ozen and BH beat them, and PNG played them into extra innings.  Central was pesky and only Vidor got rolled by WB.   

On the other hand, if the point is that WB was the best/most talented team in the area, I agree with that (certainly as it regards their 1-9 lineup).  They were just that good this year.  Will they be that good next year? Probably not...they lost a lot of talent due to graduation (#1 pitcher, 1B, 2B, SS, LF, CF). 

WB was a very good team in 2007 but they weren't the only team.  LCM had a great run.  BH did the same.  And, of course, there's that team up from Jasper...

Thanks MIF04....  Could someone check on wg88pitcher?  He is just trying to get us stirred-up right?  He couldn't be serious?  ....Not sure what to say here?  Let's see WB take care of Ozen and then let them step-up to Jasper, BC, and some of the others in the regular season.... In regards to one of wg88's other entries related to if a 3A school was to play WB, the 3A school would need to pitch their ace, etc.  Of course, Jasper or BC would pitch their ace if at all possible.  Just like Jasper or Bridge City would pitch their ace when playing each other.  And WB better play their starters.  I guess if they didn't play their starters, they'd at least have an excuse for the loss.... No all-star team needed to beat WB... 

No results found for redicules.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source rid·i·cule      (rĭd'ĭ-kyōōl')  Pronunciation Key 

n.  Words or actions intended to evoke contemptuous laughter at or feelings toward a person or thing: "I know that ridicule may be a shield, but it is not a weapon" (Dorothy Parker).

tr.v.  rid·i·culed, rid·i·cul·ing, rid·i·cules

To expose to ridicule; make fun of.

[French, from Latin rīdiculum, joke, from neuter of rīdiculus, laughable; see ridiculous.]

rid'i·cul'er n.

Synonyms: These verbs refer to making another the butt of amusement or mirth. Ridicule implies purposeful disparagement: "My father discouraged me by ridiculing my performances" (Benjamin Franklin).

To mock is to poke fun at someone, often by mimicking and caricaturing speech or actions: "Seldom he smiles, and smiles in such a sort/As if he mock'd himself, and scorn'd his spirit" (Shakespeare).

Taunt suggests mocking, insulting, or scornful reproach: "taunting him with want of courage to leap into the great pit" (Daniel Defoe).

To twit is to taunt by calling attention to something embarrassing: "The schoolmaster was twitted about the lady who threw him over" (J.M. Barrie).

Deride implies scorn and contempt: "Was all the world in a conspiracy to deride his failure?" (Edith Wharton).

or are you wanting this one??

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source ri·dic·u·lous      (rĭ-dĭk'yə-ləs)  Pronunciation Key 

adj.  Deserving or inspiring ridicule; absurd, preposterous, or silly. See Synonyms at foolish.

[From Latin rīdiculus, laughable, from rīdēre, to laugh.]

ri·dic'u·lous·ly adv., ri·dic'u·lous·ness n.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

It also describes the way you put West Brook out to these other posters, discrediting any opinion I have given.........

Barbers Hill had a good team...LCM...well WB beat them by about 20 this year

Gimme a break....the LCM deal was a scrimmage (which means zero).  And I'm a WB fan.  I think they were the class of the area this year.  But a game or scrimmage in Feb really means very little....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder