Predictions on who will win shetland tournament in orange

After last night's win over Twin County (16-0), I would love to think Orange will win it all.  I never would have thought it would have been that score, however!  Twin County looked good on Saturday, however, PA didn't, so it was really hard to tell how good TC really was.  My bet is on Orange, though!! All the way Orange Stars!

Great job to both Orange teams last night!  It IS a shame that only one team moves forward!  I don't know how it is all decided, but for us (this area) to be taken out of the Houston/Conroe tournament was not a good decision!

I guess they didn't like Golden Triangle teams taking spots at State--but if we happen to be better teams that year than Houston area teams, then????????

ARe there any other routes that this area could go through to State?  Rather than only one team advancing, that is!

Oh well, for this year, it is only one team and may the best team win!  Wednesday night will be a great game b/ween Orange and Vidor!  Hope the rain holds.  I am looking at rain with a hint of blue skies right now!

Go field maintenance crew!!!!!!!!!!!

your right about that... We should look at hosting a regional and not let Houston/Conroe in it. Don't you want the best in the state at the state tournament. If you cant beat the Golden Triangle then you (Houston/Conroe) don't deserve to be there. It's a shame that DIRECTORS from other areas can pick and choose who they will play.  I bet you one thing the teams they've beat all will still be there. I only wish we could find another regional to be in..The Golden Triangle DESERVES to have a chance to have two teams at state.

Orange Shetland went to State 2 yrs ago via Conroe and last year Orange Shetland went to Huntsville, but,unfortunately, didn't win there.

I think Vidor Pinto at least went to Conroe/Huntsville- not sure of how they did there.

There is a lot of talent in this area and it is great to get to State.  Sometimes it is hard to believe these kids are so young.

Vidor Pinto went to State 4 yrs ago via Spring Kleins Regionals and last year Vidor Pinto went to State, but,unfortunately, didn't win there.

Can anyone tell me what a regional is for, because if you win your area tournament you go to state, so then who goes to regionals and are we the only Pinto and Shetland area that does not have a regional to go to. Remember its not about us(PARENTS) it's about the kids. So to not let our kids keep playing it's not fair to them. If I remember right at last nights game I did'nt see any Parents playing. So lets step back and remember it's about our kids and lets, let them play...Dont punish our kids(Golden Triangle Area) for being well coached..

yeah- disappointing show by Orange, truly not the usual ball playing for them.  I do hope they come out tomorrow and play like they know how and hope they win.  I have heard several scenarios--if Orange beats TC, do they play Vidor tomorrow night after that game?

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats to Vidor on the win Thursday night. The kids were very impressive. It will be tough for TC or Orange to knock them off twice.  Go Orange!

Apparently it is all off until Monday--however, if Orange beats TC--and they will(smile)--then, they play Vidor after that----if they win, when do they play Vidor again, or do they?  It is double elimination, right?

When will the rain let up????????  We begin a tournament in Sour Lake Sat.

Guest vidorpride

The winner of TC/ Orange will play Vidor at 7:45 Monday.

Can someone explain to me what it would hurt to schedule these games for tommorrow?  If you can't get them in you can't get them in but nothing is hurt in trying.

When they rained out the Wed. game they did not reschedule them for three days later.

Vidor is hosting the Bronco tourney tommorrow and we will do everything we can to play those games.  Why is it any different in Orange?  Makes ya go Hmmmm!

One thought is the guys who have been getting the fields ready are exhausted and apparently there is no let up in the rain.  Three of the guys, who have been there every day, coach a pinto team and they need to get them ready to play in Sour Lake on Sat.

However, those guys did not make this decision, it was the Pony guy who made the decision to wait until Monday.  I don;t like it, b/c now I will have two playing in games- Orange and Sour Lake.

You still didn;t answer me though- if Orange wins and they again play Vidor onMonday at 7:45, do they have to beat them twice or b/c it is the finals, is it only once?

Vidor will have to lose twice.The winner out of TC/Orange will advance and the winner will have to play Vidor.Probably right after they play there game.if a game two needs to happen(if Vidor loses) then it will probably be played the following the day.I dont run the tournament but that  is what usually happens.

The Orange coaches and the guys who have been working on the field have been doing a great job of keeping it dry and in good condition.

OK- I thought Vidor would have to lose twice, but someone made the comment about it being a "final" game and the winner of that one game would the winner. 

Anyway, you are correct, those guys have done an excellent job with the field so far!  That is a hard job and thankless by most people--so thank you!

The winner of TC/ Orange will play Vidor at 7:45 Monday.

Can someone explain to me what it would hurt to schedule these games for tommorrow?  If you can't get them in you can't get them in but nothing is hurt in trying.

When they rained out the Wed. game they did not reschedule them for three days later.

Vidor is hosting the Bronco tourney tommorrow and we will do everything we can to play those games.  Why is it any different in Orange?  Makes ya go Hmmmm!

Man, this strikes a nerve.  Do you realize how much it has rained in the last week?  Orange got over 5" last friday alone and it has rained everyday since.  To get the games in that we did is a blessing.  I have a ton of hours in on that field and I don't have even half of the hours as td and a couple of others.  He has literally been at that field with a rake, a bag of high dry, or a sqeegy (sp??) in his hand from 8:00 till game time.

Why does it "Make ya go Hmmmm!"?  Are you suggesting we have an ulterior motive?

There hasn't been anything but nice comments on here and I'm glad to finally find a forum where people can be civil. The director is the one that schedules the games. So there is nothing about the games being called off until Monday that makes me go HMMMMMMMM! If you knew how much water has been removed from that field you would know that it is unplayable. Is it unplayable until Monday, well I don't know but if you have any questions about the scheduling call the director before you start throwing stones.

Is it confirmed for Monday. I just talked with one of the coaches involved and they are telling me the Orange/TC game is scheduled for Saturday at 6:00.

And I too will commend the field crew on the way that field has looked throughout the whole tournament. There have been several days I felt sure games would be canceled only to find that they were not only being played, but that the field was in exquisite shape, even with the amount of rain that had fallen. You guys can feel free to come "shop vac" the water out of my yard any day ;D

Thanks Castor!

We got word from our coach that everything was cancelled until Monday. I'm trying to call him as we speak. The director has now changed it to Sunday at 6. That stinks for me assuming we (Pinto) win our first game we will then play in Sour Lake Sunday at 5. Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles. We heard from the director that the Vidor guys are saying thier field is ready to go. If it is and Orange's isn't maybe they can get them in there. Good luck to everyone. Especially those working on the field. One thing is for sure, you won't have as many people helping as you could use. However, you will have more than you know what to do with complaining about how the field may or may not look. I say lace em up and get after it and let the best team win.

I agree with you Td our field is playable and would like to get it over with I have one going tomorrow in pinto to and would like to get shetland over with as soon as possible.I want to see both of mine play if possible.                                  PS Sorry about that catch in left field but I sure was proud.       

It was a great catch and you had reason to be proud. Catch or no catch I was still proud of the hit. He hit another one to left the next time up and a different kid caught it. He did get one out to left that didn't get caught so he did ok. Yall have a really good team and the most impressive thing abou them is the base running. Keep up the good work. I hope we get another chance Sunday. If we play like we played last night I will expect the same results though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder