**JASPER WINS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 14-4**

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachhooker

coach mixon, and jasper congrats to the fullest, I have nothing more than smiles and a tear in my eye as I watched yall tonight celebrate a state title, congrats and never forget the feeling.

You bet I am ready....HUP you out there man?

Hup was at the game cheering on the Dogs..was a great game for the Dogs.  We jumped on them early and often.  Hit the ball hard all the way through the order.  Those hits were all quality hits..hard hits.  LE never got it together at the plate..Masterful performance by Stephenson with a little help from the ump. who seemed to like his stuff more than he did the lefties from LE for some reason. 

Can't help but wonder if Reagen was still unable to pitch.  I think would explain his lackluster performance against BC.  Congrats to Mixon and Jasper on the State Title.  Great Job Guys.

Well he77...... Congrats from LE...your boys deserved the win they came out and played hard and took it to the defending state champs...I also noticed the ump had different strike zones but he77 thats the way the ball bounces sometimes...dont know how much  of a difference it would have made anyway but it sure gets frustrating watching it. Jasper did a great job of hitting and running them bases. LE picked the wrong night and the wrong club to come out flat on.

Seen another thread is this Jasper team the best 3A team ever. My opinion no they are not, but they are a team that got hot at the right time, just like the Leopards did last yr. But I am not trying to take anything away from your team, Just enjoy the moment and not worry about where your team is in the history of this great game. We was lucky enough to make it there back to back years and I am just as proud of our boys as I was last year. So to any Leopards reading this Congrats on another good year and be proud of the way you represented yourselves and your school...there are many of schools that envy the accomplishments you have, many of you have 2 rings, baseball and football and not many can say they have accomplished that.

After the long ride home I will now dine on my crow with a cold beer if you dont mind and please dont over cook it.....

Once again Congratulations Bulldogs and savor each and every moment of it.

Congrats on a great season and to a great group of coaches and players.  Jasper has supported their teams tremedously throughout the years and they deserve to get the ring.  I remember sitting on the Jasper side in the State Football Playoffs at SFASU....great bunch of fans in maroon all around...great atmosphere!  WEll DONE.

Box Score

Hitting

Jasper

Taylor Hart CF- 3-4, 2B, 2 BB, SB, 3 RBI, 2 Runs

Malcom Bronson DH (Phillps 3B)- 1-5, BB

Travis Reagan SS- 2-5, 2B, SB, 3 RBI, Run

Justin Parsons RF- 2-4, BB, Run

Chantz Pryor 1B- 2-4, 2 SB, BB, 4 Runs

Blake Weller-Alexander C- 1-4, 2B, BB, SB, RBI, 2 Runs

Ryan Ellis 2B/P- 3-5, 2 SB, 2B, 5 RBI, Run

Robert Shellhammer RF- 1-3, 2BB, SB, Run

Aaron Stephenson P- 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, Run