Bridge City In 07?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3AFan

It's ashame this one incident is all that's being talked about. I bet their is more than one person on that team, and i'm willing to bet that they are working hard for next season just like every other team in the district. Does anyone on this site have any thoughts toward their actual football team?

Guest 3AFan

Guess this is hijacking the thread, and no football is going to be talked. I hear that BC has a lot of young players, does anyone know if any of them have any talent? Are they going to be able to compete this year?

Guest Sports Cards

if he is allowed to play it will not only be a injustice to the football team it will be an embarrasment to the school and community and will only show that all this school cares about is winning no matter what ...period

Amen to that.  Everyone does make mistakes, but that does not mean that they should be "tapped" on the wrist.  This was a SERIOUS ISSUE...involving illegal activity.  I have said this before, but if these issues were addressed NOW...it would serve many purposes to these young people, not just in BC, but everywhere locally.  And, for a fresh coach coming in and allowing this young man to come back and play...it's just not good, especially if he cannot stand up and make a statement that he is not going to tolerate this type of behavior/conduct. 

What about the seniors who have sacrificed 13 years of school and are not being allowed to walk because they didn't pass their TAKS test...OOPS...they made a mistake.  Not an illegal mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

I know that my karma points are about to nosedive significantly, but this is not about community vs. community...this is about doing the right thing so that athletes in the area realize that these types of activities are not only illegal, but can cost one his/her or even someone else's life.  Prevention is the key to most problems, especially with our youth.  Don't sweep it under the rug or ignore it, hoping that it will not be noticed...how many more kids from our area have to make these "mistakes".  

As for this "one incident"...it didn't involve caffeine or tylenol... it is this type of complacent attitude that I am talking about.  As a wise man once said...IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM. :'(

Getting sort of preemptively mad aren't you?  I agree with the other poster.... why can't this be a thread about football?

Preemptively mad...no not mad.  But, I would be extremely disappointed by a decision to let him play.  I think that it sends the wrong message and that he learns absolutely nothing.

As for this being about football...it is about football.  This needs to be discussed and stop being avoided because it is a serious issue that might save a life in SE Texas.

Preemptively mad...no not mad.  But, I would be extremely disappointed by a decision to let him play.  I think that it sends the wrong message and that he learns absolutely nothing.

As for this being about football...it is about football.  This needs to be discussed and stop being avoided because it is a serious issue that might save a life in SE Texas.

this is a very serious problem alone with many other issues and the more people avoid it and say we shouldnt be talking about it the worse it will get..it is time for the people in charge to be in charge and quit letting these issues get swept under the rug and make these kids pay when they break the rules  and let the kids that follow the rules be rewarded for following the rules...hey i am not saying that these kids arent going to do things wrong but if they take the chance and get caught they should  pay and made an example of it could safe somenes life..this may sound harse but its time to wake up and realize what kind of shape our world is in and it starts at home..period

Guest Bulldog

Im sure WO-S has had plenty of kids on it......but they never got caught. It's a problem all over but the kids not doing it any more. There are professional players who admitted to doing it before but aren't now and they still play. So an injustice that he doesn't play is a low comment. I personaly know the kid and he admits he made a mistake he'll get his second chance and i hope he does.

BC has a lot of strong athletes that will step up and work hard this year.  It may be a rebuilding year, but the kids will work and play hard.  Stump and the other coaches will have them ready.  There is a very strong group of kids that will be sophomores this coming year.  G.I. Joe Robertson & Josh Lemoine just to name a few. 

this is a very serious problem alone with many other issues and the more people avoid it and say we shouldnt be talking about it the worse it will get..it is time for the people in charge to be in charge and quit letting these issues get swept under the rug and make these kids pay when they break the rules  and let the kids that follow the rules be rewarded for following the rules...hey i am not saying that these kids arent going to do things wrong but if they take the chance and get caught they should  pay and made an example of it could safe somenes life..this may sound harse but its time to wake up and realize what kind of shape our world is in and it starts at home..period

I agree totally and hope it will be handled in a way that will make any of the other athletes think long and hard before they do anything like this.  And to say he made a mistake and won't ever do it again...................well, then there are consequences when wrong decisions are made....................and when a student does this sort of thing, they know it's wrong but choose to do it anyway, then too bad, you gotta pay the price and that price better be high enough to get everyone's attention.  A message needs to be sent out loud and clear what happens when you make wrong decisions, not just a little hand slap and a promise to never do it again.................not good enough.

Im sure WO-S has had plenty of kids on it......but they never got caught. It's a problem all over but the kids not doing it any more. There are professional players who admitted to doing it before but aren't now and they still play. So an injustice that he doesn't play is a low comment. I personaly know the kid and he admits he made a mistake he'll get his second chance and i hope he does.

Well, Mr. Bulldog3...getting caught tends to be an indication of guilt.  As for PLENTY of WO-S kids being on "it"...serious doubtful.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am sure that at least one athlete from every school (including WO-S) has tried steroids, but of course...we don't know until they get caught (and sometimes, it is still not discussed...hmmm).  Also, let's not forget those players who aren't still playing...because they DIED on a track, field, court, or any other place due to their abuse of steroids.

As for the parallel regarding professional players...that is between those players and their employers.  Using steroids to excel in sports (at any level) is absolutely NO DIFFERENT than cheating on an exam.  It is an unfair advantage for someone who cannot obtain the results he/she desires from hard work vs. someone who busts their butts every day.  Good people make mistakes, but that does not excuse the fact that they CHEATED by abusing performance-enhancing drugs and should be punished accordingly.  It's just not fair to those who push themselves past their limits everyday to get better and it doesn't set the proper example to those underclassmen to come.                                                                                         

As I said, like everything else...it will take something awful happening for people to want to wake up and say...hey, we saw this coming...we should have done something. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 3AFan

Dave Campbell has BC with 10 players returning, and losing 30? 2/2 Starters returning, What positions are their returning starters?

Guest Bulldog

Dave Campbell has BC with 10 players returning, and losing 30? 2/2 Starters returning, What positions are their returning starters?

BC had a large senior class last year.......Gonna be "young".......

Patrick Carlton OL (started)

Cody Mills RB (started)

Troy Luce WR (played 85% of the time)

Garrett McNeil DT (played 85-90% of the time)

I think thats what they mean by starters........

Guest 3AFan

BC had a large senior class last year.......Gonna be "young".......

Patrick Carlton OL (started)

Cody Mills RB (started)

Troy Luce WR (played 85% of the time)

Garrett McNeil DT (played 85-90% of the time)

I think thats what they mean by starters........

That's not very many. I take it they have the fewest returners of any team in the district? Talk about a rebuilding year!

Guest kosmo

A rebuilding year is hitting the nail on the head.  But, with a new coach and new system coming in, it's probably the best time to have a rebuilding year. 

• 1 month later...

I think BC will be alright I hopoe the coach holds these young man to high standards on and off the field.  I thin with the the right coaching the cards will be alright.  It takes hard work to achieve a great program.  good luck choaching staff and all the players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siya
    Newest Member
    siya