Funniest nickname on your team?

Guest ballfan

Guest Orangeboy

Centra:

we have a Long Boy-(Kenny Allison)

we have a Dirty Red-(Patrick Fobbs)

we have a Darrel Strawberry-(Cameron Alexander)

How many of these names did Coach Blake come up with?

Guest tigersvoice

Oh, those wonderful days at Eagle Lake High.  We had a "Bo-Jock" but I don't remember what that was supposed to mean.  We had a "Hop Shot."  That was John Beseda who was born with a deformed foot and could only jump up about 6 inches.  So we named his jump shot, "Hop Shot."  John went on to play football at Texas A & I in Kingsville and did real well.  We had a "Loopie."  That was Lonnie Sommerlatte who played in the defensive line.  We had this one stunt call where he usually got loose to get to the QB and he loved it; therefore "Loopie."  We had "Adhesive" who was also called "Aches & Pains."  That was James Adkins, our fullback, who always had something hurt and had more tape that Johnson & Johnson.  There are more and thanks to the author for dredging up these memories for me.

Coaches were always on me about trying to gain weight and always gave me a hard time about it. After months of the coaches unsuccessfully trying to add bulk to my body, one coach gave me the nickname "wonder legs". He said "Your legs are so skinny it's a wonder they don't snap off and poke you in the butt."

Another coach call me "Bic".  The girl I dated my junior year was thin too and the coach said "You look like a pen and pencil set walking down the hall together."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder