*Coach Of The Year?*

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Kirkland from HJ. Took a team, that everyone had ranked almost last in their district, to the playoffs.  Lot of good coaching to get them there.

I didn't know anyone had them picked almost last in the district? He did  a great job with the Hawks this year no doubt, but I don't see how you can look past Kyle Green (Vidor) or Coach Griff (LC-M) for this award.....

Liberty's coach..Josh Sadler took at 1-9 district team to a 7-3 came very close to a district championship over there in that 22-3A district..

i think your right guys over there never get that much credit for there hard work! good job Coach Sadler. where are you from guy??

Okay Shadow.........good answer.

Just to throw my .02 in the mix.  Bryant has been successful at BC, but sometimes you wonder.....in the state semi-final game last year, he waited to pull Angelle when it was clear he was out of gas......that brought up ???

Then his lack of playing "small" ball like in the second game against Wharton.  They had the chance to cut the lead by using the bunt, but didn't......???

BC has been blessed with talent.......but that is not a product of Bryant, it is a product of the little league and baseball experience before high school.  He has always appeared to me to be more of a manager then a coach.  But that is just my opinion. 

Not meant to be a slam, just a observation.

I think the HI coach did an excellent job in 1A, the Woodville and Buna coaches have done excellent jobs in 2A , the HJ coach did a excellent job as did the Jasper coach in 3A, I think Griffith and the Vidor coach did a excellent job in 4A.  I don't really have a opinion of 5A......just don't follow them enought to comment.

Pulling your best pitcher, thats a no win situation, to soon you did wrong, you didn't give him enough time to get out of the situation, to late then your wrong again.

As for playing small ball, i haven't seen many places bunt to cut a lead down, yes to tie or get a head but in my world when your behind you don't trade an out to advance a batter...

my opinion..

the teams under bryant have averaged around 28 wins a year (i think that number is about right) .. so when you say its just the talent, then why has it just showed up in the last few years?

i just think its a combination of the kids talent and his style of coaching..

I have been to their practice tons of time this season and it isnt like the guy just sits in the dugout and watches time go by. Ive had to sit and wait, which I dont mind at all since I love watching practice, just to talk to him.

He knows I am there but he is busy with his team and preparing them for the game at hand.

It is time to move past bashing Coach Bryant and talk more about who people think the coach of the year is.

INJUN,

when did you play ball and what level?

I have played ,coached and umpired baseball for 38 years..I am still no expert, but like I said before have witnessed 30+ games that Bryant has (coached) including the semi final game last year, and IN MY OPINION he is not a candidate for Coach of the year Period....

Pulling your best pitcher, thats a no win situation, to soon you did wrong, you didn't give him enough time to get out of the situation, to late then your wrong again.

As for playing small ball, i haven't seen many places bunt to cut a lead down, yes to tie or get a head but in my world when your behind you don't trade an out to advance a batter...

my opinion..

the teams under bryant have averaged around 28 wins a year (i think that number is about right) .. so when you say its just the talent, then why has it just showed up in the last few years?

i just think its a combination of the kids talent and his style of coaching..

They showed up the last few years because they dropped to 3A where they should have been all along..Like red said this is a product of good Little League and other prior high school baseball programs (again in my opinion)

Guest JCfan

The HI coach probably did a great job of coaching. However, know that they were in a very weak district. Half of that district literally were terrrible and the other half was not to the point if saying they were good.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve a coach of the year bid, but just that there was not much to have to defeat.

His best accomplishment was doing it with nine players. That does say something, but look at what the district did in the playoffs.

Hennigan from Woodville deserves to be mentioned, although lloydchristmas might have been right when he said he was a goober on another post.

Good baseball coach.

I have to agree that whoever it is, it is probably not the BC guy. May be a great coach, but there are probably more deserving iut there this year. 

The HI coach probably did a great job of coaching. However, know that they were in a very weak district. Half of that district literally were terrrible and the other half was not to the point if saying they were good.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve a coach of the year bid, but just that there was not much to have to defeat.

His best accomplishment was doing it with nine players. That does say something, but look at what the district did in the playoffs.

Hennigan from Woodville deserves to be mentioned, although lloydchristmas might have been right when he said he was a goober on another post.

Good baseball coach.

I have to agree that whoever it is, it is probably not the BC guy. May be a great coach, but there are probably more deserving iut there this year.   

Thanks for the back-up.. It is much easier to take a team "loaded" with talent to the playoffs, what a great coach can do is win with a bunch of average Joes.....

If Coach Bryant gets the Cardinals to Austin it would be hard not to honor the man with Coach of the Year.

Now, someone had posted earlier that BC's team was inexperienced, I question that logic.

Most baseball teams are built up the middle, Catcher-SS-CF-2B-P. In those 5 positions we have Casey Jackson © one the most dangerous sticks , Matt Hicks (SS) fresh phenom, Troy Bolton (2B) I believe toughest out in the area, Jeff Stringer (P) Div 1 pitcher, and Johnny Dishon (BC) Div 1 CF, possible draft choice.

Does anyone 1A-5A in a 100 mile radius of BC have any better talent? 

I never said Bryant was Coach of the Year - just that I did not see that many mistakes.

If you saw every game this year, you were in Jasper for the first game with them. I along with other people that saw the game.. They were, plain and simple (out coached).. Agree or disagree???

Guest Bulldog

If you saw every game this year, you were in Jasper for the first game with them. I along with other people that saw the game.. They were, plain and simple (out coached).. Agree or disagree???

Coaches make mistakes but out coached? How many state tourneys has the Jasper coach been to? The mans done something right not everything because he's not perfect but not bad.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami