Southeast texas baseball has been down hill for the last 6 or 7 years

Guest ltownbaseball9

Guest ltownbaseball9

Players aren't the same and you don't have the prospects like you did back then but i'm sure it will pick up.

Guest Bulldog

Players aren't the same and you don't have the prospects like you did back then but i'm sure it will pick up.

Who are you?? Theres alot of talented prospects in this area.....

Guest ltownbaseball9

Its a serious comment........where are the Brad Sullivans,jesse floyds,kyle stutes, brookes yates, Fillyalls, clay buchholz, Josh Mitchells, Jarod tates, Clint galloways, Joesph Hollands, Jermey grays, josh grays, Jesse Cookseys, William Dealgue, Trey Rinados, chase tuckers, Jesse fords, Billy Burrows,Dan fletchers,and bridge city had a guy that went to pitch at blinn that was a stud, where are they that? This area hasn't had any players like that in a 4 year strecth its down hill right now no matter what you say but I feel that it will pick back up.

Guest ltownbaseball9

forgot andrew gay, chase richards i mean the list can go on. Yeah there good talent but now big time prospects like it use to be and i'm sure there atleast 10 more players out there that i missed.

You have to be kidding. The players you named come from a few different years and half of them aren't even playing anymore. This year alone, there are numerous players from the area heading off to big time schools. I would say just the opposite, that this year's class has MORE talent than any in a long time.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Ok where are they going to big time colleges at name them...................yeah most of them finish last year playing div 1 baseball or finish 2 years ago all i am sayign the talent is down right now. But you got Sullivan, floyd, buccholz, Dealage, Gordon, Stutes, right now playing minor league baseball. Fletech and Girdley played minor baseball and got hurt and so did gray so come on man I am not dogging the talent this last 3 years all im saying is its down from years past......then you got Gray went to lamar, holland tulane, filyall went div1 , mitchell and galloway played Div 1, chase tucker played at south carolina, rinado went to lamar. Thats all i'm saying in those from those years you had great players, and now you might have 2 great players around the area, I am not talking about good players becasue there some good ones I am talking about great players that played at another level and all those guys did.

Check the "List of Local College Commits" to see who has signed and where. Not to mention the Ewing brothers who went to Arkansas and Southern Miss (both freshmen All-Americans), but are now both at Southern Miss. Jay Bruce was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Kevin Angelle last year was drafted. Clayton Ehlert is at Texas A&M and doing well. I know there are others too. Point is, the talent level around here is as high if not higher than it ever has been.

Check the "List of Local College Commits" to see who has signed and where. Not to mention the Ewing brothers who went to Arkansas and Southern Miss (both freshmen All-Americans), but are now both at Southern Miss. Jay Bruce was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Kevin Angelle last year was drafted. Clayton Ehlert is at Texas A&M and doing well. I know there are others too. Point is, the talent level around here is as high if not higher than it ever has been.

Josey Parker is also at A&M this year.  Was All-American his 2nd year at Panola leading tha nation in homeruns, but also throws it about 95 so is going to A&M to pitch.

Guest ltownbaseball9

I'm not dogging the talent I am just speaking the truth..thats a dumb statement becasue whos going to hit the pitching of the years past whos goign to touch girdley,fletcher,buchholz,floyd, and stutes and mittchell nobody who have..oyou can't name pitchers in the last three years around the area as good as them...

I think the pitching around here the past few years is every bit as good as the group you named...especially at the HS level (Bucholtz was even recruited as a pitcher...went to D1...left...went to juco and 'woke up' with another 5-8 mph velocity and his life changed dramatically).

But to name a few players over the past 3 years and I will limit it only to D1 and MLB draftees...the juco list would be much longer (and remember, some of your names started as juco guys, e.g. Holland).

A. Harrington (PNG) - Lamar

Jason Stutes (PNG) - Lamar

Colin Delome (Buna) - Lamar

Derek Cloeren (LCM) - UH

Dereck Blackshear (BC) - McNeese

Casey Beck (Woodville) - drafted MLB

Jay Bruce (WB) - 1st rounder (prob best HS player to come out of SE Texas with possible exception of Patterson)

James Ewing (WB) - Arkansas (fresh All American)

Michael Ewing (WB) - So Miss (also a fresh All American)

Branden Castolenia (WB) - Angelina/McNeese

Shon Landry (LCM) - McNeese

Ryan Frantz (Ned) - McNeese

Ryan Brauninger (Ned) - McNeese

Darrell Stevens (BC) - McNeese

Hunter Hays (BC) - McNeese

Kevin Angelle (BC) - drafted by Rangers/Texas A&M/San Jac

Broc Haymon (BC) - McNeese

Clayton Ehlert (LCM) - Texas A&M

Zac Harwood (PNG) - Rice

Taylor McInnis (PNG) - Lamar

Matison Smith (Ned) - Lamar

Derek Coleman (BC) - Lamar

I am sure I have missed several but I'm old, my memory is going bad.  By the way, this year's class (already):

Johnny Dishon (BC) - LSU

Tim Ferguson (WB) - Ole Miss

Beau Helmke (Ned) - Lamar

David Murphy (WB) - UH

Braden Riley (Woodville) - Sam Houston

Jake Rowell (LCM) - McNeese

Jeff Stringer (BC) - Lamar

And I promise you...Dishon, Ferguson, Murphy, Riley and Rowell could've hit those guys you listed.  Not to mention Bruce, Ewings, Delome, etc, etc....

Ltownbaseball please read the post from MIFO4. It will prove your complete and utter stupidity. The list of baseball players above is from the past 4 years. How many teams from southeast texas went to the state tournament 8 years ago. Now let me ask you how many have come in the past 6. You need to think before you speak. The talent level has been on the rise over the past 6 years. Schools in the area are making it further in the playoffs every year. There are more talented athletes in SE Texas now than there was 6 years ago. Nothing taken away from the names you have mentioned. I personally played against and with some of them. All were exceptional athletes. I also think the local talent from the past 6 years matches up.

crap...that list isn't even completed of the 05 class...i went on to play college ball...and so did Dustin Hood (wake forest), Brock Lemire (Tyler JC...who is having an absolutely AMAZING season) Cody Deitz (Panola) Patrick Ford and Darrell Bass are both at Angelina...

if anything...the baseball talent is goin UP!

the young kids in the select groups in SETX are winning nat'l championships...i know BC Pony boys won a lot of things...the babe ruth summer teams are bringin home more tournament wins than ever before and i promise you the college commitment in SETX is up alot higher than it was 8 years ago...SETX is now known as the "hot bed" for baseball due to the recent success and its prominant athletes...

look at the high school success in the past 5 years...

png state tourney

bc state tourney BACK TO BACK

woodvill state CHAMPS

not to mention the state rankings...it seems in 5,4,3 and 2A...there are local teams (in most cases more than 1) in the top 10 in the state...

I've seen alot local high school baseball in the past 20 years:

Pitching........The pitching is way down from prior years, no one is touching 90 as I've seen in the past.  Angelle, Parker, Blacksher, Harrington and Elhert could fit in during SETEX best years of baseball 1995-2001

Position players.....No big difference, pretty even over the years.

Defense........This is the biggest difference in high school baseball from prior years from my viewpoint, too many errors in today's high school baseball teams.

Coaching........Much improved from prior years, local AD's actually hiring baseball coaches instead of football coaches having to coach baseball

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83