**THE 2007 SE TEXAS COACHES ASSOCIATION COMBINE WED. MAY 2ND AT WEST BROOK**

Some people from other schools got to see some of the Deweyville Pirates players. Overall I heard they did pretty well. Our QB won the bench 185 lbs. for 21 reps. not bad. Wait till you see there offensive line in action.  :o :o  Yea we know the Pirates will be down down down this coming year. That's what we want you to think.  ;D

Heard Stephen Gibson RB for the Pirates did well or even won the shuttle. He did not have a good time in the 40. He ran 4.6. He is a little quicker than that 4.5 something. Gibson does not get hurt he should rush for around 1500 to 2000 yards this coming year.

We have conditioned our kids to thinking 4.6 is not very fast,by coaches fudging 40 times.We read the Texas Football mag. and most every 1a to 5a schools list several players in the 4.3 to 4.5 forty range,go to a D1 college and watch a legit 4.5 guy run,he is flying.A true 4.6 high school kid is quick. Bum Phillips said he never timed 40's,he said if you can cover a receiver you are fast enough,if you can get open you are fast enough,if a back can get to the corner he is fast enough.I saw players that didn't produce at all on the field get drafted last weekend because they tested well and others who did drop because their 40 time wasn't as fast as was first thought.Thank God players like Zach Thomas and Emmitt Smith,and many others have proven if you can play that other stuff doesn't mean as much.I guess my point is if Gibson ran a legit 4.6 at the combine he can be proud because that is quick.A buddy of mine placed 3rd in the 100m at state,started at receiver at A&M,and went to the Patriots,at 6-2 195 ran a 4.54 at camp and was dissappointed and he was told that  was plenty quick enough for a receiver his size.Go watch a D1 game, then a HS game a tell me if there are really that mant 4.4-4.5 guys in HS.

We have conditioned our kids to thinking 4.6 is not very fast,by coaches fudging 40 times.We read the Texas Football mag. and most every 1a to 5a schools list several players in the 4.3 to 4.5 forty range,go to a D1 college and watch a legit 4.5 guy run,he is flying.A true 4.6 high school kid is quick. Bum Phillips said he never timed 40's,he said if you can cover a receiver you are fast enough,if you can get open you are fast enough,if a back can get to the corner he is fast enough.I saw players that didn't produce at all on the field get drafted last weekend because they tested well and others who did drop because their 40 time wasn't as fast as was first thought.Thank God players like Zach Thomas and Emmitt Smith,and many others have proven if you can play that other stuff doesn't mean as much.I guess my point is if Gibson ran a legit 4.6 at the combine he can be proud because that is quick.A buddy of mine placed 3rd in the 100m at state,started at receiver at A&M,and went to the Patriots,at 6-2 195 ran a 4.54 at camp and was dissappointed and he was told that  was plenty quick enough for a receiver his size.Go watch a D1 game, then a HS game a tell me if there are really that mant 4.4-4.5 guys in HS.

Yep - I agree !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami