West Orange-Stark 21 Jasper 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 minutes ago, LC-M said:

It was a inside joke. Lumberton/ others were saying they lost on purpose to LCM to avoid Carthage in the playoffs. 

I heard that immediately after the game by some folks not affiliated with either school.  I was also given multiple examples from the game that lend credence to that theory.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I heard that immediately after the game by some folks not affiliated with either school.  I was also given multiple examples from the game that lend credence to that theory.  

I think it’s all funny. I watched the game Lumberton kids played hard but at the end the day they were like the other teams in the past that we have beat. Lumberton could not throw the ball and that was LCM weakness this year. Both district teammates had to go to the air Huffman and Splendora neither really ran the ball great against us. Now if Lumberton would have had better athletes on the Field and always tended to beat us I could see some theory of that story. But Coach Babin can’t afford to lose any games at Lumberton.

35 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I'm the one brought that up that Lumberton tanked that game.  It was all over social media that particular week I believe..

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm the one brought that up that Lumberton tanked that game.  It was all over social media that particular week I believe..

I actually heard it after the game before you brought it up. I still think it’s funny. But I guess it’s time to move forward. Big game next week

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My source was someone at the game who would be considered more an LCM supporter.  Would never divulge who told me but I have a great amount of confidence and trust in this person. Gave me a couple of jaw dropping examples from the game.  Obviously just an opinion based upon what was observed. 

Agree with @LC-M though - at this point, who cares and move on.  Tanking has long been a part of sports whether we like or agree with it.  If true, not the first or the last time it will happen.  

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was waiting for the Jasper win.  Welp.  Looks like Jasper avoided us after all, like they planned all along...

If anything Silsbee is lucky we didn’t face y’all Hunt & Limbrick both would have been back for that game. Silsbee is not good hopefully we play next season. Your crazy as hell if you think anyone fears playing y’all lmao Newton ran through you guys like slice bread you put no fear in anyone’s heart. 

11 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

If anything Silsbee is lucky we didn’t face y’all Hunt & Limbrick both would have been back for that game. Silsbee is not good hopefully we play next season. Your crazy as hell if you think anyone fears playing y’all lmao Newton ran through you guys like slice bread you put no fear in anyone’s heart. 

You know, you guys had an outstanding season.  Why do you need to muck it up by posting this stuff.  Y'all had a great season and played a great game last night. 

1 hour ago, Jasper Fan said:

...like y'all beat us the last two years?  

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

You know, you guys had an outstanding season.  Why do you need to muck it up by posting this stuff.  Y'all had a great season and played a great game last night. 

I know he’s joking around but he’s putting it in context like Jasper was afraid to play Silsbee when in reality a healthy jasper team would blow the doors off of them. Anyway congrats on the win, here in Jasper our thing is No X which means no excuses we lost the game. You guys outplayed us plain & simple. 

41 minutes ago, Jasper Fan said:

I know he’s joking around but he’s putting it in context like Jasper was afraid to play Silsbee when in reality a healthy jasper team would blow the doors off of them. Anyway congrats on the win, here in Jasper our thing is No X which means no excuses we lost the game. You guys outplayed us plain & simple. 

That week schedule y’all had no wonder y’all went undefeated. No way on Gods green earth y’all beat Silsbee, go back to dreaming.