RANDOM THOUGHTS

MIF04

With 21-3A moving their schedule to a Thurday/Saturday format this week (to accomodate the district track meet), this week's edition of 'Random Thoughts' may be even more random than usual.  There is still a lot of 'big doings' so far this week with more fireworks to come over the weekend.

The LCM Bears earned a huge win by travelling to The Reservation and rallying to claim a 5-4 win over previously undefeated PNG.  Not only did it allow the Bears to pull within a game of the Indians but it kept them 1 game up on Vidor (who took a lackluster 6-3 win last night over Lumberton) and 2 games up on Nederland and Dayton.  The Bulldogs kept their hopes alive when they finally put away Central 14-5 whiel Dayton suffered a 4-3 'dagger in the heart' courtesy of the Ozen Panthers.  How big is Friday night's Vidor at Dayton game?  Answer:  huge.  But so is the PNG @ Nederland game while Ozen continues to try and play spoiler when they travel to LCM.  Next door in 21-4A, Barbers Hill rolled (again) to a 12-0 win over Crosby.  They should be tested Friday when they travel to New Caney to face PJ Dean (he of the 90-plus mph fast ball).  By the way, congrats to BH as they sit #3 in the latest HS Coaches State Poll.

Up in 5A, West Brook trounced Kingwood 7-2 last night and, coupled with Lee's upset of Sterling, the Bruins find themselves tied for first in 21-5A with Sterling.  Josiah Svoboda threw 6 solid innings and Tim Ferguson bashed his 5th HR to lead WB.  The Bruins host Lee on Friday night and hope to set the stage for that district's showdown on Monday afternoon when they welcome Baytown Sterling to the friendly confines of West Brook Park.  All the chips could be shoved on the table for that one.

Down in 3A, congrats go to Silsbee (#5) and Jasper (#8) for being state ranked.  HJ travels to Silsbee tonight for what remains as a 'must' win for the Hawks as the cling to their slim playoff hopes.  Buna continues to roll with a 9-0 romp over Hardin while Pineland West Sabine, at 13-1, holds down the #5 position in the 1A state poll.

PNG loses...Vidor is set to tangle with Dayton...PNG goes to Nederland...think we might see some changes by Sunday in the Top Ten?  That, my friends, is why we play the games !!!!

I love how you say vidor wins 6-3 and you say it was lackluster.

then when you talk about westbrook winning 7-2 it was a trouncing!!

a trouncing is nederland beating central 14-5.

I think maybe the choice of words "lackluster" or "trouncing" is determined more by the way the game was won and not the score. Maybe...

It will be ok Piratefan. We'll be in the playoffs and ya'll will be at home...AGAIN!!!!  :D :D

actually I wasnt even talking to you.I was giving yall a compliment.but of course you show your Nederland personality..we will see at the end of the year who goes and who stays

Don't know if this 'random thought' would fit but (new member)heres a shot from the hip. With the thread about 'strikeouts and pitchers, and the total lack of promo from our local newspapers, would it be possible to put together a factual list of these type stats here? Surely would require a min BA ERAs ect. I have noticed in that thread a cpl of coaches (I think) that have responded. W

Don't know if this 'random thought' would fit but (new member)heres a shot from the hip. With the thread about 'strikeouts and pitchers, and the total lack of promo from our local newspapers, would it be possible to put together a factual list of these type stats here? Surely would require a min BA ERAs ect. I have noticed in that thread a cpl of coaches (I think) that have responded. W

Sounds like a Great Idea....That would be COOL... 8) 8)

Thanks, would take a little work gettn starting but would be a great asset once done. The stats in the Houston paper in '98' without a dought helped us.

I will work on that.  Will need a lot of cooperation from each team's stat guy/coach. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami