Best pitcher in 24AA.

I have seen every team in the district except Buna and to be honest I haven't seen a dominate pitcher yet.As a whole I think this district is down a little this year in pitching strength.Lots of kids who can throw strikes but not the one guy that stands out.

I agree with you whsalum, but it is hard to argue with Muckelroy's numbers.

I saw him pitch in the Kountze tournament, and honestly, I didn't think he was, what I would call, dominating.  However, he has put up some great numbers in district.  Strictly by the numbers, I would have to say Muckelroy is the best.

I have seen every team in the district except Buna and to be honest I haven't seen a dominate pitcher yet.As a whole I think this district is down a little this year in pitching strength.Lots of kids who can throw strikes but not the one guy that stands out.

I agree whsalum there really isnt a dominant pitcher and if there is he probably pitches for buna............. thats probably why they havent loss a district game yet

Yea under where i agree also, buna probally has the best pitching. In 2-A ball if you have a couple good pitcher you could go a long ways. Just think back a few years ago, back when Beck was at woodville, thats what i call a dominating pitcher... And they went all the way... whoever has the dominating pitcher will do very well in this division of baseball...

Here are the stats for Buna's 2 pitchers in district:

Brandon Hillin 20 IP - ERA 1.05 - OPP BA .145 - SO 27 - bb 6 - Record 3-0

Tucker Muckleroy 20 IP - ERA 1.05 - Opp BA .096 - SO 34 - bb 8 - Record 3-0

Both guys have given up 3 earned runs each in district!

A great pitcher that pitched against the undefeated buna is tanner lonyon pitching 7 innings and did not get knocked off the mound ! ! ! Not taking anything away from any other pitchers but the best that i have seen would have to be either brandon hillin for buna or tucker mukleroy for buna ! ! !  Not only them two there was a kid from deweyville that was a good pitcher but do not know his name or number sorry ! ! !

tucker muckelroy of buna has been outstanding for the cougars

My Bridge City Cardinals wished this pitcher would have stayed in 3A instead of going down to a lower division of competition.  But, from what I hear, he is doing very well against 2A hitters.  Best of luck in the playoffs.

I will give credit to the kountze pitcher..he is a battler.. even though buna had one of there worst games hitting, 7 innings against them is still pretty impressive..

Well that might be the reason they had a hard time hitting ! ! !  

Just a sugestion ! ! !

Guest fanofthagame

I will give credit to the kountze pitcher..he is a battler.. even though buna had one of there worst games hitting, 7 innings against them is still pretty impressive..

Pick your side. Did Buna have an off night at the plate or did the Kountze pitcher pitch a good game. It can't be both.

Well i just dont like when people dont know what thier talking about i like to catch people up with the facts .

You can certainly tell from all these post that Buna and Kountze is becoming to be a early rivalry in this district and that baseball is starting to flourish in southeast Texas.

I've been to quite a few games in 24-2a and there is ample talent with a surprising amount of young talent on it's way up. Buna is a dominant team this year with good pitching, and promising next year. By the same token Kountze has a very promising future with NEW talent and by the two games played against each other this year, it could have gone either way, (being a one run difference in each game played.)Of course there's other talent to be wary of in this district in the way of Deweyville's great upcoming talent, and lets not forget the little pitcher from Anahuac, or some good hitting ability coming from Warren, and I'm certainly not trying to exclude the other teams in this district,with great promise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder