what three 22-4A teams will go to play-offs and why?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Central - We have something to prove, starting with Dayton.  We have the athletes to compete and great coaching.  #3 Will be a man among boys at RB.

2. Dayton - They have a monster returning in A. J. Dugat and a young gun in the QB that had a full year of varsity under his belt.  Their defense will be ready

3 or 4...either/or...Ozen/Nederland, with the edge going to Nederland.  What more can you say about nederland.  They are always talked about because they dont' have d1 talent or dont' have the athletes, yet, they always find their way in the playoffs.  Amazing.  Great coaching in Midcounty.  Ozen always have athletes, always!  If there is coaching to mold that talent, who knows.  Ozen is gonna be flying under the radar and will suprise people, just watch and see.

there is my teams and why.

1. Dayton - Talent level at skill positions is pretty high... I look for them to contend well... And I was amazed at how fast their defense was last year, not sure how many defensive starters are returning, but they have some speed over there

2. Central - Speed... Speed... Speed... The Jags are extremely quick and have proven themselves to be a powerhouse in this district... In conjunction with their speed, they typically run a La Marque 'esque' offense... At least that was my evaluation... Their schemes are great with their level of talent

3. Nederland - I dont care if you have Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or any other superstar on your team, if you play against a team with a great coaching staff, you are very susceptible to being beat.. Nederland HANDS DOWN has the best coaches in Southeast Texas.. Coach Spell is a defensive mastermind that can send shockwaves through an opposing OC... And I dont think Coach Neumann needs an introduction... 10 straight playoff appearances and counting.. All of this being done without an immense chunk of talent... Nederland always, always finds ways to win, even in the toughest games....

png. they have alot of guys coming up from the jv. there gonna bestacked on offesne. and a running back who ran 3 touchdowns on nederlan in one game had 200 yards on dayton and 3 touchdowns on central. and i know they will all be bringing people up

Hemmings had 200 yds rushing against dayton? or is that total yards? I knew he did a great job, but I didn't know it was that many. Ya'll had a great plan running the ball that night?  ;)

Coach Spell is a defensive mastermind that can send shockwaves through an opposing OC...

Nederland does have a very good coaching staff, but let's not oversell. Ned's defense gave up an average of 28 points per game, including scores of 63, 41, 35, 49, and 28. I'm not feeling the "waves." Dayton gave up an average of 16 ppg (which was skewed upwards by WO-S's 26 points ;)).

Nederland always, always finds ways to win, even in the toughest games

They were .500 this year, including a "clutch" loss to Vidor. Go figure.

Nederland does have a very good coaching staff, but let's not oversell. Ned's defense gave up an average of 28 points per game, including scores of 63, 41, 35, 49, and 28. I'm not feeling the "waves." Dayton gave up an average of 16 ppg (which was skewed upwards by WO-S's 26 points ;)).

They were .500 this year, including a "clutch" loss to Vidor. Go figure.

You do provide some valid points to defer my claim, but if you take a look at his career as a whole, you will see what I am talking about. Last year Coach Spell relinqueshed his duties as the Defensive Backs coach, which could have led to the problem with defending the pass... Look for a much better defensive approach this year. Neumann is and was aware of the defensive struggles last year....

2006  22-4A  District  Averages

Scores were taken from the Houston Barnicle, so there is a slight possibility of error.

Nederland

District Record  4-3

203 Points allowed /   Avg 29

187 Points scored /    Avg 26.71

Beaumont Central

District Record  6-1

252 Points allowed /   Avg 19.14

134 Points scored /    Avg 36

Beaumont Ozen

District Record  1-6

240 Points allowed /   Avg 34.28

110 Points scored /    Avg 15.7

Vidor

District Record  2-5

165 Points allowed /   Avg 23.57

143 Points scored /    Avg 20.42

LC-M

District Record  4-3

94   Points allowed /   Avg 13.42

141 Points scored /    Avg 20.14

Lumberton

District Record  1-6

239 Points allowed /  Avg 34.14

127 Points scored /   Avg 18.14

PN-G

District Record  3-4

184 Points allowed/   Avg. 26.29

114 Points scored/    Avg. 16.29

Dayton

District Record  7-0

49   Points allowed /  Avg. 7

269 Points scored  /  Avg. 38.42

Dayton

Season Record  10-3

127   Points allowed /  Avg. 10.58

371   Points scored  /  Avg. 30.91

Ozen

Central

Dayton(in no particular order)

Ned's defense will continue to get softer

Ozen has Central's old OC so no more finesse offense---about 65% smash-mouth.....

LC-M will challenge for a spot....

Ozen

Central

Dayton(in no particular order)

Ned's defense will continue to get softer

Ozen has Central's old OC so no more finesse offense---about 65% smash-mouth.....

LC-M will challenge for a spot....

Ozen will not be a factor--yet they are still one year away. It will be Dayton, Central, LCM

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83