The Woodlands 68 Silsbee 63/FINAL

50 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

No one in 4A not even Yates has played the schedule Silsbee has played. I don't think Center could beat Silsbee on a neutral court and I don' see Hardin Jefferson beating Silsbee next week. I see Silsbee rolling thru to the regional finals and beating Yates 87-82 to advance to state where it could be a Semifinals or Finals showdown vs Dallas Carter. Out of all the non district loses Silsbee only took one beat down to Wagner and played the following week within 10 points with football players. Maybe PA Memorial or Westbrook could have played Silsbee schedule and had one or two more wins. None would beat Wagner, Duncanville, Concordia, or Atascocita. They will go into the playoffs at 23-8 and they will be fine. This year' schedule was harder than last year' with 5 less seniors. IMO kids like Chris Martin, Sells, and Newton will find their groove here soon. Go Tigers!!!

Memorial is better than Atascocita imo.  Westbrook might be.  Agree on the other 3 you mentioned though.  

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

No one in 4A not even Yates has played the schedule Silsbee has played. I don't think Center could beat Silsbee on a neutral court and I don' see Hardin Jefferson beating Silsbee next week. I see Silsbee rolling thru to the regional finals and beating Yates 87-82 to advance to state where it could be a Semifinals or Finals showdown vs Dallas Carter. Out of all the non district loses Silsbee only took one beat down to Wagner and played the following week within 10 points with football players. Maybe PA Memorial or Westbrook could have played Silsbee schedule and had one or two more wins. None would beat Wagner, Duncanville, Concordia, or Atascocita. They will go into the playoffs at 23-8 and they will be fine. This year' schedule was harder than last year' with 5 less seniors. IMO kids like Chris Martin, Sells, and Newton will find their groove here soon. Go Tigers!!!

Unmmm bro ...atascocita lost to north forest ...and anybody that knows basketball and has watched both Yates and silsbee  play this year knows that silsbee isn’t favored to beat Yates this year ...strength of schedule means nothing when you’re losing vs all of the tough teams that you are playing 

28 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Unmmm bro ...atascocita lost to north forest ...and anybody that knows basketball and has watched both Yates and silsbee  play this year knows that silsbee isn’t favored to beat Yates this year ...strength of schedule means nothing when you’re losing vs all of the tough teams that you are playing 

Idk.  My issue with Yates is the system they run plays to Silsbee’s strengths (I.e., guard play).   The press is extremely vulnerable on the back end and Silsbee wot be forced to even shoot it well if they attack the basket like they should.  On the offensive end, I’ve never figured out what Yates is trying to accomplish other than jack the first open shot they see.  But silsbee has also not made the best decisions on offense a lot this year. 

Having said that, if Yates does shoot it well, they could beat the Tigers.  But to imply Yates is a clear favorite is a bit optimistic and biased on your part imo.  To me, this is a game that could go either way but gun to my head I would absolutely take Silsbee.

But there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and then and I don’t think either team should plan on coasting to the regional finals. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Idk.  My issue with Yates is the system they run plays to Silsbee’s strengths (I.e., guard play).   The press is extremely vulnerable on the back end and Silsbee wot be forced to even shoot it well if they attack the basket like they should.  On the offensive end, I’ve never figured out what Yates is trying to accomplish other than jack the first open shot they see.  But silsbee has also not made the best decisions on offense a lot this year. 

Having said that, if Yates does shoot it well, they could beat the Tigers.  But to imply Yates is a clear favorite is a bit optimistic and biased on your part imo.  To me, this is a game that could go either way but gun to my head I would absolutely take Silsbee.

But there is a lot of basketball to be played between now and then and I don’t think either team should plan on coasting to the regional finals. 

I agree with what you saying ..I’m not saying they are a clear favorite ..It can be a winnable game for silsbee  ..but based on watching both teams it would be a slight  upset ..depending on the way Yates shoots the ball ..and maybe it’s clear to everyone or it just looks to me that Yates focus is solely on defense/ press sets ...I only see their coach  only calling defensive plays unless it’s like at the end of a qtr....

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

I agree with what you saying ..I’m not saying they are a clear favorite ..It can be a winnable game for silsbee  ..but based on watching both teams it would be a slight  upset ..depending on the way Yates shoots the ball ..and maybe it’s clear to everyone or it just looks to me that Yates focus is solely on defense/ press sets ...I only see their coach  only calling defensive plays unless it’s like at the end of a qtr....

No I think that’s fair to say about defensive sets.  They often look a hot mess on offense.