Should Roschon Transfer?

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

You will find out next year PNG has a lot of returning talent. Oour defense we had as many as 5 sophomores starting at different times.  We had 4 on Offense. Can you name a year in our history we had that many. We have a special HB who is most likely going to be running with Deslatte next season who will only be a sophomore. Roschon will have a lot of talent next year. Riggs was the very best receiver in our history all 92 years. He sits a top of all of our records for receiving for the most part. His departure will hurt just as LeJune's did last year.  The same thing was said when Deron, Jalili, Nelson, Jeremiah Rose, Kaleb Sparks, and Sulliven all left. If you have a passing team it affords you the opportunity to develop receivers. Thats why every season under Faircloth we have had good receivers. By no means is the cupboard empty. Next seasons team will be talented and will have the best player on it in SETX for one more season. The Indians will compete for the DC again.

Are you really sure you want your defensive starters to come back? 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m sure he’ll still get to dump a pass to the tight end every now and then.  

It’s all in fun. I’ve been claiming that we were his second choice for a while now. Totally unsubstantiated, of course. 

I figured as much, just having fun with the thought myself.

26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Being in the Spread didn't get him a State Championship either.

I can promise you being in the slot T has never got anyone beyond the 4A level a state championship. I'm not certain, but I'd be willing to bet there haven't been many(Liberty Hill in like 2005)slot T teams period who have won a state title. I'd be willing to bet that everyone of the PNG coaches, unlike the majority of folks on this site, would agree that College Station was the better team, and the majority of the time in December, the better team wins.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

I can promise you being in the slot T has never got anyone beyond the 4A level a state championship. I'm not certain, but I'd be willing to bet there haven't been many(Liberty Hill in like 2005)slot T teams period who have won a state title. I'd be willing to bet that everyone of the PNG coaches, unlike the majority of folks on this site, would agree that College Station was the better team, and the majority of the time in December, the better team wins.

I believe Ennis won State with it in 2014.  Also, Calallen is still in the playoffs with it this year.  I'm sure there were more.  Not sure what every team in the playoffs runs.

9 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I believe Ennis won State with it in 2014.  Also, Calallen is still in the playoffs with it this year.  I'm sure there were more.  Not sure what every team in the playoffs runs.

Coach Alvarez isn’t afraid to throw the ball and keep a defense honest.  Many coaches who run the wing/slot are too stubborn to do that.

58 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

It’s getting him a 4 year ride to University of Texas.

i’d say throwing the ball 20 times a game, versus 20 times a year helps a QB accomplish that.

3 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Name a high school kid who doesn’t dream and strive for that?

Yes, It's important.  But also important is a Team concept and winning a State Championship. 

18 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Is it possible for him to graduate early next year (Dec) from PNG and head to UT in the spring? If not he could probably transfer to one of several academies, graduate in Dec, and then head to UT in the spring for spring practice and begin competing. That’s the only way I️ see him not playing at PNG next year. 

Steve Jackson did that his senior year at Lincoln for basketball 

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Yes, It's important.  But also important is a Team concept and winning a State Championship. 

No doubt.  Nothing wrong with the wing T.  I coached with Alvarez for 2 years in Kirbyville.  I believe in it for sure.  But back to the thread..  why would someone with RJ’s skill set want to be in the slot T, if he wanted to transfer?  I know it was all said in jest, to begin with.

5 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

No doubt.  Nothing wrong with the wing T.  I coached with Alvarez for 2 years in Kirbyville.  I believe in it for sure.  But back to the thread..  why would someone with RJ’s skill set want to be in the slot T, if he wanted to transfer?  I know it was all said in jest, to begin with.

If done right, the Slot-T can win a State Championship.  Running 99% of the time like Vidor or Bridge City does is not the way.

If this was to happen WOS would be a better fit. Going to PAM would cause certain people to get the UIL INVOLVED to hurt PAM and they would wait till the end of the season to pull it, IMO. Everyone thinks I’m hating on this kid, I want you to take off the homer glasses. This last game showed what I been saying all year. When RJ goes against a tough defense he doesn’t have these 5 star athlete games. Personally being in this district hurt him as playing against the likes of Lumberton, Lee, Livingston, Ozen, Central... just padded his stats and to be honest, gave him no challenge. Also keeping him in blowout games also pads the stats even more. When he played against that team yesterday, that’s what he will be facing at UT, on the low side of the talent. This is why I said he might be a wr or athlete going in there. Used liked swopes maybe. THATS NOT S KNOCK ON HIM!! just saying imo, those stats are not impressive when you look at who he done it against. PAM and Nederland kept his stats either avg or below, every team other than those teams were not very good.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Ennis won one in 5a in a wing T set. I was at that game

10 minutes ago, Reagan said:

If done right, the Slot-T can win a State Championship.  Running 99% of the time like Vidor or Bridge City does is not the way.

The only problem is that we’re not a qb factory. 

We’d be throwing a lot more if we had the arms to do so. Kids in most schools dream about growing up and being the qb.... that isn’t the case in BC. Guys like Jack Dallas who are willing to pitch AND play QB aren’t that common anymore. 

But y’all are right. We’ll never get far with NO passing game.