Crosby VS LC-M Battlin' Bears

LCMAlumtiger32

Well LCM picked up 14.2 Crosby Cougars on our bye week and we dumped St. Pius on the following week which i think is a bad idea. I watched Crosby against Jasper. There offense is explosive and they have a good running back. I thought Jasper ran the ball on them pretty well. Crosby defense has  given up 103 points in three weeks and it looks like they have been having problems stopping folks. It does not take a genius to figure out Crosby is the heavy favorite in this game. We will have players going both ways and Crosby probably wont have any. We are still trying to get conditioned after missing weeks of practice. Our defense looked better last night but we have not faced a spread team. Our Offense, well we are still having problems snapping the ball, and against a good football team you can not do that. Play calling is another thing with the 10 bubble screens and jet sweeps 3rd and 10. I think we should have gotten our offense vertical throwing the ball. One of our wide receiver was a foot taller than Orangefield cornerback and we only threw his direction 3 or 4 times. I'd like to see a good close game with no silly mistakes on offense.

If there was ever a team to face that was an obvious mismatch, then it is this Crosby team.  I don't think they are interested in posting huge scores against teams.  2 of the last 3 games looked like blowouts for Crosby and then the other team caught fire and made it a game.  

I want to say this is part of the plan to get to the playoffs healthy but that does a disservice to the other teams that are fighting to get back into the game.  

A good running game is going to have some success against the Crosby defense.  

Offensively, you probably don't have the speed to match.  Couple of these kids are really fast.  Play disciplined and preventing the home run can keep a team in it.  Looking forward to the visit.

18 hours ago, texbuzz said:

If there was ever a team to face that was an obvious mismatch, then it is this Crosby team.  I don't think they are interested in posting huge scores against teams.  2 of the last 3 games looked like blowouts for Crosby and then the other team caught fire and made it a game.  

I want to say this is part of the plan to get to the playoffs healthy but that does a disservice to the other teams that are fighting to get back into the game.  

A good running game is going to have some success against the Crosby defense.  

Offensively, you probably don't have the speed to match.  Couple of these kids are really fast.  Play disciplined and preventing the home run can keep a team in it.  Looking forward to the visit.

Get there early it’s homecoming.

Really, it's going to be homecoming. Dang! 

Add that to complaint list...

1. The drive there 

2. The drive home 

3. 7PM start, I prefer 7:30, gives me 30 more minutes to find my way

4. Homecoming 

5. ???

Seriously, as always I hope for a good clean game, where both teams show improvement, no injuries & a Crosby victory.